Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Why does the deutsche bank spring week have corporate finance and IT program in one application? I only want to apply for corporate finance?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone having problems with the UBS website? I'm getting a cookies error on two different laptops, yet clearly some of you have been able to apply, and get rejected already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    If motivation is purely wanting the best chance of IB, it pretty much is.
    Yeah it pretty much isn't though, so that's a shame. They're much more concerned by experience and potential, not a meaningless "oh, but he went to UCL!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olliee)
    Yeah, not really that simple unfortunately.

You mad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingofbanking)
    You mad?
    I'll give you positive rep as a twist of irony.

ReputationRep:
    Need help guys.

Critique my CV: This is essentially what I've been sending to banks, this sort of layout and content:

I haven't space to include anymore experience, albeit I've done a Entrerenuer challenge which I think would add great value. What can be removed?

I still have DB, GS, BP to send, is there any improvements that could be made? Did I do anything majorly wrong. The relevant sections have been cut to conceal identity.

Why not to write "i am santa Claus", too?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it pretty much isn't though, so that's a shame. They're much more concerned by experience and potential, not a meaningless "oh, but he went to UCL!"
    That's a factor.

Albeit, cetaris paribus UCL > Manchester. You disagreeing doesn't change reality. No doubt Manchester's great, nonetheless. I have a friend there doing Chem Eng.

For IB however, relative to Manchester, UCL students are heavily targeted.

ReputationRep:
    I'll give you positive rep as a twist of irony.

Nice one mate, you might have a shot at Deloitte with that attitude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tru.and)
    Why not to write "i am santa Claus", too?
    Constructive af

ReputationRep:
    Nice one mate, you might have a shot at Deloitte with that attitude.
    Please expand

ReputationRep:
    Please expand

You know... mediocre firm, mediocre mindset... perfect match really.

ReputationRep:
    You know... mediocre firm, mediocre mindset... perfect match really.
    mediocre but big 4?

also make a **** tonne of money. counter intuitive logic if you ask me.

ReputationRep:
    mediocre but big 4?

also make a **** tonne of money. counter intuitive logic if you ask me.
    Clearly a gag. He's already got a summer internship at Deloitte.

However, my earlier question does still stand; why can't I get onto the UBS application page?

ReputationRep:
    Clearly a gag. He's already got a summer internship at Deloitte.

However, my earlier question does still stand; why can't I get onto the UBS application page?
    I had this problem for about 2 weeks. Some cookies ****. I had to find an external way in, I can't remember exactly. Was rejected to **** ubs

ReputationRep:
    My question still stands too and i ask for the third time: has a request of internship in Singapore or in USA the same chance to succeed as a request for any Europe country if you come from europe? And if it hasnt, do u still suggest to try or the chance to Be taken are close to zero?

ReputationRep:
    Need help guys.

Critique my CV: This is essentially what I've been sending to banks, this sort of layout and content:

I haven't space to include anymore experience, albeit I've done a Entrerenuer challenge which I think would add great value. What can be removed?

I still have DB, GS, BP to send, is there any improvements that could be made? Did I do anything majorly wrong. The relevant sections have been cut to conceal identity.
    I would advise to remove the Islamic part of the societies, some people do discriminate and it could worsen your chances.

(Original post by tru.and)
    My question still stands too and i ask for the third time: has a request of internship in Singapore or in USA the same chance to succeed as a request for any Europe country if you come from europe? And if it hasnt, do u still suggest to try or the chance to Be taken are close to zero?
    Or maybe no one knows the answer to your question? I think you might make your own thread as it's most likely to be viewed by people who know the answer.

ReputationRep:
    That's a factor.

Albeit, ceteris paribus UCL > Manchester. You disagreeing doesn't change reality. No doubt Manchester's great, nonetheless. I have a friend there doing Chem Eng.

For IB however, relative to Manchester, UCL students are heavily targeted.
    Just fixed that for you. Investment banks are usually quite meticulous - I wouldn't want you to have written that in a cover letter.

Of course I am not debating that either of them are good or not so good universities, but the fact that banks change their graduate employment strategies on a yearly basis, coupled with UCL really being no much better than Manchester, means that choosing one university on the basis of "it's a target" is not only flawed but also very illogical.

If Manchester is better for Chem Eng than UCL, then you go to Manchester. No if's, no but's, no coconuts.

ReputationRep:
    Just fixed that for you. Investment banks are usually quite meticulous - I wouldn't want you to have written that in a cover letter.

Of course I am not debating that either of them are good or not so good universities, but the fact that banks change their graduate employment strategies on a yearly basis, coupled with UCL really being no much better than Manchester, means that choosing one university on the basis of "it's a target" is not only flawed but also very illogical.

If Manchester is better for Chem Eng than UCL, then you go to Manchester. No if's, no but's, no coconuts.
    Unsure why the term would ever be needed in a cover letter but whatever helps you sleep at night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claudia775)
    I think your CV is good, you defo demonstrated a lot of skills. But I don't really see much experience of you working in a team.... Maybe you should try and include that, becos that's something I think banks will look for. Also, I don't think you need to put the reference part at the end, waste of space imo....if they need it they will ask anyway!
    SocGen work experience, second bullet point & last bullet point?

For the rest.. led teams = essentially working with right?

ReputationRep:
    RBC rejection. Chances of SW now = nil.

I'm out.

Good luck with the rest of you applicants.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.