The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Medicine Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 1684019
I am really sorry. Good luck with the rest of your applications.
Did you hear via e-mail, Track or the UCL portal?

I heard via email. That was my one and only interview so i ll be taking a gap year now 😕
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Got an offer at half twelve today, interview was last Wednesday. So happy :smile: good luck to anyone waiting
Original post by ford2910
I heard via email. That was my one and only interview so i ll be taking a gap year now 😕

I'm so sorry to hear that. Good luck for the future though, don't loose hope.

What do you think it was in your interview that made you feel it didn't go so well if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
still haven't heard anything of ucl, id imagine interviews had been given out all by now?
Original post by Joooeee
Anyone else worried about getting the grades in the summer?

After getting this far I'm worried I might fall at the last hurdle.

Same here!!
Original post by Joooeee
Anyone else worried about getting the grades in the summer?

After getting this far I'm worried I might fall at the last hurdle.

Definitely, theres a lot left to do!

The A* in biology and the A in chemistry (which I got a B in last year) will be tough for me. Just had mocks and got AAB,although I had done no past papers and only started revision 3 days before mock week.

I've heard that theres a decent chance that with AAA they will let you in? Anyone know if there's truth in this?
Original post by plsgivemeanoffer

The A* in biology and the A in chemistry (which I got a B in last year) will be tough for me. Just had mocks and got AAB,although I had done no past papers and only started revision 3 days before mock week.

I've heard that theres a decent chance that with AAA they will let you in? Anyone know if there's truth in this?

Not sure. I think there are lenient medical schools out there but I don't think UCL is renowned as one of them. I've heard even if you get A*AA with A* in your third subject (not in Bio or Chem), they've not accepted people, so with AAA the chances will be even lower presumably. Hopefully we'll get the grades anyway :biggrin:

I think I can get an A* in chem, but I only got a B in biology last year and am not resisting so hope I can still get it up to an A.

I think I can get A*AAB if I work really hard, but hope a B in bio doesn't stop me getting in, unless I can pull it up.
Original post by Joooeee
I think I can get an A* in chem, but I only got a B in biology last year and am not resisting so hope I can still get it up to an A.

I think I can get A*AAB if I work really hard, but hope a B in bio doesn't stop me getting in, unless I can pull it up.

out of interest, why are you doing 4 A2s?
out of interest, why are you doing 4 A2s?

I got three pretty good A's last year and a B.

Didn't want to drop biology because of med schools asking for it and didn't really want to drop something I got an A in, otherwise would have dropped one.
How long does UCL take to put the rejections into ucas track?
I got an offer for 2017 entry today!!! My interview was last wednesday.
Original post by rose215
I got an offer for 2017 entry today!!! My interview was last wednesday.

Did you apply deferred?
Original post by Nightinwind
Did you apply deferred?

No I applied for 2016, but I think because I didn't have too much work experience they gave me 2017 entry
Original post by rose215
No I applied for 2016, but I think because I didn't have too much work experience they gave me 2017 entry

Oh well done! Are you gonna take it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by medprospects
Oh well done! Are you gonna take it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!!! and yes I will as UCL is my favourite and I was thinking about asking to take a gap year anyway!!
Reply 1296
Yo, what was the BMAT essay about how computers only give answers?
Reply 1297
Original post by avdf
Yo, what was the BMAT essay about how computers only give answers?

Pablo Picasso - computers are useless, they only provide you with answers
Explain what this means
Do you agree
What are the limits of technology?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1298
rejected today, interview was last tuesday
kinda surprised cos I was actually really pleased with my performance leaving the interview and was able to answer all questions I was asked
oh well :smile:
Hey guys, how do I join the fb offer holders group? What's the link lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending