Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    I'll get back to you when (read: IF) we win it.
    Yep definitely a big if I have a very strong feeling that you'd change your mind, United winning the CL is without a doubt my best football memory :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Yep definitely a big if I have a very strong feeling that you'd change your mind, United winning the CL is without a doubt my best football memory :moon:
    I was pretty devastated when we lost the final tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I was pretty devastated when we lost the final tbh.
    I was in 09, but not 11 as I didn't for a second think we had a chance :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    I swear it's a lose lose situation, finish outside top 4 media will blast finish top 4 and the media will still blast us.
    It's nothing to do with top 4 or the league it's arsenal, they hate us and always have done.

ReputationRep:
    Can you not read ffs. In general, they get it right.
    You said they made one mistake - that's two already.

Here's a third: Everton finishing above Spurs.

A fourth: Southampton finishing above Newcastle.

And a fifth: Crystal Palace were supposed to be relegated by now.

Are you beginning to realise how ridiculous your claims about Man Utd finishing above Arsenal are now? But, I suppose, if you rely on the bookies to give you an education and insight into football, you're bound to make these ridiculous claims and back them up with their odds.

Your club is the new Liverpool.

:toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    There's a natural element of bias here, but genuinely wouldn't rate winning the CL above the invincibles.
    This isn't a WUM post, but I wouldn't swap our 2005 CL for the Invincibles triumph.

Not in a million years.

And if you asked me: 'next season, would you rather have an unbeaten 90 point league winning season or a CL trophy?', I'd say the CL trophy without a doubt.

Personally I've always rated Chelsea's 95 points above the Invincibles, but that's just because I used to be a Mourinho fanboy.

Obviously the unbeaten season was an amazing achievement but I personally wouldn't rank it over a CL win. Chelsea fans and United fans would probably agree with me, and that too, genuinely - not in a way to belittle Arsenal's achievement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    You said they made one mistake - that's two already.

Here's a third: Everton finishing above Spurs.

A fourth: Southampton finishing above Newcastle.

And a fifth: Crystal Palace were supposed to be relegated by now.

Are you beginning to realise how ridiculous your claims about Man Utd finishing above Arsenal are now? But, I suppose, if you rely on the bookies to give you an education and insight into football, you're bound to make these ridiculous claims and back them up with their odds.

Your club is the new Liverpool.

:toofunny:
    Lol @ u taking my 1 mistake comment as meaning literally 1 mistake. Yeah the bookies have literally only got 1 thing wrong ever :rolleyes:

They get most things right or they wouldn't make any money. It's a multi-billion dollar industry so they clearly get it right more often than not.

ReputationRep:
    Lol @ u taking my 1 mistake comment as meaning literally 1 mistake. Yeah the bookies have literally only got 1 thing wrong ever :rolleyes:
    In that case, learn to express yourself a little better.

You said 'the only' thing they got wrong this season was your club becoming a laughing stock.

'The only.'

'Only.'

They get most things right or they wouldn't make any money. It's a multi-billion dollar industry so they clearly get it right more often than not.
    Primarly because mugs like yourself believed that Man Utd would do well this season.

ReputationRep:
    In that case, learn to express yourself a little better.

You said 'the only' thing they got wrong this season was your club becoming a laughing stock.

'The only.'

'Only.'
    Again, don't take everything literally. Use some common sense.

Primarly because mugs like yourself believed that Man Utd would do well this season
    I predicted Chelsea would win the league this year. I thought United would be 3rd or 4th. I presume you predicted United would finish 7th?

ReputationRep:

They do tend to 'get it right' but they'll set whatever odds they need to run a balanced book. If the odds of a bet become 'unrealistic' to punters then they'll back it and to rebalance the book the odds will shorten until they become 'realistic'. So the bookies arent taking a view, they're just setting the odds to reflect what gamblers are telling them is likely. They are just taking commission by offering crappy odds and then balancing the book.

ReputationRep:
    Again, don't take everything literally. Use some common sense.
    That's not the way it works: when you claim the only thing the bookies got wrong was Man Utd becoming a laughing stock, you take it literally.

I predicted Chelsea would win the league this year. I thought United would be 3rd. I presume you predicted United would finish 7th?
    I predicted: City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton/Utd.

ReputationRep:
    That's not the way it works: when you claim the only thing the bookies got wrong was Man Utd becoming a laughing stock, you take it literally.

I predicted: City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton/Utd.
    I just looked back at my post and I didn't even say "only", you've completely made that up :rofl2:

So they got 1 wrong? They also get plenty right or they wouldnt make any ****ing money :facepalm2:
    I said they got 1 wrong, referring to the one you mentioned. I didn't think I needed to spell it out that they've also got others wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matchdayG)
    This isn't a WUM post, but I wouldn't swap our 2005 CL for the Invincibles triumph.

Not in a million years.

And if you asked me: 'next season, would you rather have an unbeaten 90 point league winning season or a CL trophy?', I'd say the CL trophy without a doubt.

Personally I've always rated Chelsea's 95 points above the Invincibles, but that's just because I used to be a Mourinho fanboy.

Obviously the unbeaten season was an amazing achievement but I personally wouldn't rank it over a CL win. Chelsea fans and United fans would probably agree with me, and that too, genuinely - not in a way to belittle Arsenal's achievement.
    Again, totally understand your point. I guess until one club has managed both we won't know who rates what higher without an element of bias.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matchdayG)

Not in a million years.

Chelseas 95 points is better than the invincibles tbh.

Yeah being unbeaten is great, but I guess 38 draws must be great as well.

I also rate the CL win over our 2005 title.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)

Don't be such an idiot, we won the league unbeaten, that's the point.

You only managed 95 points throwing a few hundred million at it, should be embarrassed really.

ReputationRep:
    Unbeaten in the league > European cup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)

I also rate the CL win over our 2005 title.
    Only is compared because Anelka scored a penalty against Chelsea), and RVN had missed the season before vs Arsenal. Never considered though.

This has been done before though: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...2420051&page=2

ReputationRep:
    Again, totally understand your point. I guess until one club has managed both we won't know who rates what higher without an element of bias.
    Cup competitions, especially the CL, have more of a romance about them than leagues do, in general. Maybe I value our CL triumph more because of how it came about, rather than see it as a CL triumph just as any other.

ReputationRep:
    The CL is clearly more special than the league. There's a league winner every year, there's only an English CL winner every 4 or 5 years. Whether it's harder is another matter, there's far less luck in winning the league.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal the new club that people love to hate, eh? it used to be Leeds but they got relegated so people ended up feeling sorry for them

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.