St George's
    5.58%
    Other
    25.72%
    I dont know :')
    4.13%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickynjoe)
    Hello, I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on which universities I would have the best chance of applying in and getting an interview. I have only got an average UKCAT score of 670 and been really panicking with uni choices!!
    VR= 570
    QR= 740
    AR= 700
    Average= 670 (2010)
    Band 2
    AS grades= AAAA
    A2 predicted= A* A* A
    GCSE grades= 6 A*s and 3 As
    Im thinking hull york, nottingham, manchester, birmingham, cardiff and Bristol?? Which ones should I avoid?? Thank youuuu😊😊😊
    I literally have the exact same stats as you lol, I'm also applying to Birmingham and hull-York too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KB_97)
    Don't bother. Take a gap year instead. But on ur gap year definitely have a 5th choice that's you'd be willing to do.
    Okay cool thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KB_97)
    Thanks for replying. Actually Birmingham doesn't see A* as being any higher than an A and they don't even use a2 for picking applicants for interviews. It's entirely based on gcse and ukcat.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does this mean that Birmingham doesn't take personal statement into account pre-interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bright_Gift)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Does this mean that Birmingham doesn't take personal statement into account pre-interview
    They must do. They most proabbalt read it and make sure it's satisfactory. But ultimately it's the score you get from gcse and ukcat.

I ultimately decided to go for Birmingham instead of Liverpool. I may have made a mistake but for some reason I couldn't let go of Birmingham. I hope the cut off doesn't change too much. How much do people expect it to change from 6.17?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KB_97)
    They must do. They most proabbalt read it and make sure it's satisfactory. But ultimately it's the score you get from gcse and ukcat.

I ultimately decided to go for Birmingham instead of Liverpool. I may have made a mistake but for some reason I couldn't let go of Birmingham. I hope the cut off doesn't change too much. How much do people expect it to change from 6.17?
    The admissions tutor at the open day said essentially they read it to make sure there's nothing to be concerned about, but essentially it's your score that gets you an interview.
    I don't think anyone can predict if/how much it will go up, but given how much they've quoted the 6.17 figure I can't imagine they're expecting it to rise significantly.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone knows a lot about Cardiff medical school would you be able to private message me about whether I have a chance of getting an interview or not ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueribbons99)
    If anyone knows a lot about Cardiff medical school would you be able to private message me about whether I have a chance of getting an interview or not ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pm me ur questions. I applied last year and will be applying this year too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KB_97)
    Pharmacy at kcl. Already on a gap year. Can't afford to have another one. Also don't want to do biomed bc I can't afford to do GEM
    Does KCL ask for a Pharmacy personal statement or are they fine with the medicine one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KB_97)
    Pm me ur questions. I applied last year and will be applying this year too.
    Thank you, messaged you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me with my decision on whether to study medicine or not??

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4354546

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickynjoe)
    Hello, I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on which universities I would have the best chance of applying in and getting an interview. I have only got an average UKCAT score of 670 and been really panicking with uni choices!!
    VR= 570
    QR= 740
    AR= 700
    Average= 670 (2010)
    Band 2
    AS grades= AAAA
    A2 predicted= A* A* A
    GCSE grades= 6 A*s and 3 As
    Im thinking hull york, nottingham, manchester, birmingham, cardiff and Bristol?? Which ones should I avoid?? Thank youuuu😊😊😊
    your gcses arent enough for cardiff as they want 9/10A* but all the others look good! im applying to birmingham as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munchkin1212)
    Can anyone help me with my decision on whether to study medicine or not??

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4354546
    Please someone help me. How can I decide whether to take gamble on medicine or carry on pursuing engineering??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittacraic)
    Hiya everyone,
    My GCSE's were 11A*s but my AS's were AAAB but I am repeating the B and hopefully will get it up.
    My UKCAT Average was 683.3, AR - 640, VR - 670 and QR - 740, with Band 1 in SJT.
    I am trying to decide which 3 of the Scottish Unis are more suitable to me out of Dundee, Aberdeen, Glasgow, and Edinburgh? More like what ones am I most likely to get an interview for, if any
    Thanks!!
    I would say aberdeen glasgow and dundee

ReputationRep:
    Hello,anyone who is applying to manchester, whilst filling out the manchester e-form, would it be wise to just use sections of the personal statement and copy them into the boxes? Or will they also read the personal statement and therefore the information in the e-form needs to be different?Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lidzi_)
    Does KCL ask for a Pharmacy personal statement or are they fine with the medicine one?
    If u mention pharmacy in the ps they will consider you however if u don't show any interest in pharmacy you'll be rejected. I called them and they said they recieved med applicants every year but they were unable to tell me if they were successful or not. They also have a portal thing for applicants to be in contact with the admissions team and they told me that when I apply I can message the team on their and ask whether I can add to my application I really not. They didnt explicitly tell me if I could definitely send an alternative statement or not as they need to see the rest of my application. So I guess if my grades werent good enough then they'd reject anyway so there's not point in me adding a separate ps. That's what I assumed/understood from what I was told anyway. It might seem risky applying but I don't want to do biomed and I cant afford GEM. So if I don't get in this year it's the end of the road for me. Good luck for ur application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey12345678910)
    Hello,anyone who is applying to manchester, whilst filling out the manchester e-form, would it be wise to just use sections of the personal statement and copy them into the boxes? Or will they also read the personal statement and therefore the information in the e-form needs to be different?Cheers!
    hey, it says on manchester's site that they'll only be looking at a select few ps after having read the online forms if they feel they didn't get enough info from a certain candidate's form. i think most people will probably be copying a lot of it from their ps tbh, so you should be fine, especially considering they don't look at the ps beforehand. you can call up to make sure if you want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munchkin1212)
    Please someone help me. How can I decide whether to take gamble on medicine or carry on pursuing engineering??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    if you're not at least 90% certain with medicine and there is another path that you can potentially take and will enjoy, I'd say drop med.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sububzi)
    if you're not at least 90% certain with medicine and there is another path that you can potentially take and will enjoy, I'd say drop med.
    But how do I tell whether I'm sure? Aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How do Bristol score GCSE's and do predicted grades higher than AAA give you a higher A level score?

Also how do bristol decide on who they are going to give offers post interview?

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I just wanted to ask has anyone started to revise for the bmat? If so, how? (as in what resources) and how often?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.