Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    This is an absolute joke and disgrace for England not making a major final. It was bad enough after the World Cup, but not even qualifying for the European Finals is a complete embarrassement.

We can't simply just blame Carson, yes it was his error that started it, the defence did not help, how the hell is Lescott internation class. Then again who else we got, there is something seriously wrong here.

McClaren should do the honorable thing and resign now, having said that it looks like The FA will keep him, yes it ain't all his fault, the players didn't perform.

Mind you most of them are overpaid and overrated drama queens anyway, maybe failing to qualify will wake them up, afterall this is supposed to be the most promising England team in ages *cough cough*

We were second best everywhere tonight, now I've just had a text off my mate saying there's a huge ruck in the local pub, great night eh?

The FA are sure to lose millions over this.

ReputationRep:
    Whole team was crap. :-)

Becks & Cole were the only 2 worthy of a "good game" comment... and becks only played 45.

Carson played well considering he's never actually played international before, I really like him as a keeper, I just think its very stupid to play him in such an important match. I think he has tonnes of potential and he's a great goalie, but putting him right in the middle of a fight and expecting him to perform is stupid.

It's quite obvious, McClaren hasn't learnt anything from the World Cup. There are a few rules you have to keep to with England... complacency, simplicity and not playing lamps and stevie g ****ing together. Seriously, play the G-ster on the right, he'll do the job nicely. =]

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

Traitors! :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)

And the economy. I read that they lose out on a Billion haha. Nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    This is an absolute joke and disgrace for England not making a major final. It was bad enough after the World Cup, but not even qualifying for the European Finals is a complete embarrassement.

We can't simply just blame Carson, yes it was his error that started it, the defence did not help, how the hell is Lescott internation class. Then again who else we got, there is something seriously wrong here.

McClaren should do the honorable thing and resign now, having said that it looks like The FA will keep him, yes it ain't all his fault, the players didn't perform.

Mind you most of them are overpaid and overrated drama queens anyway, maybe failing to qualify will wake them up, afterall this is supposed to be the most promising England team in ages *cough cough*

We were second best everywhere tonight, now I've just had a text off my mate saying there's a huge ruck in the local pub, great night eh?

dude, there's been this 'this is the most promising England team for ages' aspect for quite some years now. It's tiring, it's tedious and crap. All promise, no evidence of it.

ReputationRep:
    i just found the whole selection he made for not just this game but the others really shocking.

Forcing Carra to retire by not playing him in the correct position, never getting anything out of Lampard! I think Bridge was real bad today Shorey would have been better and are you honestly telling me that Lescott is the 4th best centre half in English football? What about Brown, Woodgate, Taylor i mean come on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Why were Croatia so up-for-it?

I think Abromavich had promised them a very happy xmas if the result favoured the Russian cause Money talks, guys
    Their manager is a winner. He knew they could eliminate a potential competitor at Euro 2008 and get an easier group. He knew England were there for the taking.

On a side note, Modric looks a great little player. I hope Juande Ramos was watching...

ReputationRep:
    Well the U21 are shoing promise and there they have the right man for the job Pearce is pure english passion and showed it in every second on the pitch as a player and now as a manager!

ReputationRep:
    Lescott did nothing at all wrong tonight.

ReputationRep:
    who initially posted that picture of that Croatian woman/model.

Good god, i can't help myself, refrain from looking at her.

I'm officially in love

thanks jesus for creating this fine babe. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    croatis have loads of good players technically they were brilliant and they have something England dont Guile and promise!

ReputationRep:
    £10 reward to who brings mcclown to me dead or alive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azza)
    Lescott did nothing at all wrong tonight.
    The 2nd goal he should have cleared it with his head 1st time! :rolleyes:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by loadmalz)
    And the economy. I read that they lose out on a Billion haha. Nice.
    Yes all the shops won't be selling all the merchandise, no one will be going to the pubs as much as normal, loads of places will lose out because of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    Their manager is a winner. He knew they could eliminate a potential competitor at Euro 2008 and get an easier group. He knew England were there for the taking.

On a side note, Modric looks a great little player. I hope Juande Ramos was watching...
    what did Billic win at club-level? Just curious.

All i remember is that he was a dirty sod, at times, during his playing career. In that he enjoyed picking up red and yellow cards, but trophies and titles? :confused:

He's certainly proving himself as a manager, certainly, yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klinsmannic)
    Superb, I was thinking he might be good at Arsenal if only we had the room

ReputationRep:
    agree with loadmalz on carson he did alright after 15mins.
    so whos going to win it now? cause obviously we were going to win it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManUtdFanDean)
    £10 reward to who brings mcclown to me dead or alive
    I'd do it for nothing.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    dude, there's been this 'this is the most promising England team for ages' aspect for quite some years now. It's tiring, it's tedious and crap. All promise, no evidence of it.
    True, we do hear every year this is the best England team together yet everytime they screw up.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder why Scott Carsons wikipedia has had editing disabled?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Carson

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.