Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bj1)
    Anyone applying for Natural Sciences and heard yet? Haven't seen it mentioned on here very much if at all! I'm relying on them to get me over my Oxford rejection!

Also how easy is it to change the subjects you are doing for NatSci e.g. Changing a different subject or switching to a single subject? Just wondering!
    I got my offer in late Nov, I'm sure you'll hear back soon!!!

ReputationRep:
    Bit late to post my hopefulness, I'm a gap year student so have already got my results and I applied back in early October, still heard nothing though ((
    Subject - English Literature
    GCSE grades: A*A*A*A*A*AAAABBBBB
    A-levels:
    English Literature - A*
    English Language - B
    History - A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viviane67)
    Hey everyone! I got an offer for law 2 days ago so it shouldn't be long before you get a response! i haven't had an email from Durham yet though, it just says on my UCAS that i got an offer
    Congratulations!
    I've lost all hope for Durham as my LNAT went atrocious...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruby17)
    Congratulations!
    I've lost all hope for Durham as my LNAT went atrocious...
    Thankyou!
    I also thought I hadn't done well at my LNAT, so you never know, stay confident!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kawehi)
    I got my offer in late Nov, I'm sure you'll hear back soon!!!
    Thanks, I did! Literally an hour or so after that post you quoted, if you turn back a few pages. It came hours after my Oxford rejection, so it felt really good, so I'm grateful they took a bit longer and made it coincide on the same day (6th Jan).

I did wonder why there was such a big gap between late November (I know another who received their NS offer back then) and January, especially considering I sent my app on the 1st October) but I've realised why - they close at the start of December anyway so as far as they are open, there isn't a huge difference, only in terms of time!

ReputationRep:
    Who here has applied to St Mary's? If so, what course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francais123)
    I've applied there for Law! You?

ReputationRep:
    Natural Sciences. And you?

French by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bj1)
    Natural Sciences. And you?

French by any chance?
    History. No I'm not French but I can understand your thinking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amybonnie98)
    I live in Oxford!! So I wasn't going to apply to there either aha.
    Yeah, i know a few people applying for cambridge at my sixth form and i just dont get it. I mean Cambridge is nice, but i think id explode if i had to live here for another 4 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion)
    Is it really that expensive? :/
    Not at Oxford. At Oxford the student accommodation is one of the cheapest I've seen... Durham etc. is a lot more expensive.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here applied for Music? Still waiting for a reply from Durham and Edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Pharmacy with foundation year.
    I only submitted my application on the 11th of Jan so its not been long, but I'm already losing my mind, I've only applied to Durham so it really ups the anti.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saule1116)
    Not at Oxford. At Oxford the student accommodation is one of the cheapest I've seen... Durham etc. is a lot more expensive.
    I know its really expensive, Queens campus is really expensive compared to the prices in Stockton as well.

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody heard about Eng Lit yet? The wait is painful!

ReputationRep:
    I have for natural sciences, but I think I might change to a self catered college

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1lilypad1)
    I have for natural sciences, but I think I might change to a self catered college

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If so, let them know quick! Deadline for college choices is the 31st I think, at least that's what it says in the offer email.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything who's applying for Biomedical science?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1lilypad1)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have for Philosophy but just haven't heard yet - i'm literally refreshing Track every minute!!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't apply for deferred entry but i'm not considering deferring a year and taking a gap year. If I plan on this do you think they would let me after receiving an offer or should I inform them before they decide on whether or not to give me an offer. Would it affect my chance of getting a place? (This is for Maths and next year they are adding an entrance exam...)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.