Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Player of the season: Cazorla

Flop of the season: Bendtner (he flopped so hard it becomes relevant even from 1000miles away) Otherwise, its Santos that wins this award by a country mile

Most improved player of the season: Ramsey
    Defender (Carl), Midfielder (Aaron), Attacking (Theo)

Signing of the season: Santi Cazorla :coma:

Game of the season: Arsenal 5-2 Spurs (haven't really had many standout games this season unlike last)

Goal of the season: Lukas Podolski vs Montpellier

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal:
    Wigan
    Newcastle

Tottenham:
    Chelsea
    Stoke
    Sunderland

Chelsea:
    Tottenham
    Villa
    -Benfica-
    Everton

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imthe12)
    Arsenal:
    Wigan
    Newcastle

Tottenham:
    Chelsea
    Stoke
    Sunderland

Chelsea:
    Tottenham
    Villa
    -Benfica-
    Everton
    We definitely have the easiest schedule although they are fighting relegation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisconcertingWink1)
    Well, if Spu*s lose one of their fixtures, we can afford to draw one of our games.
    Complacency, I ****ing love it. Keep at it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    We definitely have the easiest schedule although they are fighting relegation
    Wigan will be a very tough game, plus we ain't got giroud. I think wilshere should start, because
    the longer the clock ticks, the more nervous all the fans get.
    I think the spurs vs chelsea won't end in draw, probably end up in someone winning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imthe12)
    Wigan will be a very tough game, plus we ain't got giroud. I think wilshere should start, because
    the longer the clock ticks, the more nervous all the fans get.
    I think the spurs vs chelsea won't end in draw, probably end up in someone winning.
    We want chelsea to win

I would put walcott up top or even gervinho (seems like the only forward who tries to get in positions to score which he does beautifully but his end product isnt great - tbh I think the only reason people get really frustrated with gervinho is because of that - when the others dont get into positions like that, they dont get complained at). Podolski has been really bad up front.

I would keep wilshere on the bench to make sure he is ready for next season - maybe put him in as a sub.

One more point I would like to make is although cazorla isnt as good on the left than in the centre - as a team we are better as we have more than one creative outlet. Hopefully Wilshere will be able to play the role rosicky is playing and maybe add jovetic as another creative player since wilshere isnt a playmaker and rosicky wont be able to play every game

ReputationRep:
    15 Signs You're an Arsenal Fan

Haha what do you guys think?

p.s. I didn't even know Tottenham are actaully from Middlesex!

ReputationRep:
    I hope the remy reports are bull, itll just be another countless millions spent on a player that will need replacing the season after (giroud/padolski)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    If rvp has any respect and love for arsenal whatsoever, he will **** Chelsea up tomorrow.
    ****ing Judas ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dami_O)
    15 Signs You're an Arsenal Fan

Haha what do you guys think?

p.s. I didn't even know Tottenham are actaully from Middlesex!
    'London' as a jurisdiction (iirc) has only existed since the very late 19th century. So happened that in the 1920s when Arsenal moved, the neighbouring boroughs of Islington and Haringey were in the 'County of London' and Middlesex respectively. Pre 1965 (the year Tottenham technically became part of 'London') the rivalry was still there though, the grounds are four miles apart.

By the way, the video's horrible.

ReputationRep:
    well fernandinho just announced he wants to move to city to help him get into the brazil world cup squad. Looks like city have started business early

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    He sacked harry for not getting in the CL, I dont think AVB is a better manager then harry
    AVB deffo is. He's going to bigger and better things. And he's only 35!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    He sacked harry for not getting in the CL, I dont think AVB is a better manager then harry
    I think he is. He lost an irreplaceable player in modric and replaced him with a quality player in dembele, the team are playing well, he's rotating the squad and is on a similar points tally to last season without top players like modric and van der vaart. He knows the tactical side of the game well(why he was able to get points vs united and city) while harry is just a great motivator. He doesn't rotate the team and has one cup in his whole managerial career for a reason...

(Original post by yaboy)
    Who was that ruud gullit lookalike playing for chelsea?
    Ruud gullit.
    Na his name is nathan ake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Still pretty disrespectful
    Not really, I'd do the same thing, you have nothing to play for, you want a few players to have a chance to assess their futures or roles next season why not play them in a high profile game.

ReputationRep:

lol.

ReputationRep:
    Allow the talksport video.

ReputationRep:
    Still jokes though.

ReputationRep:
    Was at Loftus Road on Saturday, last time I was there was for a dire Championship match vs Doncaster that cost me 15 quid and this time the quality was barely better Atmosphere was absolutely dire from the QPR as you might expect, and Loftus Road's away seating is as bad as it gets in terms of view quality but the result was crucial.

The overall performance was poor although defensively we were fantastic again. Koscielny, Szczesny, Mert,Walcott, Rosicky were good, with Koscielny unplayable really. Monreal, Cazorla, Podolski were poor however and its pretty clear that Podolski is not capable of leading the line for us.

The Chelsea result throws a spanner in the works for us though big time as they can afford to get beaten vs Spurs now and with Bale playing like he is, that's not impossible. Would happily settle for 4th now so hoping for a Chelsea win.

The QPR game was really dull, I agree. :yawn: I have to note that I was pretty disappointed by Ramsey, I thought he really dropped off after a couple of pretty solid performances. Rosicky was brilliant for the most part, though (apart from tailing off in the second half, like most of the team) - I'd say he merits selection over Wilshere based on more than just fitness at the moment. Hoping that Wilshere develops into a replacement for him rather than Diaby tbh (although the added dimension of being able to carry the ball through a crowd is certainly a big plus; it's the release that's really important and largely been lacking in our Rosicky-exclusive squads).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    The QPR game was really dull, I agree. :yawn: I have to note that I was pretty disappointed by Ramsey, I thought he really dropped off after a couple of pretty solid performances. Rosicky was brilliant for the most part, though (apart from tailing off in the second half, like most of the team) - I'd say he merits selection over Wilshere based on more than just fitness at the moment. Hoping that Wilshere develops into a replacement for him rather than Diaby tbh (although the added dimension of being able to carry the ball through a crowd is certainly a big plus; it's the release that's really important and largely been lacking in our Rosicky-exclusive squads).
    The game wasnt played at a particularly high intensity so that didnt really suit Ramsey. His knockdown for Arteta was intelligent I guess but that was the highlight of his game. Seemed to fall into old habits of not really knowing what his role was after a very targeted couple of performances vs Everton/Norwich/Utd.

Rosicky didnt do an awful lot, which is understandable given how little we pressed after scoring, but it was all quality. Did very well for the goal and his spacial awareness and intelligence with the ball was typically impressive. Some nice little flicks with Cazorla early doors also looked promising but Santi never really got into the game properly and then just looked tired and lethargic on the ball 2nd half. I think Rosicky + Wilshere would function very well together but we've barely seen them together(and I mean ever).

Could see Rosicky playing until he's 35+ at a high level so I'm glad we have him, he's a luxury squad player.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.