Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I had no idea what to say for the comparison between mammalian and frog circulatory systems, I just said something about the frog's being less efficient due to mixed blood & a lower diffusion gradient. It was a six marker as well, I could cry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asinghj)
    I got 3140
    yeah I got 3140 just typed it the wrong way around

ReputationRep:
    I got 3140
    Me too!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think your supposed to say why it's less efficient but why it suits the mammal/frog

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronnydandam)
    it's stupid how only like 20% of all that content is tested... or not even that.
    so much HSW but really badly worded

they must have some new examiners writing these *****y tests

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brownlands)
    The percentage increase was 3140%. The question asked the percentage increase between 51 and 1652. 1652/51=32.39..
    Ans*100=3239
    -100=3139.21...
    3SF=3140%
    Where'd you get -100 from?
    I did (1652-51)/52 * 100 =3140 (3sf)

ReputationRep:
    I got 3140
    Thank the Lord me too

ReputationRep:
    Was it easier than the practice and specimens.

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for the life cycle of the prganism question. I think I got mitosis meiosis mitosis...cant remember c then meiosis for d and e.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, i found that paper to be quite fair, it wasn't exceptionally difficult and it wasn't exceptionally easy.
    There were some weird questions, but it's biology, there are always weird questions.

I just hope I've done well :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Where'd you get -100 from?
    I did (1652-51)/52 * 100 =3140 (3sf)
    So when you're doing a multiplier like 2*1.25, to calculate percentage increase it's 1.25*100-100, to give you 25%. Same concept

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    What did everyone get for the life cycle of the prganism question. I think I got mitosis meiosis mitosis...cant remember c then meiosis for d and e.
    think I got mitosis meiosis mitosis then meiosis mitosis (or other way around)

ReputationRep:
    I found it relatively easy, because biodiversity and classification didn't come up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone think that was quite an easy paper?

Lots of 1 markers for a depth paper lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahmzo)
    Was it easier than the practice and specimens.
    but they had more biology/science content than this crap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahmzo)
    I am a OCR Physics student. My depth exam is on thursday. How many experiments came up? Also were there any repeated topics from the breadth?
    very few, its not like the specimen and practice papers it was more content based imo

ReputationRep:
    For the % increase I added 100% to 3140% so my answer was 3240% as 51/100 * 3240 = 1652(original value)
    Whereas if you times it by 3140% it only gives you 1601 (which isn't the original value)? Idk if this is right but a similar question came up in my business exam and you had to add 100% to the final percentage ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brownlands)
    So when you're doing a multiplier like 2*1.25, to calculate percentage increase it's 1.25*100-100, to give you 25%. Same concept
    How can 51 to 1652 be an increase of 25%?

ReputationRep:
    What grade bounderies for a B grade?? I predict B= 45/70
    C=41/70

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone put for the chi squared conclusion? The bit where you had to say if the results were significant

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 27, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.