Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Why does Nadal always get a difficult draw?

ReputationRep:
    Nadal takes the second! Gasquet just dismantled Ducky, 6-0 6-1 in the fourth and fifth set!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Oh wow, Federer is sublime today.
    He was a pure pleasure to watch today, although I found his dip in form midway through the third set quite strange. Hope them type of dips don't happen against the better opponents

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashnard)
    He was a pure pleasure to watch today, although I found his dip in form midway through the third set quite strange. Hope them type of dips don't happen against the better opponents
    Yeah, I thought this during the second last game where he had a good few match points at deuce. We're just nitpicking, really :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyJ)
    Yeah, I thought this during the second last game where he had a good few match points at deuce. We're just nitpicking, really :lol:
    Yeah, against an opponent like Lorenzi it doesn't really matter at all, but if it happens against somebody in the top 10 it could end up losing him the match because once the momentum shifts it can be hard to reclaim.

ReputationRep:
    anyone going to wimbledon tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    Nadal's fist pumps are absolutely grotesque. Looking forward to the day when I won't have to see them ever again.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, against an opponent like Lorenzi it doesn't really matter at all, but if it happens against somebody in the top 10 it could end up losing him the match because once the momentum shifts it can be hard to reclaim.
    He lost the urgency and tried to be fancy. I don't think he'd do that in a match where he was threatened.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, Klizan you mug.

ReputationRep:
    How slow are Wimbledon courts this season? Expect Nadal to go all the way.

Klizan is such a mug. Could have beat Nadal but kept slipping like a moron. I wanted to slap him so bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    How slow are Wimbledon courts this season? Expect Nadal to go all the way.

Klizan is such a mug. Could have beat Nadal but kept slipping like a moron. I wanted to slap him so bad.
    If Klizan had anything between the ears he could have at least taken him to five. I agree with you that Nadal will probably go deep now and am expecting him to come through Rosol in at most four sets. Note also that Nadal's potential third round opponent Karlovic lost today in straight sets, so that's another obstacle removed.

ReputationRep:
    Good match for Nadal to get used to grass again. Should be a very interesting match with Rosol!

ReputationRep:
    If Klizan had anything between the ears he could have at least taken him to five. I agree with you that Nadal will probably go deep now and am expecting him to come through Rosol in at most four sets. Note also that Nadal's potential third round opponent Karlovic lost today in straight sets, so that's another obstacle removed.
    Nadal will probably make it comfortably to the Qfs where he will play Raonic or Nishikori. He could lose to either.

ReputationRep:
    Nadal vs Rosol...could get interesting

ReputationRep:
    Nadal gets a win on the board. Rosol up next...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nadal will get Rosol'ed again in the 2nd round. His grass game is not too convincing atm, he struggles with the powerful flat shots.

ReputationRep:
    Rosol is way too inconsistent - he'll have to reproduce his 2012 magic if he is to win

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dimitrov was put on Court 1 against world number 150 and Centre Court against the world number 236.
    Jeez yes he's had a good 2014 and won Queens but this is just not right and I actually like the guy. He hasn't done anything to deserve this yet, put the likes of Tsonga and Berdych on the show courts fair enough but Dimitrov twice in a row?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    Dimitrov was put on Court 1 against world number 150 and Centre Court against the world number 236.
    Jeez yes he's had a good 2014 and won Queens but this is just not right and I actually like the guy. He hasn't done anything to deserve this yet, put the likes of Tsonga and Berdych on the show courts fair enough but Dimitrov twice in a row?
    Maybe people like the way he plays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackclarke1995)
    That could work, but only really if Murray isn't first on. I don't know how the scheduling system works so don't know whether he would play first, second or third.
    Yeah that's right - resale on a Murray match day is almost impossible. I expect he'll probably be after the first match when he plays tomorrow. I'm not going to see Murray so I should be fine on the even days. I'm going Thursday and Friday so I should hopefully see Rafa play Rosol in the second round.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.