:^_^:
That just made my day. Adorable :hugs:
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
Sister-in-law is still in hospital but is on the mend (she had to have a caesarean, bless her heart). Just spoke to my brother; he's smitten (who can blame him?!) . Going to see them sometime this week!

He weighs 8 pounds something.
Aww bless her! After all those hours in labour as well! But hey, Joel's here now and that's all that matters Yay!!!! Congratulations to all your family! x
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
Thank you guys .
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: more hugs for the new Auntie!! :hugs:
Laus
Report 10 years ago
Thankies :hugs: awww, I'm touched at how excited and happy you guys are for me and my fam :^_^:. You've been the best bunch of friends! xxx
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Of course we're excited for you! In a way, it signifies a new phase of your life, because now you can spend time with your nephew, buy him presents at Christmas and Birthdays, cuddle and laugh with him and teach him about the world. You have a brand new person you can watch grow up and that's really exciting! :hugs:
Laus
Report 10 years ago
Aww, I hadn't really thought about him like that :^_^:. I suppose it gives me someone precious to live for and to cherish. I felt guilty earlier for feeling down (because I should be happy) but you guys have made me feel a bit better so thank you :hugs:. You can all be a part of his life as well! Feel free to contribute towards Christmas and birthdays :p:.

I may be going out on Thursday :O. Scared but it will be good, I hope.

Have two app's this week to see psychiatrist (thurs) and two other people - nurse and psychologist - (tomorrow). Should be interesting.

I did something disappointing last night and I'm not sure whether to bring it up tomorrow.
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
Aww, I hadn't really thought about him like that :^_^:. I suppose it gives me someone precious to live for and to cherish. I felt guilty earlier for feeling down (because I should be happy) but you guys have made me feel a bit better so thank you :hugs:. You can all be a part of his life as well! Feel free to contribute towards Christmas and birthdays :p:.

I may be going out on Thursday :O. Scared but it will be good, I hope.

Have to app's this week to see psychiatrist (thurs) and two other people - nurse and psychologist - (tomorrow). Should be interesting.

I did something disappointing last night and I'm not sure whether to bring it up tomorrow.
What did you do sweetie? Or do you not want to talk about it? :console:
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
aw Laus he's sooooo cute >< I actually said "aw" out loud when I saw.

(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
I can't believe I've done so much today on such little sleep! I managed to wash up at my friend's, come home, go swimming, come home, wash up, cook dinner, lay the table (al fresco which meant finding the garden chairs and carrying them from the summer house to the patio) and wash up again. Ok, so it doesn't sound like that much, but to me it is

I'm setting myself a challenge. My room MUST be immaculate before I'm allowed to see the boy this week and go to his leaving do. I know it's the kind of thing Mum would say to me to do if I'd done something wrong, so I'm going to make it immaculate so she can't use it as a punishment and not let me go out!
Wow well done PS, you've done loads today. Keeping busy is definitely good.
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
feel down now
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: wanna talk?
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
With people you talk to a lot on TSR (particularly you lot on the dep soc, since I talk to you guys the most) do you ever end up getting a vague idea in your head of what you think they look like, based on their personality or whatever? Sorry, random question, but I do that all the time And I was curious to see if I was the only one.
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by upturnedpalms)
With people you talk to a lot on TSR (particularly you lot on the dep soc, since I talk to you guys the most) do you ever end up getting a vague idea in your head of what you think they look like, based on their personality or whatever? Sorry, random question, but I do that all the time And I was curious to see if I was the only one.
Yeah all the time. It amazes me there are girls on the internet :p: for some reason I see everyone as default guys, the little pink icon is much appreciated. When I do see pictures of TSR people it generally really surprises me how normal they look.
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
Yeah all the time. It amazes me there are girls on the internet :p: for some reason I see everyone as default guys, the little pink icon is much appreciated. When I do see pictures of TSR people it generally really surprises me how normal they look.
What, because you thought they were all half human-half amphibian or something?! :p:

And yes, some of us are girls. Actually, I think the ratio of girls to boys on TSR is about even.
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: wanna talk?
oh it's nothing really. I don't know if people remember, but 2 months ago I had a skin tag removed from under my arm? Well just this morning I was saying to my Mum that the scar hasn't healed over and that it was beginning to get me down. Don't get me wrong, it was better than having a skin tag there, but if I was dancing or had to reach up whilst wearing a strappy top, I always tried to make sure it was the other arm so no one ever saw the skin tag/scar. Tonight, in the shower, I noticed that I now have 2 new ones under my other arm :bawling: It's really got me down. I have to be so careful because of cancer risks and everything. The doctor said there was a 1/3 chance of the other one being cancerous (thankfully it wasn't) but now there are 2 more, that means that the risk is back again

I might go to the doctors and throw 3 things at them at once, this being one of them. I'm just so upset and my whole body image and self-esteem are really getting me down lately.

Wish Mum was in a more receptive mood. I'm going to go and tell her about these skin tags (not the other things I want to see a doctor about...too embarassing) and see what she says. :bawling:
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
oh it's nothing really. I don't know if people remember, but 2 months ago I had a skin tag removed from under my arm? Well just this morning I was saying to my Mum that the scar hasn't healed over and that it was beginning to get me down. Don't get me wrong, it was better than having a skin tag there, but if I was dancing or had to reach up whilst wearing a strappy top, I always tried to make sure it was the other arm so no one ever saw the skin tag/scar. Tonight, in the shower, I noticed that I now have 2 new ones under my other arm :bawling: It's really got me down. I have to be so careful because of cancer risks and everything. The doctor said there was a 1/3 chance of the other one being cancerous (thankfully it wasn't) but now there are 2 more, that means that the risk is back again

I might go to the doctors and throw 3 things at them at once, this being one of them. I'm just so upset and my whole body image and self-esteem are really getting me down lately.

Wish Mum was in a more receptive mood. I'm going to go and tell her about these skin tags (not the other things I want to see a doctor about...too embarassing) and see what she says. :bawling:
That's not nothing, it's completely understandable that you're upset. :hugs: I'm sorry to hear they're back. Do the doctors know what causes them? I'm sure your mum will be receptive once she hears what's upsetting you.

Have you tried putting cocoa butter or bio oil on the other scar? Apparently they can help make them much less noticeable. Or you can tell your doctor and they can prescribe you dermatix (I think it was called that) which also helps.

Good luck at the doctors :hugs:
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by upturnedpalms)
What, because you thought they were all half human-half amphibian or something?! :p:

And yes, some of us are girls. Actually, I think the ratio of girls to boys on TSR is about even.
Half human, half nerd and everyone knows female nerds don't exist. :p:
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
That's not nothing, it's completely understandable that you're upset. :hugs: I'm sorry to hear they're back. Do the doctors know what causes them? I'm sure your mum will be receptive once she hears what's upsetting you.

Have you tried putting cocoa butter or bio oil on the other scar? Apparently they can help make them much less noticeable. Or you can tell your doctor and they can prescribe you dermatix (I think it was called that) which also helps.

Good luck at the doctors :hugs:
:bawling: she just made me feel bad. She said 'oh it's nothing, stop complaining. I've got loads and mine hurt and I don't complain.' I've told her before to go to the doctors about them but she won't. Now I feel like I can't complain about mine because hers are worse than mine. She's completely put me off going to the doctors now :bawling:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (179)
39.43%
No - but I will (25)
5.51%
No - I don't want to (32)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (218)
48.02%

Watched Threads