Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    think im slipping back into my depression as i cant find a job for the summer, so i just sit at home binge watching netflix. i need something to do to keep this away.

Okay, so people terrify me. I'm incredibly nervous in social situations, especially when it comes to small talk and stuff.

I have to get a taxi on Monday and I have never felt as anxious. Not because of stranger danger or anything, but because I don't know taxi etiquette or what if the driver talks to me and I don't know what to say etc. Sounds incredibly daft written down but I'm pretty nervous.

Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    I’m doing really badly mentally and I can’t tell anyone (like my psychiatrist or CPN) because I need to be allowed to go back to uni in September

Feel so pathetic and ugly :/
    hate how i look and everything about myself, even hate myself for writing this cos i should just suck it up and get on with it but meh.

~Anon 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Saber :hugs: I know the feeling.

But don't beat yourself up, you have a lot going on right now.

Is there a chance to resit? If so could you get feedback on where it went wrong?
    I emailed the professor and she said there's no resit possible but if I don't understand I should talk to her. I do understand I just don't remember the hundreds (literally) of terms, the whole class is basically just a huge memory test.

How's your job going?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    hate how i look and everything about myself, even hate myself for writing this cos i should just suck it up and get on with it but meh.

~Anon 1
    :hugs: I agree with you (about myself). I admire you for actually posting it - even you're anon it can be difficult posting how you feel about yourself so you shouldn't hate yourself for writing this - you should be proud in some way? Idk if that makes sense. But I hope you feel a lot more confident about yourself in the near future.

Lots of love, :hugs:

ReputationRep:

~Anon 1
    I feel the same. But you're awesome and wonderful and so lovely. :hugs: I promise that you're not pathetic or ugly.

Feeling okaaayyy, managed to get some stuff off my chest which I'm glad I did. Got so much work to do though :/

ReputationRep:
    X
    Going to try my best to reply to you tonight sorry

:hugs: I agree with you (about myself). I admire you for actually posting it - even you're anon it can be difficult posting how you feel about yourself so you shouldn't hate yourself for writing this - you should be proud in some way? Idk if that makes sense. But I hope you feel a lot more confident about yourself in the near future.

Lots of love, :hugs:
    :hugs:
    You do? I always think it sounds pathetic and whiny cos ppl have like proper issues then there is just me :/
    Thank you though lovely, and idk if that will ever happen always feel so self conscious tbh :/
    Thank you lovely, same to you and goodluck with your work :hugs:

(Original post by Airmed)
    I feel the same. But you're awesome and wonderful and so lovely. :hugs: I promise that you're not pathetic or ugly.
    Awww Airmed but you're fantastic :hugs: and i'm not ppl think that but it is not true and im not fishing :/ and you haven't seen me though, im hideous
    but thank you :lovehug: xx

ReputationRep:
    Awww Airmed but you're fantastic :hugs: and i'm not ppl think that but it is not true and im not fishing :/ and you haven't seen me though, im hideous
    but thank you :lovehug: xx
    I know you're not fishing, lovely, but I mean it. :hugs:

:hugs:
    You do? I always think it sounds pathetic and whiny cos ppl have like proper issues then there is just me :/
    Thank you though lovely, and idk if that will ever happen always feel so self conscious tbh :/
    Thank you lovely, same to you and goodluck with your work
    I used to think the same, but it will. Don't worry. Yes I do and noo don't think like that. Everyone has their own problems and everyone's issues are real - its all just dependent on the person. :lovehug: Haha thank you

ReputationRep:
    x
    Haven't spoken to you for awhile, hope your okay lovely :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    Haven't spoken to you for awhile, hope your okay lovely :hugs:
    Hiya :hugs: Sorry, not been posting as much in here due to stuff. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Hiya :hugs: Sorry, not been posting as much in here due to stuff. :hugs:
    It's okay.. :hugs: Hey, you can always whatsapp me if you need a chat. :jumphug:

--

Not been sleeping very well at the moment. Couldn't face getting out of bed this morning. I phoned in sick for work because i felt so ****. How the **** do i explain things to my boss on my return? If its not a certain member of staff they're no going to understand at all.... :cry:

I don't know if spiders can be triggering but spoilered just in case...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I absolutely hate spiders and there are two in my room, really near my bed... one of them just ran off from where it was and now I have no idea where it is. I can ignore them if they're just in the corner of the room but they are so close to where I will be sleeping, and I have a load of cushions on my bed so I am terrified that they will somehow get in there or my bed. Can't they just go away and leave me alone? Nobody else in the house ever has problems with spiders being near their bed, it's as if they are just targeting me

Anon 6

ReputationRep:
    Got a meeting on Thursday about moving into supported accommodation and have heard some bad things about it in general so I'm feeling a bit nervous. Even if it is really terrible I don't think I have much of a choice about it. I really need to move out and this will be my best option for doing so. I'm not even sure how much it will cost a month so I can't even do any budgeting. It is a shared flat with shared toilet and kitchen and shared living room so I doubt it will cost more than £400 a month but that is still half my income and food is really expensive here so I'm not sure how I'll be able to budget for everything. One thing is for sure if I do move out I'll have to give up smoking because it is far too expensive. I'm dreading how hard that will be. I smoke about 20 a day.

At least the accommodation is near to my family so I won't be moving hundreds of miles away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McNuggetsAhoy)
    Got a meeting on Thursday about moving into supported accommodation and have heard some bad things about it in general so I'm feeling a bit nervous. Even if it is really terrible I don't think I have much of a choice about it. I really need to move out and this will be my best option for doing so. I'm not even sure how much it will cost a month so I can't even do any budgeting. It is a shared flat with shared toilet and kitchen and shared living room so I doubt it will cost more than £400 a month but that is still half my income and food is really expensive here so I'm not sure how I'll be able to budget for everything. One thing is for sure if I do move out I'll have to give up smoking because it is far too expensive. I'm dreading how hard that will be. I smoke about 20 a day.

At least the accommodation is near to my family so I won't be moving hundreds of miles away.
    You will be able to get housing benefit to either help pay the rent or fully pay it depending on how much the rent is and your income

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    You will be able to get housing benefit to either help pay the rent or fully pay it depending on how much the rent is and your income

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah, cool. I get so confused with benefits and stuff. Filling in the forms is a nightmare .

Thanks for the help . Hope you are well.

ReputationRep:
    Feel so embarrassed. Got my OCD phrase stuck in my head when I was with friends last night, and was very bad at hiding my panic :/ alcohol is not my friend at the moment

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.