Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NielsBohrsDad)
    The yield would decrease yeah??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Decrease for the one to do with the collision theory?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali_Ludley)
    It is in fact 3,7-dimethyloct-3-ene.

Its this because the double bond must be on the smallest numbered carbon possible (In this case number 3 carbon) and then take the longest chain (8 carbons = octene) and then put the other groups in which is 2 methyl groups left on the 3rd and 7th carbon.

And there we have it.
    Oh dear... i have a feeling that i didn't do very well in this exam Thanks though, i get it now.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone can upload either the paper or an unofficial mark scheme or both it would be very much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexandra82)
    If anyone can upload either the paper or an unofficial mark scheme or both it would be very much appreciated
    agreed. what do people think.the boundaries will be like? realistically

ReputationRep:
    For the pre-release dot cross diagram of N2O, i drew it completely wrong so i know i didn't get those marks but i interpreted the shape of the molecule that i had drawn correctly in the next question, would i get error carried forward marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super121)
    Wasn't there a question where we had to talk about the collision theory as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, after the equilibrium question it said how would increasing the temp effect the rate of the reaction
    Rising the remp would increase rate of reaction as more particles will have the energy to react, this means there are more usccussful collisions per unit of time.

It then said, would the rate of the backward reaction increase or fall
    I said it would increase as that's what seemed right haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigerz)
    Yeah, after the equilibrium question it said how would increasing the temp effect the rate of the reaction
    Rising the remp would increase rate of reaction as more particles will have the energy to react, this means there are more usccussful collisions per unit of time.

It then said, would the rate of the backward reaction increase or fall
    I said it would increase as that's what seemed right haha
    Yea, I wrote all of that, just couldn't remember what the question was asking. I said increase too for that question because it was asking about rate of reaction, not yield, which I believe caught a few people out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super121)
    Yea, I wrote all of that, just couldn't remember what the question was asking. I said increase too for that question because it was asking about rate of reaction, not yield, which I believe caught a few people out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same! I was gonna write about the yield and then I remembered rate and equilibrium are different
    Yeah I just assumed that if the rate of the forward increases so will the backward...

ReputationRep:
    For the N20 dot and cross diagram, I had all the electrons drawn right, but i also included the arrow to show the dative bond ;/ - Will this con me marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fillly)
    For the N20 dot and cross diagram, I had all the electrons drawn right, but i also included the arrow to show the dative bond ;/ - Will this con me marks?
    I don't think it'll con marks as long as you represented the dative bond as dots/crosses and not only the line

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So the resit for this paper will be next june right? As they have now scrapped all january exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnviroProtector)
    So the resit for this paper will be next june right? As they have now scrapped all january exams
    Yeah, june only

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnviroProtector)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What are those papers in your avatar? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    What effect did the increase in temp have on the REVERSE reaction?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ActaNonVerba)
    Increases rate

ReputationRep:
    No one ever made an unofficial markscheme for this or f331 did they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgehigginson)
    No one ever made an unofficial markscheme for this or f331 did they?
    No they didn't George

ReputationRep:
    Guys, for the bond shape one I wrote:
    - Linear
    - 2 areas of electron density
    - around the central N atom
    - electrons repel to get as far apart as possible.

But for some stupid reason I also wrote:
    - there is a lone pair, which reduces the bond angle by 2.5 degrees, thus it is 177.5 degree bond angle.

Do you think I will still get all three marks? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ActaNonVerba)
    It's in dynamic equilibrium. Therefore, forward rate = backwards rate. If the forward rate increases (as we'd just written the Q before), then the backwards rate also has to increase.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StephenNaulls)
    Guys, for the bond shape one I wrote:
    - Linear
    - 2 areas of electron density
    - around the central N atom
    - electrons repel to get as far apart as possible.

But for some stupid reason I also wrote:
    - there is a lone pair, which reduces the bond angle by 2.5 degrees, thus it is 177.5 degree bond angle.

Do you think I will still get all three marks? :/
    It may con a mark, but you'll defo get at least 2 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 29, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.