Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Israel/Palestine Conflict Mk. IV Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Neither.
    Both are arrogant, completely oblivious to the other side's arguments and willingly causing the deaths of the innocent.
    One side bombs hospitals, the other side fires on Red Cross ambulances and reporters.
    A pox on both their houses. Neither get sympathy from me.
    i felt the same way until recently.

don't you think that the last wave of attacks that caused the deaths of 2 israelis and 280 palestinians is unjustly on israel's side?

israel has the best technology and stronger army. their iron dome intercepts around 90% of gazas rockets that could've been fired into populated areas.

whereas gaza is densely populated, given short notices of attack, has little power on their water and food supply and electricity, have weak military equipment, and 80% of Palestinian casualties are of civilians.

is israel really just as bad as gaza? i disagree with hamas, but israel have much more power on the situation, they need to take a more responsible approach. but they are ruthless. operation protective edge was initiated by them, since then how many israelis were killed and how many palestinians were killed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kutta)
    Both are wrong, nobody who supports Palestine supports Hamas. We support humanity.
    This

hamas are wrong.
    israel are wrong.

ultimately, who are the people who actually have power and technology here? not hamas.

one mans soldier is another mans terrorist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acidy)
    People need to remember; terrorist organisations contribute nothing to society apart from immorality and destruction. It was the removal of this basis that is the current catalyst for the ongoing war.

For all you smug TSR users who feel supporting Gaza is the right option. I hope you feel right that you support a terrorist organisation. "But, deep, israel r like killing civilians" This is partly true and must be considered only within it's truest context. Israel do not want to purposely kill civilians, this is why they warn them to evacuate their houses. Unfortunately the nature of war isn't selective. Israel have made the effort to ask palestinians to evacuate, the rest is up to them.

There primary goal is to remove Hammas, an organisation which bombards Israel consistently. As I said, Palestinians contribute nothing. Islam, contributes nothing. If it were my choice I would be done with religion altogether, yet this is the result.
    Israel is a terrorist organisation. The only difference between them and hamas is they have the western world's backing.

ReputationRep:
    Neither, Israeli's killing innocent civilians & Hamas already explicitly said they will never accept an Israeli state it's going in round in circles. A two state solution is the only way to peace,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FuzzehWolf)
    I don't know much about this petty war that's happening, but I'm sticking with the side that isn't fighting for religion.
    Israel then I presume? Hamas is fighting to set up a religious Islamic state. Israel is fighting to maintain a secular state.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acidy)
    1. Hamas is the de-facto government of Gaza, it's essentially the same as living in Britain with the current government and putting Islamic fundamentalists in charge of MI5 and the government cooperating with them.

2. How about I bombard you with missiles. You might not deserve it but hey, I enjoy the physical and psychological pleasure of keeping you in fear for your entirety. Also don't fight back, otherwise we'll totally play the victim card you bully.

3. I understand that you're comparing the actions of Israel to Nazi Germany. Except instead of an imperialistic agenda, Israel are advancing territories for the sole purpose of self defence. Why would you want to give terrorists the best possible chance to cause chaos? Why would you give land back to terrorists who are unable to learn from their mistakes if you understand what I mean.
    I'm sorry but what was your point? You mean you will bombard me with missiles after I have taken your property and land for over 60 years until you have almost nothing left. Yea I can see why you would do that

Oh and keep calling Hamas "terrorists". What are Israel's actions then, "self-defence"? Are you sure? Because in my eyes they are just as much terrorism as what Hamas is doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Unfortunately there has not been peace in Israel since her formation in 1948. The Israelis have lived with hostility and aggression from her neighbours ever since.
    You mean Israel has taken over more and more land from the people in the region and no one has intervened because "omg the poor jews". You mean Israel has essentially forced the remaining Palestinians to live in a Ghetto. So who is defending themselves and who is being hostile?

ReputationRep:
    Niether. But we have more moral responsibility with how Israel behaves.

ReputationRep:
    The side with the most attractive soldiers

ReputationRep:
    I might have more sympathy for Israel but they keep taking more and more of the Palestinian land and they live in poverty under constant threat while the Israeli's live in luxury.

ReputationRep:
    I support the ordinary people of Gaza who just want to live their lives without being bombed, slaughtered, displaced, deprived of basic needs such as first aid and food, or having their homes bulldozed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felamaslen)
    It's not a double standard. I support human rights for Gazans and Israelis equally. I recognise that Hamas are the primary cause of the Gazans' suffering (and more limited Israeli suffering too). Therefore I want Israel to destroy Hamas, for the sake (primarily) of the Gazan people. But I also want the Gazans to stop believing in what Hamas stand for, because unfortunately a lot of them do, as evidenced by the 2006 election result.
    You condone collective punishment from the Israeli's but not from HAMAS.

Pure hypocrisy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertstare)
    Gaza like any rational person
    Why would you support terrorists?? You know there muslims right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darab_1496)
    See my last post above.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I watched some Hamas propaganda videos and have read some of their comments. The terminology they use and the ideology they follow is very very terrorist related. One of them said they will remove all non-believers and non-Muslims from their land and the true Islamic state. They will impose strict sharia law and destroy any architecture not related to Islam. And of course they went on saying all the west must die blah blah usual Jihad bull**** you get from the Middle East. Basically if I visited Israel I could walk the streets without fear but if i visit the likes of Gaza I would probably be executed because of my ethnicity, my clothes and my accent. There is no doubt I would side with Israel as these jihads would kill me given the chance

ReputationRep:
    Apart from the fact that Muslims out-number Jews by something like 15:1 in the UK (which will skew this vote as Muslims will bloc vote on religious ground as they always do) - any leftists voting for Gaza should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

I always find it amusing when leftists side with those that would have them killed first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darab_1496)
    Also it's not a handful of children mate
    Anything they tell you are the death toll numbers,times that by 10 and I'm pretty sure that will be nowhere near close to the actual number of deaths that month or weak

Death is death,I sympathise with Jews regarding the holocaust,Syrians,Iraqis,Germans , Russians, Middle Eastern, American British, ,anyone that has lost loved ones in these wars/genocides

May they rest in peace.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    UN, governmental and NGO data all show more Muslim children have died at the hands of Muslims than the Israelites. In fact more Muslims die from terrorist organisations than the IDF. Yet these guys are never criticised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acidy)
    In my opinion the following should be considered:

There are 1.6 Billion Muslims in the world or 23% of the World's population.

There's are 14-15 million jews in the world and are less than 0.1% of the world's population.

It's easy to hate the minority, especially when they stand up for themselves against the majority. This is the nature of human struggle.

If you can't view a situation objectively, reason and come to a reasonable conclusion about the current situation presented by a lot of the present anti-zionist media. You're probably not that smart.

Remember who owns the majority of the World's Wealth
    - after a History's worth of persecution
    - relative to their population (0.1%) (jesus christ.)

Do you see Rabbi's with Suicide vests walking into ASDA with the intention of inflicting harm? No. The truth is this is not within the nature of their religion and to think of Israel as a parable to Nazi Germany or otherwise is quite-frankly pathetic.

The fact is, and most of you won't be able to understand this, having been brainwashed with anti-logic conditioning.

Jews contribute the most to society and are the most peaceful nation when they are not being bombarded with religions that wish to crucify them. It's the survival of Israel against the world and nothing more. Would you rather they voluntarily lay down their lives and be slaughtered like sheep for no other purpose then to make the fundamentalist -terrorist middle east feel better about themselves?

This is probably going to sound a bit controversial, but Hey-ho. The fact remains, the majority of countries and it's civilian populations have nothing going for them. Keep in mind who gives the most contributions to the world, perhaps even google it.
    i am jewish and i appreciate this post, so thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    does anyone actually still support israel in this day and age? lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MASTER265)
    UN, governmental and NGO data all show more Muslim children have died at the hands of Muslims than the Israelites. In fact more Muslims die from terrorist organisations than the IDF. Yet these guys are never criticised.
    20 times as many Arabs have died in 3 years in Syria, than ALL Israelis and ALL 'palestinians' combined in 47 years.

ReputationRep:
    "Keep in mind who gives the most contributions to the world, perhaps even google it".

I assume youre not counting the oil.😄

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.