[2017] Fastest and slowest offer senders!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0-8-4)
    Applied for Computer Science at Cambridge/Warwick/St Andrews/Imperial/Bath on Wednesday and received an offer from Warwick tonight.
    I applied for Warwicks MEng CompSci too on Tuesday but I havent yet received an offer... what was your offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alipaly23)
    Sent off my UCAS application on Wednesday 😁 I thought I would feel relieved but I feel more anxious than ever!
    Kings - PPE
    Oxford - PPE
    Exeter - PPE
    Kings - War studies
    I have been predicted A*AA but still don't know if that will be good enough!
    I heard Exeter and Kings take forever to get back, is this true? Has anyone been invited for an interview at Kings yet?
    Congrats to all you offer holders!!!
    War studies sounds intriguing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simonbolivar)
    Got an email from Warwick saying they'd got my application at 10 o'clock on Wednesday (12th Oct), then an offer at 12. Got an offer from Bristol the day after . I think that gave me unrealistic expectations lol. I've been checking my emails ever five minutes waiting for the others!
    Congrats.. which course did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryptokyo)
    For what?
    For Newcastle: combined honours.

ReputationRep:
    UCAS finally processed my application and sent it off on Thursday (13th Oct), got acknowledgements from Oxford and St Andrews the following day! Nothing yet from the other three - Manchester, Bristol, or Queens (I'm Northern Irish, hence Queens)

Predicted A*A*A*, got AAAA at AS level, applying for physics or theoretical physics depending on the specific courses available at the universities!

ReputationRep:
    Sucks knowing that I won't have any of opportunity to get offers from Durham, UCL, or Bristol until the 21st of October when LNAT scores are supplied to them.

Name:  not impressed.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  21.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)
    Sucks knowing that I won't have any of opportunity to get offers from Durham, UCL, or Bristol until the 21st of October when LNAT scores are supplied to them.

How do you know when LNAT scores are sent, I thought it was immediately!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sent off my application on the 7th of this month! Cambridge, Warwick, Exeter, Leicester and Lancaster, all to read Law (and Law with Politics at Leicester and Lancaster)😉

No replies yet, but acknowledgements from all of the universities, plus the forms for my Cambridge college (Downing), which I've now completed and sent off (and I've also sent off the SAQ on the 14th).

Exciting times... Hope that they start sending off offers soon! If anyone has any ideas about how long each of my choices might take for offers (especially for Law, as I'm aware that this can be a longer wait than some subjects), please do tell!

Good luck to everyone out there applying, hopefully we'll all get offers from our faves♥

EDIT: I'll list my offers/rejections (hah, even the word makes me nervous) when I get them (if I remember)

1) 17:00 (exactly!) 19/10/16 - Exeter, AAA conditional
    2) 12:45 24/10/16 - Lancaster, AAB/ABB With A in EPQ conditional
    3) 14:46 25/10/16 - Leicester, unconditional (holy crap i wasn't expecting an unconditional ^^" will probs be insurance!!)

ReputationRep:
    Any gotten offers from Edinburgh yet?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received an offer from Sussex, Surrey, Nottingham or Keele yet? I'm sending mine off next week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TelAviv)
    I had some friends who got their Warwick offers for science/maths courses a day or two after they applied, some say they automatically give offers to everyone predicted AAA or above.

I applied to Warwick last year for law and they were the slowest out of all my choices to give me an offer! Didn't hear from them until March even though I applied in October

Warwick maths/science - super speedy
    Warwick humanities - super slow
    I sent my UCAS off on thurs 6th oct and had an offer from Warwick a week later (for history btw)

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have the best predicted, AAA and was thinking i was going to have to wait ages for offers since History is a competitive course but i got UEA (unconditional if firmed) and York within 48 hours of them receiving my application. Good luck to everyone else waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)

Is this the same for all LNAT unis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Someboady)
    I applied for Warwicks MEng CompSci too on Tuesday but I havent yet received an offer... what was your offer?
    A*AA for MEng or AAA for BSc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0-8-4)
    A*AA for MEng or AAA for BSc
    Oh right, so did you apply for the MEng Course? did they specify what the A* had to be in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Someboady)
    Oh right, so did you apply for the MEng Course? did they specify what the A* had to be in?
    Yes I did, and they didn't specify, the just said 'A*AA including mathematics'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioOx)
    Anyone received an offer, yet?
    I sent mine in on 30th September & I've had 2 unconditional offers if I put them as my first choice (Birmingham and Nottingham)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0-8-4)
    Yes I did, and they didn't specify, the just said 'A*AA including mathematics'
    Oh okay awesome! Congratulations! I hope you meet your offer! hopefully I'll get one too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    My brother was projected EED and got a geog offer from Brighton for BBC. Now the acceptance cap is off I'm not worrying too much about this
    What's the acceptance cap?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remaxmac)
    My daughter submitted hers a few days ago. She's international (US) and is hoping to hear back on the earlier side as she's met the requirements for some schools (w/AP tests). The personal statement was tough though so not sure what to expect. Completely different type of writing than is done for applications over here, where the focus is on things like learning from failure, personal background, etc. and telling a story. I prefer the academic/course focus of the UK app--I was calling it the no fluff approach--but we'll see whether it works out for her...
    Meeting the requirements is a given for all that apply. It does not secure an early offer.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.