Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonathon2309)
    You will be supplied with an ironing board and an iron. Though I can't say they'll be the best quality.

What block are you in?
    I'll be in Ragdale and thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammydemon)
    There should be an ironing board. However this begs the question, why do you need either of those things? You're a student!
    True but there may be a day where I need one but not that likely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielletmoss)
    Hey,

So yesterday I received my accommodation details and I'll be in John Foster the coppice, floor 1 flat 12.

Im also going to be studying maths.
    I'm studying Maths too!! Well Maths with Actuarial Science

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, im a Residential Advisor for the university and will be working in the Oadby Student Village from September onwards. I am also studying in the third year of my History degree.

If anyone has any questions about the accommodation just drop me a message.
    hey
    I was allocated a room in John Foster in The Coppice and I was wondering about a few things, how many people are there in each flat? Are we allowed mini fridges? And is the any chance we could see any pics as I have heard it is the older part of John Foster.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Can I just say it's very upsetting that Leicester chose brown carpets for the majority of their rooms

ReputationRep:
    My brother stayed at The Zone and it was amazing !!!
    He had a gym right opposite his room, a cinema room on the second floor and a chill out/games room on the third
    Absolutely loved it!
    It also has a sainsburys next door and a park across the bridge

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goonerette13)
    hey
    I was allocated a room in John Foster in The Coppice and I was wondering about a few things, how many people are there in each flat? Are we allowed mini fridges? And is the any chance we could see any pics as I have heard it is the older part of John Foster.
    thanks
    Hey! In The Coppice there are normally 5 per flat so expect to have 4 other flatmates. The rooms are not dissimilar to those seen on the university accommodation website in the John Foster section, just slightly older.

As far as mini fridges go the electricity outlets in rooms aren't as poweful as they are in the kitchen and using one may run the risk of blowing a fuse, so for that reason you're not supposed to have them. This said as long as it's small and you can keep it hidden when flat visits take place there shouldn't be a problem, (but you didn't hear that from me!).

ReputationRep:
    Hey! In The Coppice there are normally 5 per flat so expect to have 4 other flatmates. The rooms are not dissimilar to those seen on the university accommodation website in the John Foster section, just slightly older.

As far as mini fridges go the electricity outlets in rooms aren't as poweful as they are in the kitchen and using one may run the risk of blowing a fuse, so for that reason you're not supposed to have them. This said as long as it's small and you can keep it hidden when flat visits take place there shouldn't be a problem, (but you didn't hear that from me!).
    Hi do you know when we need to get our bus passes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielle.A)
    Hi do you know when we need to get our bus passes?
    Hey, it's probably a good idea to wait till late September, sometimes there is a promotional offer floating around Facebook that makes them a bit cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, it's probably a good idea to wait till late September, sometimes there is a promotional offer floating around Facebook that makes them a bit cheaper.
    Okay thanks

ReputationRep:
    Digby Hall, Southmeade, First Floor, Room 11... any potential neighbours about?

ReputationRep:
    Opal court anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everybody.

I am moving to Leicester in about a month to study for a PhD and I was wondering whether someone could offer some info about letting an apartment there in the free market, since my girlfriend will be joining me from January and the university doesn't cater to couple. So far I have contacted SULETS and they pointed me towards the summit. Has anybody have any experience of living there? It looks nice and it solves many issues for a newcomer with the amenities it offers so if I get the chance I think it will be a good option. Any advice on how to look elsewhere? I have no prior experience with the housing market in the UK so I have no idea where to start of!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in John Foster Huncote Flr 2 Flat 5?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chriskosto)
    Hi everybody.

I am moving to Leicester in about a month to study for a PhD and I was wondering whether someone could offer some info about letting an apartment there in the free market, since my girlfriend will be joining me from January and the university doesn't cater to couple. So far I have contacted SULETS and they pointed me towards the summit. Has anybody have any experience of living there? It looks nice and it solves many issues for a newcomer with the amenities it offers so if I get the chance I think it will be a good option. Any advice on how to look elsewhere? I have no prior experience with the housing market in the UK so I have no idea where to start of!
    Hey Chris

Just sent you a message about this!

ReputationRep:
    Who are my neighbours? John Foster Hall Barkby Flr 0 Flat 2 Room A!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TragicJohnson)
    Digby Hall, Southmeade, First Floor, Room 11... any potential neighbours about?
    Any specific block?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chriskosto)
    Hi everybody.

Other places you could consider:
    - Code
    - Queen's Street Apartments
    - Clyde Court
    - Rutland Street apartments (can't remember the name of the actual building)
    - The Tan House
    And if you do a google search there are literally loads. My lettings agent is called Barkers, I would recommend them.

(Me and my husband are both full-time undergrad students in Leicester.)

ReputationRep:
    Hey is anyone still without student accommodation let me know! student accommodation available. Contact me for details! First come first serve

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pchand)
    Hey is anyone still without student accommodation let me know! student accommodation available. Contact me for details! First come first serve

hi what apartments have you got left

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.