The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 & C3 (14th May 2015)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mediaya
Serious you mean you are doing C1 C2 C3 and B1 B2 B3 and P1 2 and 3 ������in a year

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep, im doing that too and unit 2 and 3 are on the same day for each science
Original post by ambarellarose
I wrote potassium carbonate instead of sodium carbonate?

That's fine.
Original post by Rit101
The question didnt state anything. You needed to know how much the total volume of the liquids in the beaker

AQaa are wrong there as some people could interpretate that to mean the volume of HCL whilst others will add the HCL to the sodium hydroxide
Original post by Blueyy__
but the volume was still 55? not 30 (or 29)

It really confused me :frown: I read 29 as the temp where the highest volume was produced. I thought that was what it meant :/
Reply 1304
C2 I wrote silver nitrate solutions and and sodium carbonate solution and base ( insoluble) for the last one, can someone pls tell me if that is right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1305
there was an question about how 50cm3 of dilute hcl will be the same as 25cm3 of hcl in terms of temperature change
Original post by neil20143
I made a prediction list of what I think will come in C2 if it'll help!:
-Diamond & Graphite
-Nanoparticles
-Thermosetting & Thermosoftening polymers
-Catalysts
-Electroplating? (not sure about this one :/ )
-Salts
-Empirical Formula (hasn't come up very recently so it's very likely)
-Simple Molecules (Why is Carbon Dioxide a gas at room temperature or something like this)

Is that the salts and electrolysis questions? For this I made a little mind map, colour coded each section so that I could differentiate each bit! That helped me understand what links with what. Then I just had to memorize it :frown: If that's your main problem

Wow, amazing prediction.
Original post by tman24
there was an question about how 50cm3 of dilute hcl will be the same as 25cm3 of hcl in terms of temperature change

it was the sodium hydroxide not hcl
hard question that was
Original post by Positivedani
SOMEONE ANSWER
What was the question on C3 - the last question- asking about the mass? What was the exact question?

i put the fact that the sodium hydroxide was no an independent variable , and the fact that the values of the graph will change but have similar proportion to the graph of results meaning the difference in both temperatures(start and end) will be the same as the graph

the question asked about changing the amount of sodium hydroxide not affecting the graph of results and having the same difference. something along the lines to that.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by LoganF
Yeah I got 50cm + 25 too.

It was asking for mass at peak temperatire therefore, 20+25=55
55*4.2*(38-18)
Reply 1310
Original post by SSAA9
C2 I wrote silver nitrate solutions and and sodium carbonate solution and base ( insoluble) for the last one, can someone pls tell me if that is right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are all right
Reply 1311
Original post by camz01
They are all right

Even with 'solutions' in the answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kevinspl2000
im in year 10 im doing unit 1 2 and 3 of biology and chemistry. Im doing physics next year. I really hope for 2 A*'s however i am ambivalent as to whether I will actuarly get this. what colledge are you applying to?

My school does not work like that we do unit 1 in year 9, unit 2 in year 10 and unit 3 in rear 11 but am doing both unit 1 sciences and unit 2 sciences in year 10 because i want to do unit 3 next year ( i have not been entered for science exams in year 9 but i thought i was. This made me so angry when everyone else got their results but not me so my teacher said i could do unit 2 as well cause i knew my unit 1 stuff)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1313
Original post by SSAA9
Even with 'solutions' in the answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, they will probably just ignore that because you still got the actual name right
Original post by Rit101
She already had 25cm^2 in the beaker.
She added 50cm^2 total into the beaker also. (This is not the peak, as she added excess. Basically on the end of the xaxis).
OVERALL temp change was 10.

So (25+50) x 4.2 x 10 =
3150 J

Oh thats were I went wrong then, I forgot she added excess. But I would still get marks for doing the equations with the right numbers that I got.
Markscheme/Paper for C3?
Original post by mediaya
My school does not work like that we do unit 1 in year 9, unit 2 in year 10 and unit 3 in rear 11 but am doing both unit 1 sciences and unit 2 sciences in year 10 because i want to do unit 3 next year ( i have not been entered for science exams in year 9 but i thought i was. This made me so angry when everyone else got their results but not me so my teacher said i could do unit 2 as well cause i knew my unit 1 stuff)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I detest the way you cant even pick the tier for the exam you want to. It is rediculous
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3327275&p=55803793#post55803793 PHYSICS P2 & P3 Wednesday 20th May 2015 [OFFICIAL THREAD]
c3 markscheme?
Original post by kevinspl2000
I detest the way you cant even pick the tier for the exam you want to. It is rediculous

What do you mean "the tier" do you mean choose between higher and foundation

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending