Turn on thread page Beta

Anime Soc Chat XIV: where bad memes come to die watch

ReputationRep:
    I have a few reviews in my head (as well as a few blog posts), just can't get them written :sigh: Maybe I should invest in that software that lets you talk to the computer :beard:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by caraniel)
    I have a few reviews in my head (as well as a few blog posts), just can't get them written :sigh: Maybe I should invest in that software that lets you talk to the computer :beard:
    Actually, regarding the review thread, when you have time, could you add NieA Under 7 and Rumiko Takahashi Anthology to the review rota. :smile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matisse)
    Actually, regarding the review thread, when you have time, could you add NieA Under 7 and Rumiko Takahashi Anthology to the review rota. :smile:
    Shall do so at lunch time (if AJ doesnt beat me to it :p:)
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by caraniel)
    Shall do so at lunch time (if AJ doesnt beat me to it :p:)
    Thanks. I've been meaning to watch the former and the latter has recently caught my eye. Will endeavour to review both. I have a tendency to review purely from memory, which doesn't help when trying to provide an accurate depiction. This way, I'll have the chance to review something which is fresh in my mind. :smile:

ReputationRep:
    the review thread hasnt been as active as when it was made :erm:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by vin)
    the review thread hasnt been as active as when it was made :erm:
    I've noticed (when reading back), but comparatively, the reviews are far more in-depth and better written now. They were more like passing comments before, not fully fledged reviews. :nah:

ReputationRep:
    those were more fun:huff:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by vin)
    those were more fun:huff:
    We have quite a few active regulars in this society (possibly more than back then). I just hope they aren't put off by the reviews we write, believing they have to deliver the equivalent, when they can write something less nuanced and in-depth. I can also appreciate that some people find it hard to write their thoughts and/or are simply lazy, but even one paragraph would be sufficient. With that being said, I've noticed that the majority of the members in this society prefer to not discuss anime and manga at all, or very minimally, preferring to randomly chat in here instead. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    well tbh that thread was dying before the review format changed anyway :s: so its not like the big reviews of certain people were to blame:hmmm:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by vin)
    well tbh that thread was dying before the review format changed anyway :s: so its not like the big reviews of certain people were to blame:hmmm:
    You included. :yes: - Anyway, I'm just glad that you're reviewing. I think I've given rep twice. I love your writing style and use of smileys (why I find you so cute), so when reading a "larger than your usual" review, I can't help but smile intently. Your Trigun review, while good, didn't have your signature style, though. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    You included. :yes: - Anyway, I'm just glad that you're reviewing. I think I've given rep twice. I love your writing style and use of smileys (why I find you so cute), so when reading a "larger than your usual" review, I can't help but smile intently. Your Trigun review, while good, didn't have your signature style, though. :sad:
    you mean I didnt fill it with jokes:lolwut: unfortunatly I didnt really know what to say about that one its harder to write about a series you liked :s:

Oh thats why no one said anything about it

"larger than usual":emo:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    NieA Under 7
    A great series, though easily the most overlooked of Yoshitoshi ABE's works works. :yes:

Rumiko Takahashi Anthology
    Damn, I remember a while back I was obsessed with getting this, but couldn't find subs anywhere. :s: There might be something out now I suppose, but we might want to check that. Though if Aiko's the one reviewing it, I guess that doesn't matter too much. :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by vin)
    you mean I didnt fill it with jokes:lolwut: unfortunatly I didnt really know what to say about that one its harder to write about a series you liked :s:
    That's true, you were reviewing something you actually liked, as opposed to something like K-ON (that review was hilarious, I remember urging you to write that). Wait, are you suggesting that your [email protected] review will not have any jokes? :sad:

Oh thats why no one said anything about it
    More than likely. :sadnod: :tongue:

"larger than usual":emo:
    I was referring to how you post normally, when you're not writing a review.

(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    A great series, though easily the most overlooked of Yoshitoshi ABE's works works. :yes:
    I'm anticipating this series more now that you've said this (I did notice your rating, and yes, I did check your list, but that's only because you're a primary reviewer). :tongue:

Another director that I'm a fan of, given that I rate many of his works highly (Serial Experiments Lain, Texhnolyze and Haibane Renmei, most notably).

Damn, I remember a while back I was obsessed with getting this, but couldn't find subs anywhere. :s: There might be something out now I suppose, but we might want to check that. Though if Aiko's the one reviewing it, I guess that doesn't matter too much. :p:
    Yeah, this one slipped my radar until I noticed it on A-P (I love this website), especially considering I've read the manga by Takahashi. Thankfully, I managed to find the series via torrent, but this was without subtitles... I didn't begin to think that there wouldn't be any for this series.

ReputationRep:
    Taiga to win Saimoe :excited:

ReputationRep:
    *pokes AniSoc*
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Yeah, this one slipped my radar until I noticed it on A-P (I love this website), especially considering I've read the manga by Takahashi. Thankfully, I managed to find the series via torrent, but this was without subtitles... I didn't begin to think that there wouldn't be any for this series.
    We're in luck - Vision-Anime released the whole series last month apparently.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    Taiga to win Saimoe :excited:

I will always associate this avatar with you, or more precisely, Taiga. She is an extension of Euge. :yes: :tongue:

(Original post by Jehuty^)
    *pokes AniSoc*
    Thanks for befriending me on Last.fm. I decided to sign up recently because a friend over here suggested I should. :smile:

(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    We're in luck - Vision-Anime released the whole series last month apparently.
    Hah, awesome. My suggesting this series must have been a calling. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for befriending me on Last.fm. I decided to sign up recently because a friend over here suggested I should. :smile:
    I'm a sub so I can see who views my profile :teeth:

Your musical compatibility with aikoasahina is Very High

Music you have in common includes Zero 7, Stanton Warriors, Portishead, UNKLE and Lamb

:awesome:

ReputationRep:

I will always associate this avatar with you, or more precisely, Taiga. She is an extension of Euge. :yes: :tongue:

extension lol :giggle:

*saves* :ninja: thanks, will save me time to find it in my external hd cos i had to back it up :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jehuty^)
    *pokes AniSoc*
    :poke:

oh and thanks for the rep Oniiii-chaan :awesome:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.