GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread Watch

-jordan-
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by romaiseb)
What's the difference between a distance time graph and displacement time graph?

Displacement is how far you've moved in a straight line. Distance is your real distance. If you finish where you started, your displacement is 0. Your distance is the total distance of the journey there and back.
lyricalvibe
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ed__)
Do you have any good websites that explain p5 and a tip would be to read write cover write, it will help the info stick in your head
Theirs a youtuber for AQA who explains some of our topics if you have a revision guide by and what a video then you can make sure you only learning the important parts he's called mygcsescience and get's quite a lot of views from the AQA lot just search his name and a topic like transformers or motor effect and he'll have a video 5-10 mins on it with diagrams
ed__
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can anyone please help me with all the motor stuff and induction stuff on p5? I don't understand it one bit and still have all of p4 and p6 to do I'm not at all screwed. You will be have the best karma ever and i will worship you for the rest of my life, please help!!!!
ed__
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lyricalvibe)
Theirs a youtuber for AQA who explains some of our topics if you have a revision guide by and what a video then you can make sure you only learning the important parts he's called mygcsescience and get's quite a lot of views from the AQA lot just search his name and a topic like transformers or motor effect and he'll have a video 5-10 mins on it with diagrams
ill check him out, thanks!
lyricalvibe
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by olmyster911)
I just had to go in for chemistry, although I just played on my phone the entire time.

It's not P4 or P6 that everyone's worried about though, it's the evil circuits!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah k, hah
Yep :yep: I'm worried about the whole thing and I still haven't started p6 :/ how you progressing?
lyricalvibe
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can someone clear this up please?I really don't know :confused:
If mains electricity is induces and it is AC, how is it transported to houses and such? Wouldn't the current just turn back and forth and never actually go anywhere as opposed to direct current which goes in one direction?
ToLiveInADream
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How's revision going since I last posted people?

I've just finished notes of P6 (such an awesome module in an awful paper) and finished reading P4, I'm going to make notes on it after a short break. I used to hate P4 but it's actual all-right..just mathsy with simple maths?! Yay Then after, at around 6 I think I'll crack open P5 again and go over crap.

As soon as this exam is over tomorrow, I swear I'm going to be SO happy. The exam I'm dreading will be OVER!
monisj1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
WHAT WERE THE 6 MARKERS ON THE JUNE 2013 paper eny1?

thanks
ToLiveInADream
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can someone clear this up please?I really don't know :confused:
If mains electricity is induces and it is AC, how is it transported to houses and such? Wouldn't the current just turn back and forth and never actually go anywhere as opposed to direct current which goes in one direction?
I'm awful at P5..but isn't that step-down transformers? It lowers the current and increases the voltage through electromagnetic induction so it can travel through the national grid to houses. And there's just an AC current across the primary coil which induces the all important STEP-DOWN on the 2nd coil.
ToLiveInADream
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by monisj1)
WHAT WERE THE 6 MARKERS ON THE JUNE 2013 paper eny1?

thanks
P6 - Comparing nuclear fission & fusion (this sucks because now we won't get this awesome question

P5 - Comparing motors & generations (LOL @ THEM FOR GETTING THIS MWAHAHA)

P4 - Some easy ass energy transfer stuff eg. GPE - KE. (Sucks because it's such an easy question!)
ToLiveInADream
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by romaiseb)
What's the difference between a distance time graph and displacement time graph?
Gradient on distance = speed + only positive.

Displacement will go to - values to symbolise a change in direction.
ToLiveInADream
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sulfur)
What points would you include for this?
Oh, how clueless I would be. But if I'm in the right frame of mind:

-Electromagnetic induction
-There can be step-up/down
-Step up is often used to lower current and increase voltage in order to minimise wastage across the distribution over the national grid to houses which reduces cost and environmental cost.
-Include the formula
-Two coils connected to circuits. There is AC in the primary coil which causes magnetic field changes and therefore induces a voltage in the secondary coil blah blah

Etc etc. But obviously with any data they give us. Good luck for tomorrow
Sulfur
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by ed__)
sorry i can't seem to work private messaging but sulphur do you mind helping me with p5 please ? Im struggling and still have p4 and p6 to do so urgent help please
I'm in the exact same situation! I hate P5 and I'm struggling too
Sulfur
Rep:
?
(Original post by ToLiveInADream)
Oh, how clueless I would be. But if I'm in the right frame of mind:

-Electromagnetic induction
-There can be step-up/down
-Step up is often used to lower current and increase voltage in order to minimise wastage across the distribution over the national grid to houses which reduces cost and environmental cost.
-Include the formula
-Two coils connected to circuits. There is AC in the primary coil which causes magnetic field changes and therefore induces a voltage in the secondary coil blah blah

Etc etc. But obviously with any data they give us. Good luck for tomorrow
Thank you very much! Now I hope that this comes up.
ed__
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sulfur)
I'm in the exact same situation! I hate P5 and I'm struggling too
urgh the book is vague and makes no sense!! it was only 27 for an a last year so may the low grade boundaries be in our favour haha
olmyster911
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ah k, hah
Yep :yep: I'm worried about the whole thing and I still haven't started p6 :/ how you progressing?
um..since I last replied to you I've done....nothing wbu
Sulfur
Rep:
?
(Original post by ed__)
urgh the book is vague and makes no sense!! it was only 27 for an a last year so may the low grade boundaries be in our favour haha
They've all been low it seems for Physics so yup we can only hope!
monisj1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
a physics exam can never be easy even if they tried!
Fyt
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you are struggling with physics you can go on youtube and write in drphysicsA and go on his gcse playlist. He has many videos and he explains a lot of the topics in detail and clearly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
cupcakes16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi all,
Is weight measured in newtons and mass measured in kg?

Anyone know any predictions that are likely to come up?

Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?