Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YaYazooGirl)
    I'm really hoping for A*AA/ A*AB (best case scenario) in Politics, History & Eng Lit A-levels...my grade requirements are AAA. Worst case scenario, I'll get AAB I really want to go to University of Warwick to study Law! I've fallen in love with the university & I desperately want to move away from home for uni.

The worst part about my insurance (SOAS to study Law) is that it also wants AAA...so if they're not lenient on results day, then I'm pretty much ****ed. If I get AAB, I would be absolutely crushed, as that's what I got in Year 12. To be fair though, I did nowhere near enough revision for A2, so idk. All my exams went incredibly well, so I honestly don't know what to think.

I was very depressed all of Year 13, so attempting to study became such a huge struggle (plus college just made everything worse). That's what's making these results so confusing for me- I truly have no idea what could happen. Last year, during AS, I studied really hard (because for some reason, it made me feel less depressed) and I still ended up with AAB. This year, I got A*AC in my A2 mocks with no revision, and I did a bit more studying by the time it reached the proper exams in June- so I might be able to clinch A*AB or AAA. Fingers crossed. :unsure:
    Same here!!! My results could be anything from A*AA/AAA/A*AB/AAB. My university also requires AAA and unfortunately I don't have a backup either because I got my offer through ucas extra, in which you can only have a firm and no insurance uni.
    For AS I got grades AAE.
    I'm in a similar situation as yours.. just want it to be over!!

ReputationRep:
    That's dedication for you - hope it works out for you! I still don't think it would have worked for me - too much like hard work lol. I got an A in my psychology A level. What are you planning on doing at uni?
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    The exam was on the 8th June and you had a total of like 20 essays which could come up as it was 1 essay per section so I started revising 3 months before the exam as at this point I had typed up the model answers. Then what I did was I would write out each essay like section at a time and keep writing it out again and again until I knew it word for word which took me on average around 2-3 days per essay and like 3 hours at least per day and I kept up this method till I knew all the essays word-for-word and then when I had learnt all the essays then it was just a matter of constantly writing them out again and again and again and also timing myself to write them out in 30 mins as they were each 5 pages long roughly so I had to make sure I wrote fast so Yh in the exam I went in having memorised all the possible essays and so it was just a matter of reading the questions and regurgitating what I had remembered and it felt amazing cause I didn't have to even think I just kept writing and writing and the words get flowing out without my even thinking, and I finished all the essays with 30 seconds left to spare and used 21 pages altogether in 1 hour and a half so I got quite a few odd looks from others sitting their exams haha but yb I think that just oroves that if youre willing to put the hours in then it is humanly posisnle to remember pages and pages wprth of information and i thjnk what is most important is that you go over the content enough so that you learn it meaning you won't just forget it cause for some of the essays like the early ones that I learnt it came to a point where even if I didn't write it out for a week I would've been able to recall it all from memory word for word without even thinking. This technique is really extreme however and in surpised I had the motivation to do it but for psychology alevel it just seemed to be the only logical way for me to go into the exam knowing I would be able to answer each question well, however I must admit I did get lucky in the sense I didn't revise 1 of the essays as it was asked the year before ! But so many people in my class just didn't seem to know how to learn such a volume of information and would've thought I was completely crazy if they knew I was memorising everything as people just seemed to learn random studies for each essay and then try and make an essay flow well in the exam.

Good luck with your exams and don't think you can't train your brain to learn lots of essays as well !

What did you get in psychology btw ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeabeki)
    wait, if your insurance is higher or the same as your firm is there any way you would actually end up going there? Because you make a commitment to your firm choice don't you?
    See my post below.

I has an exam nightmare last night like nit a results day one but one about sitting the exams!!!

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone on here talking about being scared of results day. Yes, it's scary but there's 3 and a bit weeks left so just enjoy them and worry a day or something before. No point getting worked up now, you can't do anything..what's done is done and everything happens for the best. I got crap GCSEs but moved schools and got AAAA last year, so don't fret 😊 as long as everyone tried their best, that's what matters

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyPilot)
    That's dedication for you - hope it works out for you! I still don't think it would have worked for me - too much like hard work lol. I got an A in my psychology A level. What are you planning on doing at uni?
    Ah congrats on your A ; I'm hoping for an A* lol fingers crossed, and I'm planning on doing maths at uni but I might change to psychology if I hate maths at degree level which I worry I will ahh !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous_18)
    Why is everyone on here talking about being scared of results day. Yes, it's scary but there's 3 and a bit weeks left so just enjoy them and worry a day or something before. No point getting worked up now, you can't do anything..what's done is done and everything happens for the best. I got crap GCSEs but moved schools and got AAAA last year, so don't fret 😊 as long as everyone tried their best, that's what matters

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh but everyone really wants to get into uni and the thought of having to change your path and go somewhere else through clearing worries a lot of people ( including myself ) and even if you did get AAAA like yourself last year it doesn't guarantee amazing grades at A2 either cause obviously A2 is quite a bit harder in my onipino anyways

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I kinda see your point... but our futures are literally at stake here. AS may have gone really well for you, but that certainly doesn't guarantee the same results again this year (though hopefully that won't be the case!). The outcome of results day will have a massive impact on our lives - not just the three or so years at university - so it's natural to be stressed about it; there's a lot more at stake than any results day previously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctorwhofan98)
    I kinda see your point... but our futures are literally at stake here. AS may have gone really well for you, but that certainly doesn't guarantee the same results again this year (though hopefully that won't be the case!). The outcome of results day will have a massive impact on our lives - not just the three or so years at university - so it's natural to be stressed about it; there's a lot more at stake than any results day previously.
    Yh like these determine a lot of people's career prospects which will influence the rest of their lives so idk it's pretty damn important

ReputationRep:
    Yh like these determine a lot of people's career prospects which will influence the rest of their lives so idk it's pretty damn important
    naaaaaah

Don't buy into the hype about A level results and university choice determining your career prospects. In 5 years time noone will give a **** what your A level grades where. In 10 years you won't even include them on your CV. In 10 years your degree will be 1 line on your CV...your working life will last 40 years, A levels are of very little importance long term (and even the things they influence short term aren't set in stone).

It can make a short term difference - or mean a change in direction - but your career is a marathon not a sprint, sometimes a diversion onto a different path (due to unexpected results, a chance conversation about an option you had never considered, a speculative application to something that sounds interesting outside your field etc etc) is the best thing that every happens (no matter how scary and upsetting it might feel at the time).

ReputationRep:
    23 days to go; More than enough time to take a moment and not think about how your life hangs in the balance over the next few weeks and have a look at my fantastic short 8 question survey. Escape from the fear of impending failure and tell me your views on the importance of work experience today.

https://goo.gl/forms/C56e579WlxQJQiQA2

Cheers and Good Luck on Results Day, take comfort in the fact that McDonalds are always hiring

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got AAAA last year, which okay puts me in a good position because I now only need mid Bs to make my AAA offer. But I screwed up one of my exams. And okay, I did well on the coursework, but with how badly I think I did on the exam (worth 60% of A2) it's likely not enough. On top of that, the uni (UCL) has it on their website that they didn't accept any near misses in the 2014 cycle or something and its very unlikely I'll get accepted if I miss my offer. Sure, I like my insurance, and I've kind of accepted I'm probably going there (offer is ABB which I'm confident I'll meet, so there's that at least), but it kind of sucks not knowing especially as I'd obviously rather be at UCL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econymous)
    23 days to go; More than enough time to take a moment and not think about how your life hangs in the balance over the next few weeks and have a look at my fantastic short 8 question survey. Escape from the fear of impending failure and tell me your views on the importance of work experience today.

Cheers and Good Luck on Results Day, take comfort in the fact that McDonalds are always hiring
    You are posting in an A-level results day thread, yet 'A-level' is not one of the choices for 'education stage'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marioman)
    You are posting in an A-level results day thread, yet 'A-level' is not one of the choices for 'education stage'?
    I know my apologies - use 'other', for some reason google deleted A Level a while back and now its kinda too late to change

Wish this would hurry up tbh, whatever happens im tired of waiting

ReputationRep:

yh well at least I have a part time job meaning I won't have to resort to mc donalds lol and i did you survey hah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salamandastron)
    Wish this would hurry up tbh, whatever happens im tired of waiting
    yh its driving me mad how it is still over 3 weeks to go and it isn't even august yet :/

ReputationRep:
    Escape from the fear of impending failure
    I really hope it isn't that bad dude but thanks for being so blunt

ReputationRep:
    yh well at least I have a part time job meaning I won't have to resort to mc donalds lol and i did you survey hah
    Cheers mate haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    naaaaaah

Don't buy into the hype about A level results and university choice determining your career prospects. In 5 years time noone will give a **** what your A level grades where. In 10 years you won't even include them on your CV. In 10 years your degree will be 1 line on your CV...your working life will last 40 years, A levels are of very little importance long term (and even the things they influence short term aren't set in stone).

It can make a short term difference - or mean a change in direction - but your career is a marathon not a sprint, sometimes a diversion onto a different path (due to unexpected results, a chance conversation about an option you had never considered, a speculative application to something that sounds interesting outside your field etc etc) is the best thing that every happens (no matter how scary and upsetting it might feel at the time).
    I don't agree with this statement. For example, as a medicine applicant, A level results are so important to me as it'll be so difficult to get into medicine if I don't get in at undergraduate level. So yes, university and A levels are very important towards my career prospects

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    I don't agree with this statement. For example, as a medicine applicant, A level results are so important to me as it'll be so difficult to get into medicine if I don't get in at undergraduate level. So yes, university and A levels are very important towards my career prospects

Posted from TSR Mobile
    exactly I mean and if you retake stuff then your chances of doing medicine become quite slim and its the same for a lot of subjects like if you wanna go to the top top unis then you're gonna be disadvantaged if you retake A-levels

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.