Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    Are you sure? Seems quite low, how much for a B?
    honestly, 80% for an A seems pretty reasonable

70% for a B

60% for a C

vice versa//

ReputationRep:
    For my 12 marker I wrote about
    The outline of the theory which I learnt from the markschemes.
    But I'm a bit worried about a02 which I did reasearch on ,Hodges and Tizard related to the critical period, and RAVES it and then did one on grossman and grossman demonstrating a child can have montropy with farther than mother
    And last one was the supporting of montropy by tornick et al. Do you think that will be ok?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K3lvin)
    tbh it was a good paper the 2 marker annoyed me but i felt i got 60+, i to expect high boundaries but the paper was nice,
    could someone just clarify some queries i have and to see what mark i would get would u say

Limitation of multi store model
    model supporting lacks validity due to most studies being in lab reducing ecologica validity and cant be generalised so thats a weakness and also
    the model is overcomplicated as some are overcomplicated such as the stm and ltm and there features as well as the way information is passed through(kinda guessed that one) out of 4

limitation of anxiety on ewt is that protection of participants could be in stressful situations due to presence of observer so ehtical issues are a problem out of 2

Also strength of the strange situation is that it was a lab experiment so the ev could be minimised as far as possible and also cause effect could be established

Also secure attachment i said a strong emotional bond between the infant and pcg(kinda guessed)

someone tell me the marks you think i would receive because of this thank you
    Limitation of MSM:
    I put: 1) Lockhard et al proposed that ensuring memories are created by processing rather than maintenance rehearsal.
    2) Case study of KF suggests that STM + LTM is not unitary stores.

Limitation of anxiety on EWT:
    I put something about individual differences

Strength of the SS:
    I said it was a naturalistic observation and thus had high ecological validity as infants and children were in their home (real life environment) ... (kind of made that one up).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Romanoff)
    Perfectly fine

Could've even drawn the inverted U!
    Thank you! I was stressing that I had to have done Peters, and 6 marks is a lot to drop in one go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexalex1503)
    yeah i really struggled with this one as well. I put child used so parents need to give informed consent, child being very distressed and causing psychological harm, giving the mum the right to withdraw at any time if the baby seemed distressed and debriefing the mum.

Had no idea about the ethical issues of strange situation so i doubt any of those will get marks hahaha kinda just guessed and tried to apply ethical issues to S.S hahaha oh well
    I put similar things apart from the debrief! I blagged it completely because I didn't want to miss out on the 6 marks haha

ReputationRep:
    Guys i think i messed up... for the memory improvement i did an ACRONYM for ten words? dont know why i did it and i should have done method of loci or pegword... will i get any credit?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Mwo)
    Alright! I kinda needed some reassuring i guess haha... I'm gonna revise loads next weekend for Unit 2 so good luck to you too!
    Exactly! I'm sure you smashed it, and thank you

ReputationRep:
    I talked about age instead of anxiety in the last 10 mins i crossed it out and wrote about the robbery in usa..

But a02 i didnt check and still wrote about age..

then for a02 for 12 marker i talked about Czech twins, monkeys, Glasgow babies..

for the random 10 infant question what did you write i talked about doing an observation but i think i read the question wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilialucy)
    Limitation of MSM:
    I put: 1) Lockhard et al proposed that ensuring memories are created by processing rather than maintenance rehearsal.

Strength of the SS:
    I said it was a naturalistic observation and thus had high ecological validity as infants and children were in their home (real life environment) ... (kind of made that one up).
    I put exactly the same thing for Limitation of msmm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexalex1503)
    yeah i really struggled with this one as well. I put child used so parents need to give informed consent, child being very distressed and causing psychological harm, giving the mum the right to withdraw at any time if the baby seemed distressed and debriefing the mum.

Had no idea about the ethical issues of strange situation so i doubt any of those will get marks hahaha kinda just guessed and tried to apply ethical issues to S.S hahaha oh well
    That sounds pretty decent actually, as long as you actually linked/applied the problems to the SS I think you'll have aced it )

ReputationRep:
    Limitation of MSM:

Strength of the SS:
    Not to rain on your parade but the SS was a heavily controlled observation.

I personally put that it consisted of 8 standardised 'episodes' and something about increasing reliability.

ReputationRep:
    First question :
    Idependant variable: D
    dependant: A
    ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReeceRhea)
    Guys i think i messed up... for the memory improvement i did an ACRONYM for ten words? dont know why i did it and i should have done method of loci or pegword... will i get any credit?
    Acronyms are still a memory improvement strategy so it is correct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naga1)
    Was going to drop psychology, but considering how easy this exam was I had to reconsider. Then I realised after the exam that I wrote about WMM instead of MSM Guess I'm dropping this **** for A2. U guys are lucky, u have idiots like me dropping the grade boundaries!! gl
    Ahh i feel you.. however I left two questions blank because i had no time.

ReputationRep:
    Limitation of MSM:

Strength of the SS:
    yours seems fine, for limitation of msm I put it's oversimplified, and that rehersal isn't the only way of remembering things e.g. Smells. Also for limitation of anxiety I put their is ethical issues would these answers be ok?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    I accidently wrote sensitive period instead of critical will I lose marks? For the 12 marker
    Omg I did the exact same thing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReeceRhea)
    What's wrong with an acronym? I used this and wrote this, explained it, related to the stem and gave an example of ROYGBIV.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Romanoff)
    Not to rain on your parade but the SS was a heavily controlled observation.

I personally put that it consisted of 8 standardised 'episodes' and something about increasing reliability.

Yeah I got a bit confused. It was controlled yes but it was conducted in the participants home = ecological validity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geeee11)
    What did everyone put for the 6 marker on ethical issues for the strange situation?!
    Something to do with right to withdraw, to be careful as they're putting the baby in a stressful situation so linking those two together), and then about confidentiality as well, if they publish the work, they have to keep info confidential/

ReputationRep:
    Good paper, was there a question that asked us about the strength of research done in memory strategy after the effectiveness of memory strategy question? If so what did people put??

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.