Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.25%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.56%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.19%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Ok guys, am building up a stack of coins now and was wondering what the best thing to spend them on was. I was thinking the bag storage to increase my storage for pokeballs meaning more exp but, need a decent strategy here because i don't know how far you can increase your storage before you hit your limit. =l
    I'm saving up (slowly- I don't have the time to place/take over more than one gym a day so my coins are creeping up slowly) for a bag upgrade and then I think probably either a bunch of lures or incubator after that.

ReputationRep:
    My 100th Pokemon:

Also caught enough candies do evolve Nidorino to Nidoking. 😄*

ReputationRep:
    When trading comes out.....imgiving away my pokemon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GothicShield)
    When trading comes out.....imgiving away my pokemon

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dibs on first pick

ReputationRep:
    What levels do you get you're first 3 lucky eggs at?

What is the maximum speed you can travel at with the Pokemon egg distance still being counted?
    It works occasionally on the bus for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)

What is the maximum speed you can travel at with the Pokemon egg distance still being counted?
    http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/19/122...-level-rewards

Level 9, level 10 and level 15.

Hatched a Bulbasaur today with CP 517 Will be evolving it sometime next week so hoping it should be a decent level Ivysaur too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)

I believe it is about 20 miles an hour.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    I'm saving up (slowly- I don't have the time to place/take over more than one gym a day so my coins are creeping up slowly) for a bag upgrade and then I think probably either a bunch of lures or incubator after that.
    No the No1 thing is Lucky Eggs. (If you want to level up at least). Save a bunch of evolves / egg hatches then throw a lucky egg on, if you hatch 9 eggs in a row that's 9000xp plus 1000xp for each evolve (imagine having like 5 rattatas )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahmzo)
    No the No1 thing is Lucky Eggs. (If you want to level up at least). Save a bunch of evolves / egg hatches then throw a lucky egg on, if you hatch 9 eggs in a row that's 9000xp plus 1000xp for each evolve (imagine having like 5 rattatas )
    I've got 2 lucky eggs sat in my bag. No pressing need to buy more - but a larger bag or an incubator or lures would be useful to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    I've got 2 lucky eggs sat in my bag. No pressing need to buy more - but a larger bag or an incubator or lures would be useful to me.
    Wait until you get to 20+, you'll need as many lucky eggs as you can get. Because of how long the evolutions take, you can only really get around 40/50 evolutions per hour, so about 50k. If it takes 150k/200k per level (as it does at 24/25) then you'll need multiple lucky eggs per level.

I tend to spend nearly all of my coins on incubators though, personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtjl)
    Wait until you get to 20+, you'll need as many lucky eggs as you can get. Because of how long the evolutions take, you can only really get around 40/50 evolutions per hour, so about 50k. If it takes 150k/200k per level (as it does at 24/25) then you'll need multiple lucky eggs per level.

I tend to spend nearly all of my coins on incubators though, personally.
    I'm level 21

I prefer getting xp for taking over gyms tbh. The lucky egg evolve thing is ok but I'm not overly fussed about racing to the highest level. I'd rather find more pokemon and have a bigger bag to keep supplies in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    I'm level 21
    Eh, still only 75k per level so you can do nearly the entire level with a single lucky egg. Personally wouldn't bother with a bag upgrade, don't really see the need for it.

ReputationRep:
    Just got a vulpix and 21 candies from a 5k egg. =D

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I live right by a gym and this tiny bit of space between the white line and the pole of the gym means that the gym is considered too far away... Name:  1471199574781.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  13.4 KB

And most of the time even if the GPS makes me wander around a bit, it goes to the other side or stops just right there.

ReputationRep:
    I don't normally advocate this sort of thing but it's pretty cool. Download Bluestacks, it allows you to play the game on your PC!

It comes with a built in Fake GPS app as well (since it can't detect location) so you can pretty much hang out anywhere and catch any Pokemon you want. I recommend not jumping too far as it can get you banned (i.e. London to New York) but just anywhere within the city should be fine!

Here i am in New York. I caught Exeggecute(sp?), Tauros and Dodrio (the one in the screenshot) by this method. Never see these kinds of Pokemon in London lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Guys, am I the only one who's experienced a sharp decrease in the number of drowzees around?
    Haven't caught one in around 4-5 days...
    Come to Newcastle, they're everywhere. According to some tracker page it's the second most common Pokemon in the city after Pidgey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I don't normally advocate this sort of thing but it's pretty cool. Download Bluestacks, it allows you to play the game on your PC!

It comes with a built in Fake GPS app as well (since it can't detect location) so you can pretty much hang out anywhere and catch any Pokemon you want. I recommend not jumping too far as it can get you banned (i.e. London to New York) but just anywhere within the city should be fine!

Here i am in New York. I caught Exeggecute(sp?), Tauros and Dodrio (the one in the screenshot) by this method. Never see these kinds of Pokemon in London lol

Niantic are banning accounts they think are cheating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Niantic are banning accounts they think are cheating
    I've only heard of soft bans so far. I did it just for a bit of fun tbh, it gets boring when you're doing it from home lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just found this in my local(ish) area. =D

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1471259181.904157.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  72.5 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Finally hatched something other than Mr. Mime in my 10km eggs :lol: would have to be a scary one though

Name:  1471260300163.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  42.4 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.