Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Which bank?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I only know that UBS and RBS have a 300 and 320 points requirements respectively for all functions.

For the other banks e.g JP, GS, CS, DB and BarCap they don't mention ucas. Is okay to apply to the banks I mentioned for finance grad with my A-levels grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e^x)
    I only know that UBS and RBS have a 300 and 320 points requirements respectively for all functions.

For the other banks e.g JP, GS, CS, DB and BarCap they don't mention ucas. Is okay to apply to the banks I mentioned for finance grad with my A-levels grades?
    RBS got rid of their ucas point requirement this year, and aren't recruiting for traditional investment banking or trading btw

I would assume so yeah. And even if you don't meet them, may as well apply anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Just did my Lazard numerical and messed the last couple questions up. If you fail do they let you know straight away?

ReputationRep:
    Guys does the test for MS really fall automatically right after you submit ? it's been 10mins >

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by savonarola)
    Guys does the test for MS really fall automatically right after you submit ? it's been 10mins >
    You normally get notified within 48 hours if you've failed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    You normally get notified within 48 hours if you've failed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    no i mean getting the test ....

ReputationRep:
    This new Citi application interface is weird, I want to apply for 2 different programs, but can't update cover letter for the second application. Anyone has experienced this?

ReputationRep:
    yeah, I got mine right after submission

ReputationRep:
    Mine took two days to come . IBD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexjones1994)
    Mine took two days to come . IBD
    thx i was freaking out

ReputationRep:
    thx i was freaking out
    It might be a Sunday thing? I also applied on Sunday and didn't get the test till Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olly_price)
    Lol so basically you think you're 20-odd years old and think you're better than RBC? Get a grip mate. One piece of recurring advice I see given to summer analysts is to not be big headed as it won't get you anywhere.
    thanks for the advice mate lol

its not that big headed to say they're not a priority when they make 10th on the list for all products and dont even make the top 10 for M&A, Equities or Bonds http://markets.ft.com/investmentBank...sAndTrends.asp

ReputationRep:
    RBS got rid of their ucas point requirement this year, and aren't recruiting for traditional investment banking or trading btw

I would assume so yeah. And even if you don't meet them, may as well apply anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for that info. What do u think about making a latex CV, does it have any advantages? My CV is in PDF format.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e^x)
    Thanks for that info. What do u think about making a latex CV, does it have any advantages?

Right my CV is in PDF format.
    Latex is nice because you can structure it fairly well, but it doesn't have any huge advantages.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When I put 2017 as my graduation year in Greenhill application, it asks what are your plans for 2017/18. Do you think it is reasonable to say I plan working? Other options are masters, travel and other without specifying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olly_price)
    Lol so basically you think you're 20-odd years old and think you're better than RBC? Get a grip mate. One piece of recurring advice I see given to summer analysts is to not be big headed as it won't get you anywhere.
    Surely if you aren't Canadian you cant work there anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dante991)
    For pre-university qualifications, did you put your GCSEs after your a levels? because that seems so long to list them all
    nah, no point - they dont really care and its already on your cv

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukaz-42)
    Surely if you aren't Canadian you cant work there anyway?
    gr8 banter, keep it up mate 2/7

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    gr8 banter, keep it up mate 2/7

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At least I can spell great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukaz-42)
    At least I can spell great.
    j'aime le bavarder

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.