Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

NHS Scientist Training Programme 2016 applicants! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm a northerner so all mine were mainly up north with the odd one down south. London last :P.

I can't wait to find out either way, I'm losing my mind!

ReputationRep:
    I'm also a northerner so Derby is my first choice for vascular!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anone567)
    I'm a northerner so all mine were mainly up north with the odd one down south. London last :P.

I can't wait to find out either way, I'm losing my mind!
    Haha yeah I think a lot of people might have put London last because it's so expensive!! But most of my friends are here and my running club are here, so I kind of want to stay! I'd still be really excited to move to some of the other places if I got a place though.

ReputationRep:
    Also Northern, but my choices are actually kind of scattered all over the place! Again London trusts are the only ones I've put as no preference. I had heard these were the most competitive, but judging by the (albeit very small number of) responses on here that could be wrong!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smailliwharas)
    Hey lavi, it's BME sarah!!

Well done on getting interview (complete), I got one too, yeay!
    Heey well done,nice to see someone I know around here! Didn't know you applied for the England scheme! Did you apply for Med Phys too ?

ReputationRep:
    I'm from the Midlands so Nottingham, Leicester and Birmingham were near the top of my choices London and the South being towards the bottom.

ReputationRep:
    I'm originally from London, my top choices are London, Surrey, Kent and Luton. A bit tougher for Immunology as there are only four spots scattered around England. Happy to move to wherever though if I get a spot

ReputationRep:
    I'm from the North, so also went for Northern ones. Hoping I have more chance to get a Northern one since the med phys uni is in London.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

Anyone heard back about 'interview complete/unsuccessful' from gastrointestinal?

Mine still says booked but I'm hoping it's just cos I was put on last minute from the reserve list!

Well done to all who passed so far !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosieleavy7)
    Hi all!

Anyone heard back about 'interview complete/unsuccessful' from gastrointestinal?

Mine still says booked but I'm hoping it's just cos I was put on last minute from the reserve list!

Well done to all who passed so far !
    Hi if you look on the previous page to confirm, someone did say they had an unsuccessful for gastrointestinal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nightwing_)
    Hi if you look on the previous page to confirm, someone did say they had an unsuccessful for gastrointestinal.
    Oh yeah thanks Nightwing I just checked back, you're right. I may email them to ask if Others from GI have had status changes!

ReputationRep:
    Seems like an even mix between north and south!

ReputationRep:
    Just got an interview unsuccessful for biochemistry! Worth a check guys.

I had interview complete, gutted!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nymv)

Thanks for the heads up, and also commiserations, that sucks !

If anyone is interested still currently says interview complete for me with genomics and cardiac science.

(Original post by nymv)

that sucks. i wonder why it would change from complete to unsuccessful now rather than before like others?

mine still says complete but now I'm worried!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superhellie)
    that sucks. i wonder why it would change from complete to unsuccessful now rather than before like others?

mine still says complete but now I'm worried!
    Biochem was the first, it's possible they are just starting to work through them. They'll have everyone's scores now, so maybe they can start to let people know who won't be successful despite meeting the minimum requirements. All guesswork though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonny456)
    Hey guys,

I am a final year Cardiac Physiology PTP student and am planning on applying to upgrade to the STP program So by the time I graduate I will have 50 weeks clinical experience in cardiac outpatients and already have covered half the STP course which is slightly annoying!
    What degree did you do before CP

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone. Sorry to hear about those who were unsuccessful. I'm from London so I've applied to all London places only. I want to stay at home so all other places were a no-go (too far!). Ive applied for Medical Physics. Waiting to hear back impatiently.. My status is currently on 'interview complete'. Hopefully this will change to successful.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody with updates for Med phys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steelowl93)
    Mine has changed to complete for Audiology. We were the last day of interviews so I guess that might be everyone now! 😬😬😬 next time oriel is updated they'll be putting our offers (or not) in!
    I've still got interview booked for audiology, when did yours change? going to end up checking oriel so many times today, just be nice to know if I failed any of the stations!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.