Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Describe The Person Above You Generation X watch

• View Poll Results: [MULTIPLE VOTES ALLOWED!!] Who would you like to meet face to face?
    This Honest
    41.67%
    The Epicurean
    20.83%
    Ranbow99
    25.00%
    L'Evil Fish
    37.50%
    Olympiad
    29.17%
    Malevolent
    37.50%
    Boumavilla
    12.50%
    ZRO
    29.17%
    Stevo F
    20.83%
    The Mad Dog
    12.50%
    Simran Mars Foster
    12.50%
    Beeninetytwo
    25.00%
    ipoop
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    For example tennis; I go to watch the GOAT play and I cheer him on, as does all his fans. When he wins, no one proclaims it to be their win... No matter how hard they've cheered, they don't claim to have helped him win in any way :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good point no idea why but I just do anyway. I've spent quite a bit on watching the team I like and buying merchandise so guess its just a thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    You two should be able to answer this...

Why, do fans of sports teams always say "We won" or "we lost" why they "we"? I understand the passion and the fact that we pay their wages but in truth, we aren't part if the team :holmes: we have a stake but we aren't really effective on the pitch :holmes: I've always struggled saying "we won" and actually mean it :beard:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I guess it's because football is a team game the outcome of the game depends on more than 1 person. In tennis, the player is riding solo.

ReputationRep:
    ^not true, I play more doubles than singles when I play tennis

ReputationRep:
    ^ Being difficult sshhhh
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I miss tennis :moon:

The sunshine beating on my face, the sweat, constantly getting tennis balls over the fence...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SecretDuck)

The sunshine beating on my face, the sweat, constantly getting tennis balls over the fence...
    Sounds like you were a pro :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    ^:wavey:

There's loads of places to play Tennis in London :holmes: Overpriced but still... Sunshine? You weren't playing in sunny ol' London then :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I has decide that I will run the 2015 Marathon :ahee: Paris and London if my applications are successful :moon:

ReputationRep:
    @mastermind you likes nature/animals. Probably has a domestic pet, cat/dog - possibly even a hamster. They are logical and enjoy completing maths sums, especially suduko. They aspire to be intelligent but are also modest when describing your ability to others around you.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Sounds like you were a pro :laugh:
    Yeah, I certainly beat the class! :lol:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    not really, I was the worst

(Original post by ipoop)
    ^:wavey:

There's loads of places to play Tennis in London :holmes: Overpriced but still... Sunshine? You weren't playing in sunny ol' London then :mmm:
    It was in the heat of summer - can't stand to play in the winter :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    I has decide that I will run the 2015 Marathon :ahee: Paris and London if my applications are successful :moon:
    You have an odd sense of humor which makes others think you're interesting/quirky in your own little way. You are very patriotic person -and value traditional values/cultures over modern ones.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I certainly beat the class! :lol:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    not really, I was the worst

It was in the heat of summer - can't stand to play in the winter :afraid:
    There there ungifted child at tennis

I love playing sports in winter. Especially Tennis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student#123)
    You have an odd sense of humor which makes others think you're interesting/quirky in your own little way. You are very patriotic person -and value traditional values/cultures over modern ones.
    :ahee: You did your research... how long have you been stalking me? :beard:
    There there ungifted child at tennis

I love playing sports in winter. Especially Tennis.
    Running in winter feels so good :coma: When it snows :ahee: the warmth :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)

I love exercising in winter. Do you run long distance or short distance Poop?

ReputationRep:
    I love exercising in winter. Do you run long distance or short distance Poop?
    10k on most days, did 8k yesterday :holmes: I have never ran over 15k.. I am doing 20k tomorrow though, I have something to collect at Debenhams and I want to jog there and back :ahee:

But I will start my marathon training in September., one year and half is more than enough to be in top shape for the 26 miles What do you do?

In other news :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)

I just looked at your avatar and name and figured it out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    10k on most days, did 8k yesterday :holmes: I have never ran over 15k.. I am doing 20k tomorrow though, I have something to collect at Debenhams and I want to jog there and back :ahee:

But I will start my marathon training in September., one year and half is more than enough to be in top shape for the 26 miles What do you do?

In other news :mmm:

Duckmobile? :laugh:
    Oh man impressive! I myself am short distance i usually try do 5k most days then focus on shorter distances like 60m sprints and 40 yard dashes. Thats pretty awesome that your gonna do the marathon lots of time to prepare for it too!

ReputationRep:
    Oh man impressive! I myself am short distance i usually try do 5k most days then focus on shorter distances like 60m sprints and 40 yard dashes. Thats pretty awesome that your gonna do the marathon lots of time to prepare for it too!
    I love the sprints so much I feel so refreshing :moon:

Yea it's just something I have to get out of the way before I'm 25 And I just hope I don't injure myself or anything, that's really why I decided 2015 instead of the next one in 2014.. my knees have a history of messing me up bad so I have to be cautious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    I love the sprints so much I feel so refreshing :moon:

Yea it's just something I have to get out of the way before I'm 25 And I just hope I don't injure myself or anything, that's really why I decided 2015 instead of the next one in 2014.. my knees have a history of messing me up bad so I have to be cautious
    Sprinting is my thing not long distance. Hoping to get back into 100m and 200m shape soon. Although I wouldn't mind just being fast over 60m since that's all i really need for American Football.

I tore my ACL a year and a half ago so you gotta be careful with knees. Lots of things can go wrong with them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student#123)
    I just looked at your avatar and name and figured it out!
    I see :beard:I didn't know my avatar revealed so much about me :holmes:
    Sprinting is my thing not long distance. Hoping to get back into 100m and 200m shape soon. Although I wouldn't mind just being fast over 60m since that's all i really need for American Football.

I tore my ACL a year and a half ago so you gotta be careful with knees. Lots of things can go wrong with them
    I normally do 1k sprints, I genuinely don't like short distances :dontknow:

That must have hurt :console: Too many things can go wrong with them, fragile *******s! :rant:

You play AF :beard: I did not know that... Are they many places here for amateurs? :beard: Do you normally play with ribbons attached to the waist or full on?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.