Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Storm2323)
    Well done that's amazing!!!
    When was your interview? I hate waiting 😁

It was on the 15th , I was surprised they got back to me so quick!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangostan)
    It was on the 15th , I was surprised they got back to me so quick!
    Oooh same day as me!! Well done, they must just really want you to come!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Storm2323;63630371]

Congrats on your offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zzdevzz)
    I need help with my choices. I've applied to the Bartlett, Westminster, Coventry, Kingston and Oxford Brookes. I've received offers from 4 (not the Bartlett). I'm not rejected from the Bartlett however I'm pretty sure I've been rejected after this long wait. So what I wanted to ask is what's the best university for me to go for? In terms of what they want: Westminster (AAB) : Kingston (320 points). Coventry (unconditional) and Oxford Brookes is unconditional too.

What university would you guys recommend I go for? I mean in terms of my choices, I know with AAB i could've applied to some higher universities but Im pretty sure I wanted to stay around London. With the following exceptions in my choices.

What do you guys think is the best and will help in terms of the employment etc, would really appreciate some feedback. Cheers.
    I've decided on Westminster mainly on the basis that I wanted to study in London, and it was the only university I applied to located there besides UCL (from which I didn't receive an offer). I was really sceptical about Westminster due to their ranking, and at first considered staying in Manchester to study at MSA, but honestly Westminster's facilities are so so good. Their fabrication laboratory is, quite frankly, unrivalled in London (but I doubt this will still be the case when the new Bartlett building is complete haha). Also, personally I think being in London is so important due to industry links and the fact that it is a thriving metropolis with so much going on... the possibilities in the capital are endless... something which I believe would be essential as an architecture student/.

It depends on your priorities at the end of the day; which studios do you prefer, what city do you want to live in, which way would you like to work in. don't look at what school is most respected... because at the end of the day, all the schools are good schools. wherever you go, you will come out with a Part 1... Architecture is what YOU make of it.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much!! I'm on a foundation course atm so I've already completed my a-levels (they were A*A*B)
    Congratulations bro, i'm jelous too xD. When was your interview may i ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zzdevzz)
    Congratulations bro, i'm jelous too xD. When was your interview may i ask?
    thank you! it was on the 15th of March

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Storm2323)
    Oooh same day as me!! Well done, they must just really want you to come!
    haha not sure what to do now since I'm still quite set on westminster!

ReputationRep:
    I just got an offer from Bath! So happy!

ReputationRep:
    haha not sure what to do now since I'm still quite set on westminster!
    Why are you set on westminister may I ask? congrats!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nairline)
    Why are you set on westminister may I ask? congrats!!!
    thank you! I feel like their facilities are a lot better compared to ucl, and when i visited, i could see myself being a student there more than i can at ucl. Im a bit more excited about studying at westminster than studying at the bartlett for some reason!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-loofah)
    Congratulations!!!

ReputationRep:
    thank you! I feel like their facilities are a lot better compared to ucl, and when i visited, i could see myself being a student there more than i can at ucl. Im a bit more excited about studying at westminster than studying at the bartlett for some reason!
    Ah yeah fair enough! Trust your gut and don't go somewhere simply for the prestige is my advice!! I'm currently in the process of applying for scholarships at westminister

ReputationRep:
    I just got an unconditional from UCL!
    Congratulations! That's fantastic) Must be so nice with unconditionals having gotten your A-Level results; and incredible results at that! Well done
    Can't wait to be free of A-levels..

Remember that the building that the Bartlett has for architecture is only temporary, and will be moving into the new one end of this year/beginning of next, so make sure to take that into consideration when deciding as I would imagine their facilities will be greatly improved!

All the best with making your decisions!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I need help with my choices. I have offers from Bath, Cardiff and Kent and I'm not sure which is the best. I'm predicted 38 in IB and the conditions are: Bath (36 6 hl physics,6 hl langlit), Cardiff (36 6 hl physics, 5 sl math) and Kent (34 4 hl langlit and 4 sl math).What university would you guys recommend? I would really appreciate the feedback

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Newcastle for AAA but waiting to hear from Northumbria from my portfolio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-loofah)
    Congrats!! What AS levels did you take and how did you do in them??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemyerst)
    Hey, I need help with my choices. I have offers from Bath, Cardiff and Kent and I'm not sure which is the best. I'm predicted 38 in IB and the conditions are: Bath (36 6 hl physics,6 hl langlit), Cardiff (36 6 hl physics, 5 sl math) and Kent (34 4 hl langlit and 4 sl math).What university would you guys recommend? I would really appreciate the feedback
    Hey there, from the point of view of rankings, Bath would be better but it depends on what you want. IDK about Cardiff and Kent but I know that Bath is more focused on the science part of architecture than on the design part. BTW I'm doing the IB as well, feels nice to find somebody else who knows the struggle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahastbury)
    I got an offer from Newcastle for AAA but waiting to hear from Northumbria from my portfolio
    Good luck I firmed Northumbria with an unconditional, loved the facilities and although newcastle is higher ranked, it just didn't have as much to offer I felt! Which one would you prefer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiveTheMoment)
    Hey there, from the point of view of rankings, Bath would be better but it depends on what you want. IDK about Cardiff and Kent but I know that Bath is more focused on the science part of architecture than on the design part. BTW I'm doing the IB as well, feels nice to find somebody else who knows the struggle
    Yeh I'm probably going to firm bath cause I love the campus! The IB struggle oh god hahaha what do you take and where did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else still waiting to hear from Bath?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 4, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.