Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jollygood)
    Ohh so this shows that the 1310 cut-off story was right. Now I can breathe considering that I am above that cut-off !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    how do you work out your combined score?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Rejected

ReputationRep:
    Just got rejected. Graduate 685 ukcat. PhD and two masters. I even got a conditional offer last year but then screwed up a chemistry exam whilst trying to do a PhD. So heart breaking!

ReputationRep:
    There comes another rejection batch... I got rejected right now with my poor score of 2670. I am a graduate applicant so UCAS tariff is not taken into account in my case. Good luck anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unnati212)
    Rejected
    Are you a graduate?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone even got an interview from Barts yet or are they just handing out rejections?

ReputationRep:
    Rejections it seems.

ReputationRep:
    WTH... why cant they just send out all the ****ing rejections at a stretch?????¬!?

ReputationRep:
    I think they're sending out graduate rejections atm :s

So do you guys think that it's all random, the order in which they're sending out the rejections?

Mainly because a lot of the people already rejected have much much better stats than me....

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Anxious Owl)
      So do you guys think that it's all random, the order in which they're sending out the rejections?

Mainly because a lot of the people already rejected have much much better stats than me....
      what are yours stats? So can try to fit it in my prediction of the calculation that they use?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Umez123)
      Hey guys,
      This is the email they sent me when i asked them why i was rejected

"I appreciate that you are disappointed for not being shortlisted for interview. You will be aware that competition for places on the MB BS programme in Medicine is intense and the quality of the applicant pool extremely high.

In order to select an appropriate number of candidates for interview on our main scheme. Those who achieve the most competitive UKCAT and UCAS tariff scores are considered for interview. The cut-off for the combined UKCAT and UCAS tariff score is determined each year by the performance of candidates and the number of applicants we would like to invite to interview. This year we have considered for interview those applicants for A100 who have achieved UKCAT scores of 3520-2400 and Tariff scores of 1080-465. When combined using our algorithm, which gives each candidate a score based on their position in the rank in both domains which are equally weighted.

For example some mid-range scores this year were 600 tariff and 2900 UKCAT and 736 tariff and 2520 UKCAT. At either end of the scoring domains were scores of 770 tariff and 3520 UKCAT and 465 tariff and 3280 UKCAT

Unfortunately your combined UKCAT/UCAS tariff score did not meet the cut-off and we were unable to consider you for interview.

I am sorry to disappoint you. However, you could consider re-applying to Bart’s and The London next year after re-taking and obtaining an improved UKCAT score and or improving your UCAS tariff. There is no pre-determined cut-off at which candidates will be considered for interview. However obviously the higher you score the more likely you are to be considered for interview and candidates with scores well below average are unlikely to be considered for interview."

Why did I get rejected with 710 and 2,840?! I might get my Head of Sixth to ring up as they were not helpful with me at all. Ugh, I don't know what to do.

ReputationRep:
      stephen do you mind going through how you calculated your 710 ucas tariff?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Pedro H)
      I think what the poster meant was that 50:50 (ucas:ukcat) can be interpreted in different ways so the criteria need to be clear.

Personally, I have never really understood 50:50 weighting. Ukcat carries more points (out of 900) so would it not naturally carry more weight?
      Okay thanks and I have no clue about the 50:50 scaling thingy. I just hope i get some sort of response soon, the wait is killing me

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by hello10902)
      stephen do you mind going through how you calculated your 710 ucas tariff?
      I've posted this before, but sure:

The breakdown of my tariff should be as following:
      A*AA prediction = 380
      A Physics AS= 60
      A* EPQ prediction = 70
      OCR Level 3 National Certificate in Business Distinction = 120
      Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma Merit = 80

I was assured that the last two would be counted by Barts before applying. Someone else was contacted and asked to send over the certificates for them so that they could be awarded, but I wasn't. (Just wanted to try and nip any confusion in the bud:P)

(Original post by nhta112)
        what are yours stats? So can try to fit it in my prediction of the calculation that they use?
        God I feel so stupid for this:

UKCAT = 747.5 average
        Tariff = 430

I didn't understand the tariff criteria and when I emailed asking for clarification the reply didn't make any sense. My teachers didn't know very much about QM either so I applied and thought 'eh, let's give it a shot' lol.
        I've accepted the rejection now, so when it comes it won't be a shock :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Samodude11)
        This doesn't explain how they work out the graduates. Does anyone have any ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
        Graduates are simply ranked by UKCAT score, providing they meet the min requirements of 2.1 in one of Barts' accepted degrees or degree and A-level combos.

Sorry to hear about the latest rejections guys.

ReputationRep:
        my ukcat is 737.5 and my ucas tariff is 570, isit likely I will get rejected? please be honest thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by nana96)
        my ukcat is 737.5 and my ucas tariff is 570, isit likely I will get rejected? please be honest thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
        Tbh, i don't think anyone knows :s

ReputationRep:
        Everybody who is asking will they be rejected none of us know! We aren't the admissions tutors so you are in the same position we are and no matter how many times people ask no one knows. Just have to wait unfortunately

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.