Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    Why the hell do OCR never lower their grade boundaries for economics? They are pretty much always the same. I'm failing this crappy subject again.
    They really don't. 48 for micro in jan and then 49 for macro in june gtfo ocr

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe how high Edexcel Biology grade boundaries are D'=

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by überambitious_ox)
    For me it's German...*sigh*.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    What does the (R) mean, I think it means retake, but that isn't possible, for example Physics Unit 2 Edexcel was done once in 2013 but there are 2 boundaries, 6PH02 Physics At Work (Paper 01)6PH02 Physics At Work (Paper 01R).

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking the exact same thing, normally its so much lower! :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CarysMoo)
    Edexcel English Lit... kill me now. My life is ruined. passive aggressive smiley
    Eurgh I know how you feel! Impossible to please those markers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie_May :))
    Eurgh I know how you feel! Impossible to please those markers.
    I screwed it up - the best I can hope for now is a B over all and I need an A :'(

ReputationRep:
    What is the difference between paper 01 and paper 01R? Does the R signify replacement? I ask regarding the edexcel maths papers (especially C3!). If it did signify replacement then the replacement for C3 has ended up having higher boundaries than the original which doesn't seem right because those that saw both were unanimous in thinking that the original was easier. The difference between the two in raw marks for each grade is about 10 marks?! Anyone know anything more on this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahatma ghandi)
    Has anyone else noticed that AQA have whacked up the Physics ISA grade boundaries this year for the first time in ages, cheeky *******s! And the Unit 1 grade boundaries are stupidly high
    Tbh we all expected the ISA to be an absolute joke. No surprise they increased it.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know when WJEC's boundaries will be out?

ReputationRep:
    Apparently the wjec ones come out after we get our result. Good one, guys. Why are they so useless?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    Tbh we all expected the ISA to be an absolute joke. No surprise they increased it.
    how do you mean?, its been the same for a few years

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand the AQA link, all it is showing is the UMS marks? which is just a percentage? where are the raw mark boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonny1996)
    What is the difference between paper 01 and paper 01R? Does the R signify replacement? I ask regarding the edexcel maths papers (especially C3!). If it did signify replacement then the replacement for C3 has ended up having higher boundaries than the original which doesn't seem right because those that saw both were unanimous in thinking that the original was easier. The difference between the two in raw marks for each grade is about 10 marks?! Anyone know anything more on this?
    It means international students as they sat a different paper in a different time zone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CarysMoo)
    I screwed it up - the best I can hope for now is a B over all and I need an A :'(
    But they could still accept you. I can't get an A either so I am hoping for the B.

ReputationRep:
    Good thing Edexcel set the C3 grade boundaries quite low, given the disaster of a paper they gave us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zachariou1)
    What does the (R) mean, I think it means retake, but that isn't possible, for example Physics Unit 2 Edexcel was done once in 2013 but there are 2 boundaries, 6PH02 Physics At Work (Paper 01)6PH02 Physics At Work (Paper 01R).
    They do international papers for those in other timezones; I'm not 100% but it might stand for 'Regional' or something and correspond to the international papers.

ReputationRep:
    Aaa doesn't seem to be showing raw mark boundaries...anyone help me out what are the A boundaries (raw marks) for biology unit 1 and 2, French unit 1 and 2 and drama/theatre studies?..AS btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahatma ghandi)
    how do you mean?, its been the same for a few years

You just said they increased it. Unless I'm missing something then you're contradicting yourself.

But they have increased it, normally it's been at 43 for an A but it's 44. Not much, but 1 mark can make all the difference, especially in an ISA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    You just said they increased it. Unless I'm missing something then you're contradicting yourself.

But they have increased it, normally it's been at 43 for an A but it's 44. Not much, but 1 mark can make all the difference, especially in an ISA.
    Yeah I know, My point is that it's annoying they chose to increase it this year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.