The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Crazy reactions in here.

Bottom line is if you can't get mourinho why sack van gaal mid season? It just disrupts your season and will make you less likely to come 4th. However losing to Chelsea is 4 losses in a row? I'd give him until after the new year fixture to turn things around personally. Football is so fickle. Calling someone a coward for not sacking someone on their first real bad run as manager - aside from the first few games in pl last season - is just so short sighted.

Football is all about sacking someone after one bad run now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gob Bluth
Crazy reactions in here.

Bottom line is if you can't get mourinho why sack van gaal mid season? It just disrupts your season and will make you less likely to come 4th. However losing to Chelsea is 4 losses in a row? I'd give him until after the new year fixture to turn things around personally. Football is so fickle. Calling someone a coward for not sacking someone on their first real bad run as manager - aside from the first few games in pl last season - is just so short sighted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think you can call 4 wins in 16 games ''one bad run''
Nothing more small time than wanting your club to lose to get rid of a manager. FFS.

It's like Everton fans who would rather we lost than they win.
Original post by Gob Bluth
Crazy reactions in here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The not being able to get Mourinho argument doesn't even come into it. He is practically waiting for the job. Every reliable outlet in the media agree he'd prefer this job over going back to Madrid. All the board have to do is make a call and the negotiations can start.

I honestly don't know how anyone can defend or call this 'a bad run'. Even when we won a few it was with turgid negative football. Out of the CL in an easy group. Out of the COC because of a dreadful 0-0 vs championship opposition. The season has imploded. Pretty much only playing for top 4 (which will look damn unlikely if we lose today) and still people say give him time.

He clearly doesn't know how to get anything more out of the players. It's sad but that's the reality. He simply can't get a response out of them. And you can't sack 11 players as Mourinho learned. It's game over.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
I don't think you can call 4 wins in 16 games ''one bad run''

What is it then jabroni, two bad runs?
Original post by hayles101
The not being able to get Mourinho argument doesn't even come into it. He is practically waiting for the job. Every reliable outlet in the media agree he'd prefer this job over going back to Madrid. All the board have to do is make a call and the negotiations can start.

I honestly don't know how anyone can defend or call this 'a bad run'. Even when we won a few it was with turgid negative football. Out of the CL in an easy group. Out of the COC because of a dreadful 0-0 vs championship opposition. The season has imploded. Pretty much only playing for top 4 (which will look damn unlikely if we lose today) and still people say give him time.

He clearly doesn't know how to get anything more out of the players. It's sad but that's the reality. He simply can't get a response out of them. And you can't sack 11 players as Mourinho learned. It's game over.

Posted from TSR Mobile

dont the players deserve some flak?
Original post by Kenan and Kel
What is it then jabroni, two bad runs?

You're on one lately lol

Explain in detail your thoughts on the matter giving examples to illustrate your point.

(50 Marks)

Original post by SA-1
It's taken two and a half seasons for a lot of the fanbase to start thinking like this :lol:

It's only a matter of time before the Claude and Ty of united will be born, and will publicly humiliate the club with their fickle mentality like they've been doing for Arsenal recently.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still awaiting your thoughts Saturday night's results...

#NoLongTing
Worst thing is that I can feel a hammering tonight, whereas I still had some hope with previous matches. I think tonight may be the end of the road.

**** sake Wazza, use the force.
Original post by scrawlx101
dont the players deserve some flak?

Wasn't that implyed through the 'you can't sack 11 players' comment?

This is the reason Mourinho went.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If we somehow come back and win the league under LVG I'm going to be so happy for you. You'll be the only one who'll be allowed to truly enjoy it.
I got a better chance joining the KKK
Original post by FFTypoCorrector
No, it's nearly half a season bottom half/relegation candidate form.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Half a season, yet 4-5 weeks ago we were top of the league?
Can't wait for tonight's game :redface: I really wish that we turn up and smash them 4-5 nil and go on a mad run but deep deep inside I know its unlikely. I'm just so bored and tired of losing :frown:
When people like Howson suggest Hughes should be the next manager...:biggrin:

So blatant these guys will do anything for an extra 5 seconds of fame.
Original post by Mackay
He almost certainly will. There's a ready made replacement waiting in the wings in Mourinho, but I'm unsure the United board will want the hassle that comes alongside him. Remember their quotes a few years ago, especially Bobby Charlton's. Of course, the club is fairly different these days.

This whole Giggs thing is like a fairytale. People need to get back into reality. Even Pep managed Barca B for a year, whereas Giggs has done nothing but be an assistant to the woeful duo of Moyes and LVG.

We were top because everyone else was awful. We were playing awfully and our results were mediocre yet we were top. Had everyone else showed up, we would be much worse off and never would we have reached top.
Now, the rest have picked themselves up and we can't maintain the grinding of results. Our results have recently been matching our performances unlike earlier on in the season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rk2k14
When people like Howson suggest Hughes should be the next manager...:biggrin:

So blatant these guys will do anything for an extra 5 seconds of fame.

He's the same guy that didn't want to let Falcao go.
His dislike for Mourinho is so great that he'd rather have Mark Hughes.
Just don't listen to him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not because we were good
That was the problem this season.

We got by because we were in a relatively good position due to everyone else doing bad and some fans mistook that for progress.

Once teams picked up pace we were left exposed.
Man lyk RK giving top analysis there.

Latest