Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    for the question about the concentrations x100 i got something like the concentration of the acid squared x 100
    it was like rate= k [y][100y] so thats like rate= k[y]x[y]x100 and thats simplified to rate= k [y]^2 x 100
    This is what i did but it seems really wrong any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me what the topics of each of the 9 questions was felt like i missed a question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bat_man)
    i said reflect plain polarised light in opposite directions.
    i think thats the same thing i put. But considering that it looks like i messed up other questions i think i might have been wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ELCRE)
    Guys would it be silly to make an official complaint to aqa? Some questions were just not fair such as the stitches one. Aqa are really playing with lives, they changed the wording and format of questions for the chem unit 2 paper (chucked in isa & Empa questions as well as one unit 5 question) & I let it go because I thought oh they mustve done it because its a resit paper but they have no excuse for this one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Theres no point people complain every year, the questions were hard for a reason and thats because the government thinks too many people are getting a*s and a's. As long as the questions were related to the specification aqa have done nothing wrong.

ReputationRep:
    **** my life, I was so prepared for this exam, i mean i knew every single topic inside out, and i could do every questions. But i spent way too much time, drawing molecules, and checking my equations and answers ... so i ran out of time, i didnt even have the chance to do the last 25 marks of the exam , i looked at the last question of question 9 and was starting it, since it was 9 marks and ive done a few past papers on similar 's, with my last ''10 Mins'' but i just didnt have enough time to get the answer and wrote nothing in the booklet, since i didnt have the answer.... so i wasted my time on it. Either way i lost 25, from my missed Q's, if i lose 20 marks, ill get a E ... if i lose 10 Ill get C .. Either way i failed it badly and its so annoying since i was , for the first time in my life, really ready for this exam, but all my revision just made me give long winded answers and work things out the harder way ... like one question was 2 mins easy, but i spent 10 mins on it, since my calculator kept giving different answers and i wanted those 3 **** marks , that i wont even get. whcih wasted so much time, that for the first time im my life, i ran out of time and missed Questions.

Feel gutted since i was honestly ready for this exam and if i had maybe 3 hours to do it, im pretty sure i would have gotten A*... feel like the E-C, most likely a D that ill get, wont really show my skill for unit 4 ... such a shame. now ill have to get an A/A* in unit 5 to leave with a crap B/ high C in chem ..

ReputationRep:
    Any thoughts on grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the question for lidocaine. There was a tertiary amine present, therefore react it with HCl to prevent further nucleophilic substitution to the quaternary ammonium salt which could be medically dangerous. Anyone else put anything like that?

ReputationRep:
    Full UMS 94/100
    A* 85/100
    A something less than 85

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeckaH2)
    Agreed, which is ridiculous seeing as the country desperately needs more people in these (and similar) professions!
    They make it trickier every year to get the grades, unfortunately for us, we're the last year with this syllabus so most of the 'easy' questions have already been used. This year was ridiculous though, they pretty much made the whole paper 'different' excluding some questions..

Hardly any marks for any of AS chem / Chem4 tests/mechanisms etc.. I revised them so much and it sucks that there was like 5 marks on it..

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, so it was definitely a worse paper than the past few years but do we have a estimation for grade boundaries? and would 70 realistically get a B? thanks and hope everyone does a bit better in chem 5

ReputationRep:
    Can someone put the topics of each of the 9 questions up please

ReputationRep:
    has anyone made an unofficial markscheme yet

ReputationRep:
    my thought exactly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay Fearn)
    They make it trickier every year to get the grades, unfortunately for us, we're the last year with this syllabus so most of the 'easy' questions have already been used. Hardly any marks for any of AS chem / Chem4 tests/mechanisms etc.. I revised them so much and it sucks that there was like 5 marks on it..
    I thought they'd reuse more questions but maybe change the numbers considering it's the last one of the spec, but no! For the mechanism question that only wanted the first step, I wrote the whole damn thing!! Just didn't have time to think straight, gutted there wasn't more mechanisms as I'd say out of everything that's what I'm most confident with

ReputationRep:
    thoughts*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaya22)
    Attachment 550035

this is the structure for question 9

it was an awful sneaky question guys i know
    I showed all my workings but I didn't get the ether group or final structure right😔 Do you think they'll have marks for showing each group separately?

ReputationRep:
    Apparently what has happened is they have a lot of questions that are slightly obscure that they have not used on previous papers but since this is the last series they have been putting all their unused questions in. Same goes for CHEM1 (which was impossible) and CHEM2 such a pain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bat_man)
    i said reflect plain polarised light in opposite directions.
    99% sure the answer was ' they are non super imposable mirror images of each other

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suits101)
    That's why I doubted my answer, however I've linked the markscheme with the answer below this quote:

Markscheme for reaction with ethanoic acid and nitric acid from a different exam board - only difference is that this is with propanoic acid, page 8 part (d):
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/61528-m...ments-june.pdf
    It wasnt quite the same question though

the OCR question specified 2 products, the AQA one didn't - I think the answer I gave is likely to be accepted but the one above will be the first answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rimstone)
    **** my life, I was so prepared for this exam, i mean i knew every single topic inside out, and i could do every questions. But i spent way too much time, drawing molecules, and checking my equations and answers ... so i ran out of time, i didnt even have the chance to do the last 25 marks of the exam , i looked at the last question of question 9 and was starting it, since it was 9 marks and ive done a few past papers on similar 's, with my last ''10 Mins'' but i just didnt have enough time to get the answer and wrote nothing in the booklet, since i didnt have the answer.... so i wasted my time on it. Either way i lost 25, from my missed Q's, if i lose 20 marks, ill get a E ... if i lose 10 Ill get C .. Either way i failed it badly and its so annoying since i was , for the first time in my life, really ready for this exam, but all my revision just made me give long winded answers and work things out the harder way ... like one question was 2 mins easy, but i spent 10 mins on it, since my calculator kept giving different answers and i wanted those 3 **** marks , that i wont even get. whcih wasted so much time, that for the first time im my life, i ran out of time and missed Questions.

Feel gutted since i was honestly ready for this exam and if i had maybe 3 hours to do it, im pretty sure i would have gotten A*... feel like the E-C, most likely a D that ill get, wont really show my skill for unit 4 ... such a shame. now ill have to get an A/A* in unit 5 to leave with a crap B/ high C in chem ..
    Dude 15/20 marks dropped is like a. a* which world are you in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.