Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    How was your weekend?
    Busy - I was travelling back from holiday and unpacking and stuff. How was yours?

ReputationRep:
    As for makeup, I am not good at that. I almost always manage to make myself look worse. :ninjagirl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Star-girl)
    As for makeup, I am not good at that. I almost always manage to make myself look worse. :ninjagirl:
    I would say go for less is more, but i dont listen to that :ninja:

I rarely wear it nowadays, but i used to refuse to leave the house without it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I tend to be too lazy to do it every day, especially if I'm not going to be doing much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Star-girl)

(Original post by Odd socks)
    I tend to be too lazy to do it every day, especially if I'm not going to be doing much

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Imo makeup looks best when there isn't a lot of it, too much can often look tacky. There is definately skill to using makeup, some people can really do wonders with it, but yeah, my 5 cents :hide:

Natural beauty is underrated

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ill do it on special occasions now, but in school id spend an hour doing my hair and makeup!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meaty_man)
    Imo makeup looks best when there isn't a lot of it, too much can often look tacky. There is definately skill to using makeup, some people can really do wonders with it, but yeah, my 5 cents :hide:

I find what a lot of men think is 'natural beauty' is often achieved using makeup

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I find what a lot of men think is 'natural beauty' is often achieved using makeup

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are the guys you speak of the ones that somehow find bleach blonde oompa lumpas attractive?

Or guys that lost their glasses and have no more contact lenses left (not me :ninja:) :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Meaty_man)

I guess because I have a baby face, whatever I do ends up looking like I am trying too hard.

ReputationRep:
    :hello:

I haven't been diagnosed with anything yet but have been in counselling for the last 3 years, got a doctors appointment next week to try and get evidence for dsa and I'm terrified .

On a gap year at the moment but will give me more time to sort stuff out after failing A2 (3 E's). Going to apply for a foundation year in forensics.

ReputationRep:
    got a masssive headache today

ReputationRep:
    Making a christmas dinner style roast :drool:
    Pigs in blankets and everything

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :drool: pigs in blankets are amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :drool: pigs in blankets are amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Doing the full roast haha cant bloody wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-duck)
    Haha, indeed
    :eek: Not even as a kid?! I'm saddened to admit I don't think I'm the greatest fan of sand now - mostly just skim stones whenever I beach - I think it's just too tiring making a sandcastle Lazy and pathetic as that sounds
    That's fair enough though :yep: Particularly when it goes and gives you blisters :unimpressed: (presumably partly down to sand? :dontknow:)

Haha, same Glad it's out the way.

Very suck-y Woo :grouphugs: You definitely deserve help though :yes: :hugs:

Slightly less scared possibly now, though I know it will be when it gets closer, and from the last time I met up with people, just going to be anxious half the time, but oh well - I also know I'll enjoy seeing them/sort of need to so they don't forget me or something
    I'm sorry you're not feeling any better Ill is not good :nope: Was in bed a few days a couple weeks ago because of flu-y-ness, didn't help mood :hugs: I hope you get better soon!

Yeah :hugs: With this camping trip going to be double third-wheeling though :woo: :woo: ( :sigh:)

*gets ruler out* *realises you need more than 1 ruler* That is big! :eek:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I can imagine that being awesome! Hardly any light pollution there :moon:
    I will :yep:

Glad you got sleep okay

Spoiler:
    Show
    :hugs:

:hugs:

Hope you had a good end to your trip! Is that edinburgh with your bf? Very exciting! Best move there before any possibly independence (Though I hope they don't! )
    Good luck for jobs/courses!

I imagine you can donate online with debit card/stuff? Though I suppose that's slightly less safe than via mobile credit, but I mean it's still safe!

Spoiler:
    Show
    :jumphug:

Sorry that Dr's aren't helping much
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Just wanted to say good luck/well wishes for your operation - I can't remember if it was soon or not (or has it happened already? ) But hope it all goes smoothly - I'm sure it will

:woo: Well done!! That's great news

It's the best I always find it odd that I need to be alone and talking to myself (or the animals/trees! (okay, sort of just talking to myself...)) to be able to get that I would be the same Always get redfaced so easily

Well I'm hoping our tent doesn't leak over the next few days I don't think it's very nice at all :no:

:hugs: I can't remember whether you'd tried any therapy at all? I mean I don't know at all - but might be able to give you some coping techniques/how to combat the anxiety? Unfortunately there was a workshop at Uni about anxiety/managing it last term/year, but missed it because of a revision lecture :/ I have the slides from the workshop but haven't read through them yet. 1 year goes pretty fast I'd say This last year has for me, anyways :dontknow:

:hugs: Well I know that you have your boyfriend, and us! and I'm sure you have other friends too! Though I can relate to that feeling :sad: What's brown and sticky?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    A stick! :teehee:
    Not typing rubbish I'm sorry you've been feeling like that today :console:

Ah okay I've sort of stopped a bit with TV (sort of, I mean I still watch it a bit when I'm home ) If you get the chance to watch some then you should

:hi: Not really doing anything tbh, besides thinking about it and worrying
    Welcome to the thread

Wanna swap?

I hope it doesn't leak too and i hope you have a great time. Where are you going camping?
    I've been to a psychiatrist and I had some other things but I don't remember what they're called, It was a long time ago now. But I'm on the waiting list to see a psychologist. I saw a psychologist when I was in hospital and it was brilliant, I only had one session but he was like putting things together and it all made sense.

That would be great, to have some coping techniques. I think this years gone fast too, but when you're excited for things it seems to take forever. Me and my boyf was talking last night and decided I'm not going to take the meds, my anxiety is a problem, but its not the major problem. My major problem is my different personalities. When my boyf said I need something to help me to calm down, I think the doc might have got the wrong end of the stick? I don't know what to do about going to see him again on the 2nd of september. I'm scared he'll get mad at me. I'm thinking of cancelling it.

Thank you. I'm just paranoid, I always think people secretly don't like me due to how I act when my personality changes. :/ I'm a child basically. And quite messy. Like leaving things all or' the place.

Lol. Stick friend. Omg it reminds me of Plank from ed, edd 'n' eddy. Did you ever watch that as a kid? The bit of wood named plank LOL.

I feel the same today. I want to feel positive, but I can't. Everytime the phone rings I jump.

I'll have a look for it on the tv guide.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Roast potatoes :drool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubble999)
    Congrats! What do you want to study?
    anything Politics/Sociology related, access course I applied for is in Social Science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Porridge510)
    Roast potatoes :drool:
    They havnt gone crispy though :sad:
    Usually put them in for an hour and they burn slightly, been in for 45 mins and there not even crispy, bigs in blankets arnt crispy.
    I may cry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They havnt gone crispy though :sad:
    Usually put them in for an hour and they burn slightly, been in for 45 mins and there not even crispy, bigs in blankets arnt crispy.
    I may cry

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure what to say sorry.
    I can't cook at all. Other than beans on toast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Porridge510)
    I'm not sure what to say sorry.
    I can't cook at all. Other than beans on toast.
    Iv wacked the oven up, and about to put the yorkies in

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.