Report 5 years ago
Greetings from sunny Spain!

H Chemistry - B
H Computing - A
H English - A
H Maths - B
H Music - A

I'm so pleased with this as I was expecting ABBBC or even ABBBD

Well done everyone else on their amazing results!
sophierae
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey anyone managed to add clearing choice, I got accepted by heriot-watt uni and can''t seem to find how to add it into track :/ help
Attached files
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by ManicPumpkin)
Greetings from sunny Spain!

H Chemistry - B
H Computing - A
H English - A
H Maths - B
H Music - A

I'm so pleased with this as I was expecting ABBBC or even ABBBD

Well done everyone else on their amazing results!
Fantastic, man! Well done! Now celebrate in style on your holiday :woo:
ScottishDan
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ecosse_14)
I know I said that could be the case and to phone them but wasn't actually expecting that to happen. Hope it doesn't **** up your accommodation too much. How come it will take up to a week though? They should be able to make you unconditional fairly quickly.
Neither did I! She said probably within 2 days but it could take up to next Tuesday. Not sure why!
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
(Original post by sophierae)
Hey anyone managed to add clearing choice, I got accepted by heriot-watt uni and can''t seem to find how to add it into track :/ help
You won't be able to add a Clearing choice until half 2 today
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
(Original post by ScottishDan)
Neither did I! She said probably within 2 days but it could take up to next Tuesday. Not sure why!
Well Track goes back down on Friday so it really should be before then!
animisha
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My son received F's on all three courses he took at college this year. His prelims were at C or D, but his NABS since the prelims were all very good - As and Bs, plus his 'folder work' (that is, essays etc) all had very good grades. Does the SQA accept NABS and assignments markings as part of the evidence? We are waiting to hear from Inverness College to see if he is on the appeals list.
ScottishDan
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
Ah, that sucks! I've never heard of that happening before. But hey, at least you know you've met your conditions and you're off to uni once you get your results sorted.
I'm surprised it'll take as long as a week!

Sorry that it's so unfair, but don't let that get you down. It's still time to celebrate great results regardless! :woo:
Yeah I know, just my luck. It's just so frustrating really! Hopefully it won't take that long to fix..
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
(Original post by animisha)
My son received F's on all three courses he took at college this year. His prelims were at C or D, but his NABS since the prelims were all very good - As and Bs, plus his 'folder work' (that is, essays etc) all had very good grades. Does the SQA accept NABS and assignments markings as part of the evidence? We are waiting to hear from Inverness College to see if he is on the appeals list.
NABs not so much since they're at the basic pass level and aren't actually graded. For his additional work, if it was done under exam conditions and the teacher has some sort of marking scheme then it could be taken into consideration but the prelims will be the core of the appeal. Hopefully he is successful in appealing, let us know how he does!
animisha
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Fingers crossed. He is at a loss as to how he could have done so badly as he said he felt good about the exams, wrote pages and pages - it wasn't like he didn't answer the questions. :-/
ohsnapitsmela
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey everyone. Hope you all got what you wanted/ needed! Got 3 A's, exceeding the conditions of my uni offer :mmm:
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
(Original post by animisha)
Fingers crossed. He is at a loss as to how he could have done so badly as he said he felt good about the exams, wrote pages and pages - it wasn't like he didn't answer the questions. :-/
That's a shame :sad: Not the end of the world though! Does he have plans for next year/what his next steps are?
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
(Original post by ohsnapitsmela)
Hey everyone. Hope you all got what you wanted/ needed! Got 3 A's, exceeding the conditions of my uni offer :mmm:
Nice one, congrats!
Hype en Ecosse
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ohsnapitsmela)
If only there was some way you could adjust your course choice if you meet and exceed your offer for you to consider.
Congratulations! Absolutely fantastic grades.
katherine96
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Higher Biology- A
Chemistry- A
Physics- A
Maths- A
English- A
Sooo pleased! Can't quite believe I did that! Maybe they sent me the wrong certificate
animisha
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well, he was offered a conditional place on HNC computing, needs one grade C in only one higher. His SAAS and everything is all set up. I'm away to the Sabhal Mor Ostaig to finish my third year, so this course and the student loan was going to enable him to stay here and me go away. The level of bursary for taking highers here on Lewis will not be high enough to live on, so I hope he can find some work - which is not easy at the moment.
LionKing1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Since most people in Scotland do 5 Highers will universities still give me offers even though I only did four but got straight As, also is there an chances of a unconditional for (engineering)?
Craigenhogen
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just got my results certificate and I got a one for all aspects!!! No twos in sight! **** YEAH!
Pennyarcade
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by katherine96)
Higher Biology- A
Chemistry- A
Physics- A
Maths- A
English- A
Sooo pleased! Can't quite believe I did that! Maybe they sent me the wrong certificate
Wow thats exceptional! well done !!
ashton96
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, higher results have came at last - 2 a's and 3 b's so pretty happy, although my first choice is primary teaching at strathclyde uni. I know their minimum requirements are 3 as and a b for their new ba course, do you reckon there is a good chance of me getting a conditional for this course?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (17)
94.44%
No (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads