Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Nicee, might have to PM you every now and again
    Go for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pandora.)
    Ah, fair enough. Nice subjects, there are a lot of scientists on this thread.

I have Maths and History homework to do. There's not too much, but it's difficult after the long break. Yeah, I've written a first draft of mine but I'll still need to do another soon. Which course is this for?
    To be honest, I'm not completely sure what courses it was written for. It's a mixture of bio, chem and some physics, so it was sort of written for Natural Science course for Cambridge. (I fear I can't live up to the competition for Cambridge). I'm not sure what other courses or universities I'd apply to though..

All courses seem interesting, but they are all different in some way and I don't want to make a mistake of choosing something that I end up really not liking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Good to hear!

Charlie came back a few days ago, as did ElMoro and Cubic. :yep:
    ElMoro and Charlie eh?

Blast from the past is an understatement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    actually don't think it'll be as bad as everyone says ! its different for me as i'm not retaking anything , but the actual A2 exams i reckon will be the same as AS except maybe the content will be more and/or harder to understand. i know this is the case with Maths next year ( not looking forward to C3 and C4 )
    aye I understand you. A lot of the content of the subjects I'm taking for A2 is really mind boggling :confused:. It won't be as bad as everyone is thinking it might be, just have to put in a lot of hard work and dedication from the start I suppose. AND REVISE MORE. I was SO close to failing this year. good luck anyway with maths-I know that its extremely hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilGem)
    For any newcomers to the thread, I posted regularly on last years and will happily provide guidance or help in biology or economics at A2 level so don't hesitate in asking

Could i have some advice on my thread which i posted before, thanks

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2440931

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophF_rth)
    yeah, I feel the same! But 2 years till uni sounds quite a while! What are you planning on doing on your gap year?

I'm just focussing on AS becuase I'm not going to do any of the A2 modules this year. If the Jan exams still existed I might have actually resat a couple full AS subjects! But it does get a bit complicated.
    I might want to get an internship somewhere, work, and go abroad!

Great plan! :yep: Really hope you do well the second time round

(Original post by Lucy96)
    Places like Madame Tussauds, the Natural History Museum, the London Dungeon, go on the London Eye, and I'm going to London Zoo as I have an adopted giraffe there Just sightseeing really
    Ooohh lovely! NHM is in a really posh area and it's next to the Science Museum and Royal Albert Hall, so you might want to check those place out too Imperial is there too. I'm actually going Central on Monday to visit The Shard

Have fun! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Will one of you kind Y13s please explain to me how UCAS points work and translate to grades at AS and A2 as I have actually no idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    Will one of you kind Y13s please explain to me how UCAS points work and translate to grades at AS and A2 as I have actually no idea
    At AS your UCAS points are half of the same grade at A2 e.g. at AS an A is 60 points whereas at A2 it's 120.

On the UCAS website there is a tarriff explaining what points equate to what grades http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works.../tariff-tables

ReputationRep:
    At AS your UCAS points are half of the same grade at A2 e.g. at AS an A is 60 points whereas at A2 it's 120.

On the UCAS website there is a tarriff explaining what points equate to what grades http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works.../tariff-tables
    Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou
    It's okay

you wouldn't have to worry about points unless a university specifically states so, normally points are offered from lower ranking universities :yep:

ReputationRep:
    It's okay

you wouldn't have to worry about points unless a university specifically states so, normally points are offered from lower ranking universities :yep:
    haha it's for a friend of mine who want's to do primary education

ReputationRep:
    haha it's for a friend of mine who want's to do primary education
    oh fair enough I have a friend starting primary ed this year

ReputationRep:
    oh fair enough I have a friend starting primary ed this year
    Where at? and what did she take? my friend wants to take Art double award and psychology/English so i'm not sure where will accept him etc as the Art might be BTEC

ReputationRep:
    Where at? and what did she take? my friend wants to take Art double award and psychology/English so i'm not sure where will accept him etc as the Art might be BTEC
    Oxford Brookes, she took RS, Psychology and combined english

ReputationRep:
    Oxford Brookes, she took RS, Psychology and combined english
    thanks i'm trying to find some info for him whilst he's on holiday :lol:

ReputationRep:
    thanks i'm trying to find some info for him whilst he's on holiday :lol:
    It's okay

Another one of my friends is now going into her final year at Winchester took history, biology and psychology I think

ReputationRep:
    It's okay

Another one of my friends is now going into her final year at Winchester took history, biology and psychology I think
    Okay well it looks like a lot actually accept BTEC so they should accept a mix right? I'll just make sure he gets his head down and gets DD in his art! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Okay well it looks like a lot actually accept BTEC so they should accept a mix right? I'll just make sure he gets his head down and gets DD in his art! :lol:
    good to hear :yep: and they should

Best of luck to him (and you!) :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    good to hear :yep: and they should

Best of luck to him (and you!) :awesome:
    haha thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pandora.)
    I'm kind of feeling the same right now.

What area are you thinking of?
    I want to do biology because I've really enjoyed it this year and would love it study it at a higher level, but at the same time I can't bring myself to stop learning French and would love to live abroad for a year which you can do with a French degree. I could obviously combine them but I'm not sure what career prospects that would give me. :ashamed2:

How about you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.