Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clementinek)
    Do you mean what for? :p: Biomedical Science at Reading, Lincoln and Kent. I got an offer from Lincoln but don't want to go and Reading rejected me I'm so desperate to hear from Kent though.

I also applied for RHUL and Durham but I withdrew because I wasn't sure if I really wanted to do a foundation year. I'm appealing over RHUL as they emailed me an offer literally hours after I withdrew because I'm a dipstick.

How about you?
    Hah, I accidentally wrote "where" twice xD lol I meant to say - "when"

Don't give up hope! ^^

Oh well, and what about me? You can see it on my sig. I'm worried as hell cause Im pretty sure Warwick will reject me anyway

ReputationRep:
    I've had two replies this week so however unlikely it may be, don't completely rule out not getting a replies tomorrow. I for one am really crossing my fingers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterflyleg)
    Hah, I accidentally wrote "where" twice xD lol I meant to say - "when"

Don't give up hope! ^^

Oh well, and what about me? You can see it on my sig. I'm worried as hell cause Im pretty sure Warwick will reject me anyway
    Aww don't be so sure they will reject you, you may get a lovely suprise! I wish you all the luck either way

P.S, I applied three weeks ago. PPS. who IS that guy in your sig?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clementinek)
    Aww don't be so sure they will reject you, you may get a lovely suprise! I wish you all the luck either way

P.S, I applied three weeks ago. PPS. who IS that guy in your sig?
    I hope so... :yep:
    And good luck you too!

Ohhh, and it's David Gilmour, my loveeee ^^ :blush:

ReputationRep:
    I've had two this week.

I think I got one on the 20th December last year though, and one 2 days later, so the 22nd.

ReputationRep:
    i've had 4 so far. i think some uni's just offer later than others

ReputationRep:
    Do universities give offers during Christmas break?

ReputationRep:
    :itsamystery:

ReputationRep:
    Think you will find it varies university to university. Certainly I know my uni is only shutting down completely over Xmas Day and Boxing Day and then its the normal, out of term reduced hours that are worked. I have no idea about application departments though.

Just have to wait and see if you get an offer.

ReputationRep:
    Urgh! I can't cope with the waiting anymore tbh :eek3:

I applied in early november.. i have been acknowledged by Durham and on tuesday i got a conditional offer from Sheffield :woo:

Is anyone else finding it really hard not to keep checking there email every 2 minutes? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelly_Beannz)

I applied in early november.. i have been acknowledged by Durham and on tuesday i got a conditional offer from Sheffield :woo:

Is anyone else finding it really hard not to keep checking there email every 2 minutes? :eek:
    Definitely I would feel better If I at least had acknowledgements:eek3:
    but My application only got sent off on the 9th December :mad: (even though college received it on the 7th sept).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelly_Beannz)

Emails only update at 12pm and 5pm so there's no point checking your emails every 2 minutes.

And I'm also wondering whether there's a chance of hearing from universities over the next few weeks...does anyone know if Warwick are giving out offers over the holidays?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milliondollarcorpse)
    Emails only update at 12pm and 5pm so there's no point checking your emails every 2 minutes.

And I'm also wondering whether there's a chance of hearing from universities over the next few weeks...does anyone know if Warwick are giving out offers over the holidays?
    UCAS is not updated over the holidays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milliondollarcorpse)

warwick sent me an email saying they'd be closed and we won't hear anything until after jan 4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hiddencat12)
    Definitely I would feel better If I at least had acknowledgements:eek3:
    but My application only got sent off on the 9th December :mad: (even though college received it on the 7th sept).
    Yeah, I would feel better too.... still nothing from Sheffield and Cardiff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bemusedcapybara)
    warwick sent me an email saying they'd be closed and we won't hear anything until after jan 4.
    Really? they sent me acknowledged yesterday :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bemusedcapybara)
    Noo

Did they say which day they're closed from? (are they open today?)

ReputationRep:
    I think most Uni's shut today and go back around the 6th. Or maybe its just all my friends who seam to be doing that. I really need to revise but am stuck at home becuase of snow.
    Has anyone else got snow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hiddencat12)
    I think most Uni's shut today and go back around the 6th. Or maybe its just all my friends who seam to be doing that. I really need to revise but am stuck at home becuase of snow.
    Has anyone else got snow?
    We have but it really really light and not settling

If I don't hear anything today I am going to give up until after xmas. Probably. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from Leicester, even with the snow :O...

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.