Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NielsBohrsDad)
    Can you explain please.
    For pressure i wrote the rate of formation of propan 1 ol increases on increasing pressure.

But then after that the question on temperature confused me

To be honest that only made me.doubt my first answer.
    I wrote for the 3 marker- that the rate goes in the direction of the exothermic (only because the question said to me the reaction continues in forward direction being favoured more) so that was my explanation and it does this this to release the wnergy it was.given
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think you're a but confused.
    For increasing pressure, the position of equilibrium moves to the side with fewer gaseous molecules. For increasing temperature, the position of equilibrium moves to the endothermic side.
    When increasing the temperature, the rate of reaction will increase (it has nothing to do with the reaction being eno/exothermic- the YIELD may decrease, but it wasn't asking about that for the 3 marker) because the particles have more kinetic energy so collide more frequently to overcome the activation energy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali_Ludley)
    Thats nasty, our teacher hates the way the books teaches a lot of topics so he taught us other ways which are so much better. I'm coping with FP1 at the moment, just dont like alpha, beta, gamma roots etc much
    I just did a paper an did okay in it The book is okay, I've used examsolutions and mathsnet a lot though! Are you doing Edexcel too? Proof by Induction is horrible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizz-ie)
    I just did a paper an did okay in it The book is okay, I've used examsolutions and mathsnet a lot though! Are you doing Edexcel too? Proof by Induction is horrible
    I did OCR FP1 last year, i wasn't a very good student last year and didn't revise, I failed futher maths (got a C), but i remember hating proof by induction it was the worst.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I'm on OCR, I quite like the proofs, they seem pretty constant, just follow the method and you're done. I don't like some of these consistant singular simultaneous equations though :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali_Ludley)
    Oh I'm on OCR, I quite like the proofs, they seem pretty constant, just follow the method and you're done. I don't like some of these consistant singular simultaneous equations though :/
    What are they?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheNote)
    I did OCR FP1 last year, i wasn't a very good student last year and didn't revise, I failed futher maths (got a C), but i remember hating proof by induction it was the worst.
    It's so boring, and there's so much you have to write

ReputationRep:
    What are they?!
    They are like normal simultaneous equations like these:

3x +6y =6
    6x +12y =12

But they are obviously the same thing so they are 2 lines on each other, therefore the det is 0 and they have unlimited solutions blah blah, remember?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super121)
    I think you're a but confused.
    For increasing pressure, the position of equilibrium moves to the side with fewer gaseous molecules. For increasing temperature, the position of equilibrium moves to the endothermic side.
    When increasing the temperature, the rate of reaction will increase (it has nothing to do with the reaction being eno/exothermic- the YIELD may decrease, but it wasn't asking about that for the 3 marker) because the particles have more kinetic energy so collide more frequently to overcome the activation energy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh ffs.i didnt even realise!! Thats 3 gone
    What about that 1 marker after.that question

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    lol this has turned into a maths discussion

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an unofficial mark scheme ??

ReputationRep:
    Oh ffs.i didnt even realise!! Thats 3 gone
    What about that 1 marker after.that question

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What was the question?

ReputationRep:
    What was the question?
    It was a 1 marker.saying what would happen i.was confused. Thats like 8 marks.gone!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It was a 1 marker.saying what would happen i.was confused. Thats like 8 marks.gone!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think i'm wrong about the 3 marker, because the 1 marker is the rate question (I think). The answer is that the rate will increase. Can you remember what the 3 marker was asking?

ReputationRep:
    I think i'm wrong about the 3 marker, because the 1 marker is the rate question (I think). The answer is that the rate will increase. Can you remember what the 3 marker was asking?
    No no.you are right. It.said.the rate of the forward.reaction increases. Explain why

I treated the whole section with equilibrium! How stupid of me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    2 marks for stating and explaining what would happen to rate when temp increased, another 2 marks for pressure and I think 1 mark for stating what would happen to the yeild if temp went up.

ReputationRep:
    2 marks for stating and explaining what would happen to rate when temp increased, another 2 marks for pressure and I think 1 mark for stating what would happen to the yeild if temp went up.
    What were answrs??

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't there a question where we had to talk about the collision theory as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No no.you are right. It.said.the rate of the forward.reaction increases. Explain why

I treated the whole section with equilibrium! How stupid of me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The temperature and pressure questions were to do with equilibrium

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't there a question where we had to talk about the collision theory as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ohhh yeah, i think that was under rates.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The yield would decrease yeah??

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.