Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    People Bart's Is open till 23 December 2013 .... OMG And then I think 2/3 January .. From Facebook QM admissions may be wrong....
    Xmas will be a brief respite or in deep agony ...... Lord save the queen and country and me???? Pretty please

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I realize I'm moaning but there has to got to be a better way of ranking people then by a silly test which has nothing to do with medical capability.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confuzzledvee)
    I realize I'm moaning but there has to got to be a better way of ranking people then by a silly test which has nothing to do with medical capability.
    Amen to that, UKCAT is the most useless thing invented.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nana96)
    my ukcat is 737.5 and my ucas tariff is 570, isit likely I will get rejected? please be honest thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not 100% certain but you'll most likely get an interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nhta112)
    oh well, this is what I worked out :
    600 tariff 2900 UKCAT
    736 tariff 2520 UKCAT
    SO, 136 tariffs for 380 UKCAT
    ==> each 10 tariffs you need less 27.9 UKCAT ( only work if your tariffs are between 600 and 736 )
    For example, 660 needs 2732 UKCAT to fall into the middle range
    For a tariff of 660 from your method wouldn't it be a UKCAT of 2687
    Because 380/136 would give the number of UCAS tariff points per ukcat point
    Then times (380/136) by 60
    Then plus that answer onto 2520
    And it comes out as 2687?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CW84)
    I'm a maths grad that's applied to both courses at Barts, UKCAT 792.5. How about you?
    Wow you have a great UKCAT score

Biomedical Science: 1st
    UKCAT: 740

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivosk)
    Yep I've applied for a100 and a101 :cool:
    Sameeee

Its a waiting game for us lol

ReputationRep:
    Undergraduate applicant:

730 UKCAT
    735 Tariff

Heard nothing yet, holding onto some hope. However, QM is one of my lower choices and so far, I'm not very impressed by their admin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by petzneo)
    Yep... i have heard a thing - waiting for the rejection
    feel the same way like you do lets just hope its good news though *fingers crossed*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuparNoob)
    Undergraduate applicant:

730 UKCAT
    735 Tariff

Heard nothing yet, holding onto some hope. However, QM is one of my lower choices and so far, I'm not very impressed by their admin.
    Good luck your stats are very good but dont know why QM are being harsh this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aelith)
    My head teacher called them, so did I. They do not feel that the French students have completed enough hours of Biology compared to other subjects. Which is completely insane their thinking as someone from my school last year just entered in cambridge for medicine. I asked them by email in August and they said it was totally fine, lies. And i took the ukCAt just for them. I feel deeply betrayed, I Could have applied instead for Plymouth. Urg. Now fingers crossed on bristol and Liverpool as they both accept the OIB. So just to tell future EU applicants that don't take the IB., don't apply to Barts. They aren't open.
    That's absolutely awful. I full letter of complaint needs to be written. It's not fair to tell you that your qualifications are fine when 'they are not' (which I think is complete ****. Good luck with Bristol and Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    Well after reading all of this I am getting rather nervous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by science-oliver)
    For a tariff of 660 from your method wouldn't it be a UKCAT of 2687
    Because 380/136 would give the number of UCAS tariff points per ukcat point
    Then times (380/136) by 60
    Then plus that answer onto 2520
    And it comes out as 2687?
    I took 380/136 x60 from 2900 which is 2732

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nhta112)
    I took 380/136 x60 from 2900 which is 2732
    Ahhhh I see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by science-oliver)
    Ahhhh I see
    Guys you do realise this is pointless...calculating it from the mean scores given an interview...no one really knows exactly how they calculate it and I think it's more to do with rankings (i.e. they rank the UCAS and UKCAT and you need to get above a certain threshold in both) rather than your raw score! Hence seeing as everyone scored so highly on the UKCAT, the UCAS tariff ranking would probably play a bigger role in selection even though the weighting is 50:50. But this is all speculation, when interviews are sent out then we can know for sure.

ReputationRep:
    Well rejected from Barts last Friday... My stats were not anywhere near some people here and I sort of expected it but still wondering... Didn't a single soul get an interview from Bart's ???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StephenNaulls)
    Why did I get rejected with 710 and 2,840?! I might get my Head of Sixth to ring up as they were not helpful with me at all. Ugh, I don't know what to do.
    Hi
    Can someone help me to calculate my sons tariff.
    applied for QM still no reply.
    UKCAT 845
    A2 Predictions 5A*
    AS 5As
    IGCSE 9A*
    EU Student

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deep05)
    Hi
    Can someone help me to calculate my sons tariff.
    applied for QM still no reply.
    UKCAT 845
    A2 Predictions 5A*
    AS 5As
    IGCSE 9A*
    EU Student

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. Is this anywhere closer to QM's selection criteria.

ReputationRep:
    I got 632 UCAS tariff points, so using the stats previously posted, my UCAS points are in the mid range, but my UKCAT is only 667.5, do I have any chance? Plus do they look at personal statement?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.