Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisys17)
    Hi, just been offered digby hall, my first choice ahhh, all seemingly becoming much more real the fact that I will be there in such a short period of time!! So was just wondering anyone else in digby hall for next year?
    Yeap me!! .. I'll be staying at Inglewood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oke186)
    Heyyy... ive got catered ensuite at GMs. Just wanted to know what the accommodation is like and how the food is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi! I currently live in catered ensuite in GMS! Where aboutsshs have you been offered? The rooms are much bigger in the older blocks and in most cases double that of a room without the ensuite! Most of the blocks have also started on a refurb, the food is good as long as you are not a fussy eater! There's always a cooked breakfast every morning and dinner has 3 options with one being vegetarian.
    Feel free to ask anymore questions hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma2095)
    Hi! I currently live in catered ensuite in GMS! Where aboutsshs have you been offered? The rooms are much bigger in the older blocks and in most cases double that of a room without the ensuite! Most of the blocks have also started on a refurb, the food is good as long as you are not a fussy eater! There's always a cooked breakfast every morning and dinner has 3 options with one being vegetarian.
    Feel free to ask anymore questions hope this helps!
    I've been allocated to Wistow House, any idea as to what it's like? Is it mixed? Single sex ? How far is the accommodation from the uni ? What's the room like ? What time do they serve dinner ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oke186)
    I've been allocated to Wistow House, any idea as to what it's like? Is it mixed? Single sex ? How far is the accommodation from the uni ? What's the room like ? What time do they serve dinner ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow! I live in Wistow House now! Do you know what room you have been allocated? The rooms are quite large compared to others in GMS, Wistow is all female and is adjoined to an all boys house Withcote next door 26 live in the house 12 on ground and first floor and 2 on second, the accomodation is opposite john foster you'll definitely need a bus pass or a bike allow about half an hour to make it to lectures. As for the room it has a single bed, built in large wardrobe, bedside table, desk, shelves pin board and bathroom as well as a desk chair and a padded chair breakfast on a weekday is from 7-9:30 and 12-1 at weekends, dinner is at 5-7 on a weekday and 5-6:30 on a weekend.
    Any other questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma2095)
    Wow! I live in Wistow House now! Do you know what room you have been allocated? The rooms are quite large compared to others in GMS, Wistow is all female and is adjoined to an all boys house Withcote next door 26 live in the house 12 on ground and first floor and 2 on second, the accomodation is opposite john foster you'll definitely need a bus pass or a bike allow about half an hour to make it to lectures. As for the room it has a single bed, built in large wardrobe, bedside table, desk, shelves pin board and bathroom as well as a desk chair and a padded chair breakfast on a weekday is from 7-9:30 and 12-1 at weekends, dinner is at 5-7 on a weekday and 5-6:30 on a weekend.
    Any other questions
    I'm on the 1st floor, room 20. What about you ? You're the first person I've found that's in the same block as me lol. What course are you studying? What's the social life like ? Is there a kitchen/ common room? I don't know what else to ask lol 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in Wardens Lodge? Also does anyone know how big the rooms are and whether it's same sex or mixed? Thank you! C:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vianka001)
    Hey everyone! I'm going to be studying at Leicester for the first semester starting in September but I will only be there until December as I am a study abroad student from Miami. I have a room in beaumont hall but it's like everything I find online is vague and I'd love to hear more personalized opinions on the hall! Thanks !

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have just finished my year of living in beaumont hall and have loved it!! blocks 1-5 are ensuite and blocks 6,7,8 are shared bathroom, and it's all catered hope this helps! if you have anymore questions, just ask

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys!
    I'm a student, coming all the way from dubai to study Medical Physiology and i have a couple of questions. (:
    I'm really interested in living in Beaumont Halls but i do perefer self catered rooms. Are the self catered rooms sort of excluded from the majority of the people? Also my second choise is the Nixon Court. Some people say that its kinda antisocial... Any helpful comments would be appriciated! Cheers guys! (:

ReputationRep:
    Hey would you happen to know anyything about the rooms in the Beaumont house itself and old court rooms, especially standard twin? Also what are the common areas like in Beaumont house, are there quiet study areas?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, im a Residential Advisor for the university and will be working in the Oadby Student Village from September onwards. I am also studying in the third year of my History degree.

If anyone has any questions about the accommodation just drop me a message.

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting grad med in september and looking to go into halls. What is the most social post grad halls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonathon2309)
    Hey guys, im a Residential Advisor for the university and will be working in the Oadby Student Village from September onwards. I am also studying in the third year of my History degree.

Hi

Do you know if the rooms in John Fosters come with an ironing board and iron or do we need to bring our own?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IBAlex)
    Hi

Do you know if the rooms in John Fosters come with an ironing board and iron or do we need to bring our own?

Thanks
    You will be supplied with an ironing board and an iron. Though I can't say they'll be the best quality.

What block are you in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IBAlex)
    Hi

Thanks
    There should be an ironing board. However this begs the question, why do you need either of those things? You're a student!

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    Please can someone help me, I'm having a bit of a panic and I'd rather just check myself before I go crying to accoms in an email. I've received my offer for American Studies for entry this year and applied for accommodation as soon as possible. I got an email that has 'application submitted' in green on that little chart. On the accoms website, my 'State' is 'Awaiting verification.
    Other than that, I've heard nothing about accommodation since I applied on March 17th, but then on here loads of people on here seem to know exactly where they're living. I am a British student and my offer is conditional. Can someone explain if my application is Ok or if there's been an error?
    Thanks, Ellie.

ReputationRep:

Hi are the flats mixed sex? As when I applied it asked preference and I put mixed sex however I have heard they're all separate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellietaylor96)
    Hi!
    Please can someone help me, I'm having a bit of a panic and I'd rather just check myself before I go crying to accoms in an email. I've received my offer for American Studies for entry this year and applied for accommodation as soon as possible. I got an email that has 'application submitted' in green on that little chart. On the accoms website, my 'State' is 'Awaiting verification.
    Other than that, I've heard nothing about accommodation since I applied on March 17th, but then on here loads of people on here seem to know exactly where they're living. I am a British student and my offer is conditional. Can someone explain if my application is Ok or if there's been an error?
    Thanks, Ellie.
    You won't receive your offer of accommodation until your ucas offer becomes unconditional. Have you got your results yet?

(Original post by courtneygunn)
    Hi are the flats mixed sex? As when I applied it asked preference and I put mixed sex however I have heard they're all separate.
    The vast majority of flats are single sex but there are a few exceptions. It's unlikely you'll be put in a mixed flat.

ReputationRep:
    You won't receive your offer of accommodation until your ucas offer becomes unconditional. Have you got your results yet?
    Noo, not yet. So all the people on this thread so far are unconditional offer holders?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellietaylor96)
    Noo, not yet. So all the people on this thread so far are unconditional offer holders?
    Yes if they have accommodation offers they should also have unconditional offers. So don't start worrying just yet

ReputationRep:
    Yes if they have accommodation offers they should also have unconditional offers. So don't start worrying just yet
    Ok, good. Thanks very much for your help

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.