Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

The Describe The Person Above You Generation X watch

• View Poll Results: [MULTIPLE VOTES ALLOWED!!] Who would you like to meet face to face?
    This Honest
    41.67%
    The Epicurean
    20.83%
    Ranbow99
    25.00%
    L'Evil Fish
    37.50%
    Olympiad
    29.17%
    Malevolent
    37.50%
    Boumavilla
    12.50%
    ZRO
    29.17%
    Stevo F
    20.83%
    The Mad Dog
    12.50%
    Simran Mars Foster
    12.50%
    Beeninetytwo
    25.00%
    ipoop
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    The only one :awesome: Goooaaaal!! Roberto Carrrlos! :awesome: music to my ears :daydreamimg:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mmm good times. I dunno why im not so upset about this Barcelona result...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Maybe because football isn't all that after all :holmes: or, Barça were truly thrashed so really it's nothing to get upset over... It's not like they played well either... :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    Maybe because football isn't all that after all :holmes: or, Barça were truly thrashed so really it's nothing to get upset over... It's not like they played well either... :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It could be the fact I'm drifting away from Soccer more and more or that i saw it coming miles away with our defensive situation.

ReputationRep:
    ^knows the correct term is soccer

Hey guys, been so busy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It could be the fact I'm drifting away from Soccer more and more or that i saw it coming miles away with our defensive situation.
    I'm in the same tbh... right now I watch the games because I want to see what will happen.. the passion is not as strong as it was before... Any other sport and I might have lost interest all together by now
    (Original post by ZRO)

Hey guys, been so busy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's football :pierre: As in you kick it - the ball - with your foot

ReputationRep:
    Posts in chat now count :holmes: Spamming is now cereal buzinesz :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    ^^Sigh I can't even argue with that logic haha!
    Oh are they going to fix the post counts?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    I'm in the same tbh... right now I watch the games because I want to see what will happen.. the passion is not as strong as it was before... Any other sport and I might have lost interest all together by now

Meh i dunno i just find it tough going to Barcelona games now and i don't exactly want to spend money when im not keen on forking out that much. I have my NFL and NBA and college sport to keep me happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZRO)

Hey guys, been so busy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Soccer yes!!!

ReputationRep:
    ^ refers to association football as 'soccer'

ReputationRep:
    ^doesn't change his avvy because if he does, it won't be big anymore :sly:

ReputationRep:
    Recently my mindset has changed regarding football. I don't get awfully upset if we lose or go out of a cup because this is football. You get good times and not so good times.
    Not gonna lie, if Chelsea don't come in the top 4 this season , it will hurt

ReputationRep:
    ^ is going to lose control of this thread soon

(Original post by This Honest)
    Recently my mindset has changed regarding football. I don't get awfully upset if we lose or go out of a cup because this is football. You get good times and not so good times.
    I don't either now. We had a wonderful run from 2009-11. Every dynasty has got to end somewhere or start to slow. At least I have my Miami Heat to make me happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    prsom :toofunny:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by boumavilla)
    Ikr!

I remember when I first got it, and he was with Ron in the Burrow, and he spoke for like the first time ever... :zomg:

The picture below shows the best game ever on Harry Potter!
    Nostalgia much...

http://www.twwn.net/Gaming%20Pictures/ps1-2picture.jpg
    Too bad there was never a third ps1 title - and the developers are now defunct.
    At least we have the memories :moon:

ReputationRep:
    ^ thinks memories are like onions because they have layers and make you cry

ReputationRep:
    fun fact of the day: every time you remember something the memory becomes distorted and less accurate to the actual event, so a memory you havent thought about much is likely to be more accurate than one you think about all the time :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by This Honest)
    ^ is going to lose control of this thread soon

I don't either now. We had a wonderful run from 2009-11. Every dynasty has got to end somewhere or start to slow. At least I have my Miami Heat to make me happy
    You two should be able to answer this...

Why, do fans of sports teams always say "We won" or "we lost" why they "we"? I understand the passion and the fact that we pay their wages but in truth, we aren't part if the team :holmes: we have a stake but we aren't really effective on the pitch :holmes: I've always struggled saying "we won" and actually mean it :beard:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    You two should be able to answer this...

Why, do fans of sports teams always say "We won" or "we lost" why they "we"? I understand the passion and the fact that we pay their wages but in truth, we aren't part if the team :holmes: we have a stake but we aren't really effective on the pitch :holmes: I've always struggled saying "we won" and actually mean it :beard:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I dunno just to feel close to the club or team haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For example tennis; I go to watch the GOAT play and I cheer him on, as does all his fans. When he wins, no one proclaims it to be their win... No matter how hard they've cheered, they don't claim to have helped him win in any way :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.