Turn on thread page Beta

OCR Chemistry A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 27 2016 and Depth - June 10 2016) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeachChemistry)
    Sorry no I am not prepared to give that info out

I think grade boundaries will be fairly high. My students were very happy with the paper and I thought it was pretty fair.
    Why can't you say the number of marks. LOL you don't have the paper.

ReputationRep:
    The spec specifically says that the small peak after the MW peak is due to 13C
    Yeah I know - would I get 4 marks still? For coming to the butanoic conclusion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    Hopefully around 107-109
    That would be great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronnydandam)
    Yeah I know - would I get 4 marks still? For coming to the butanoic conclusion
    Probably will get some marks even if you got the final structure wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4nonymous)
    Why can't you say the number of marks. LOL you don't have the paper.
    Yawn. Get back to me on 18th August.

ReputationRep:
    Probably will get dome marks even if you hit the final wrong.
    Thanks, Any ideas on what we had to put to get two marks on the gas syringe picture? I completely messed up my drawing but did label ' measurement barrel' because I remember chemrevise had written that we must label that

ReputationRep:
    d

What was the answer to the last question, I got butanoic acid how many marks?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, Any ideas on what we had to put to get two marks on the gas syringe picture? I completely messed up my drawing but did label ' measurement barrel' because I remember chemrevise had written that we must label that

Measurement barrel is probably not on the mark scheme. My art ain't great so I hope yours is better.

ReputationRep:
    An inverted measuring cylinder would be OK.

ReputationRep:
    Measurement barrel is probably not on the mark scheme. My art ain't great so I hope yours is better.
    Haha fair enough, oh well

ReputationRep:
    d

LOL you clearly ain't a teacher. Stop trying to troll. You have no proof otherwise you would have shown it.
    And seeing as you didn't I win this debate so goodbye.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 86788930303)
    What was the answer to the last question, I got butanoic acid how many marks?
    Wasn't butanoic but you will get some marks. Q separates the men form the boys or the women from the girls.

ReputationRep:
    LOL you clearly ain't a teacher. Stop trying to troll. You have no proof otherwise you would have shown it.
    Please feel free to stalk my previous posts and prove yourself incorrect. Goodbye.

ReputationRep:
    Calm down bro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harryleavey)
    Possibly, although I would have suggested writing a bit more given the number of marks available, and the explicit mention of difference between the 2 bonds.

by 'direct' - I think it would have been better to describe where the electron density is centred i.e in a line directly between the 2 bonding atoms
    Wasn't the question just worth 1 mark?

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't butanoic but you will get some marks. Q separates the men form the boys or the women from the girls.
    For the 'why is mass lost ' Q, it is because the solid carbonate dissolves right? SrCo3 in the acid

ReputationRep:

Happy?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    For the 'why is mass lost ' Q, it is because the solid carbonate dissolves right? SrCo3 in the acid
    No

ReputationRep:
    No
    How about gas made (CO2) escapes into surroundings. Also could you just confirm wether the difference in pi and sigma bond was 1 mark or 2 marker?

ReputationRep:
    No
    Lol woops

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 27, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.