I sent my UCAS off on 18th November. Heard from SOAS on 24th Feb

What did you apply for?
    what course?

haven't applied there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mmz)
    what course?

haven't applied there

Oh, sorry, thought you had applied to SOAS given you asked earlier in the thread :L or do you mean you've not applied to Sussex?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wozzle)
    Oh, sorry, thought you had applied to SOAS given you asked earlier in the thread :L or do you mean you've not applied to Sussex?
    nah i didnt apply for uni as i thought i would be taking a gap year but if my course is in clearing at a good uni i might go ahead!
    soas was in clearing last year....hoping the same this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mmz)
    nah i didnt apply for uni as i thought i would be taking a gap year but if my course is in clearing at a good uni i might go ahead!
    soas was in clearing last year....hoping the same this year
    Fair enough, sounds sensible...! Hopefully see you there then best of luck with your exams this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by czechmishaout)
    I've received 2 offers so far, both unconditionals. And while I'm sooooo happy about this, I know I'll be so much more disappointed when Edinburgh and St Andrews reject me Those offers boosted my ego to the sky, the fall is going to hurt!
    Congratulations on the two unconditionals, which uni's are they for? I'm also waiting for Edinburgh to do Politics, yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wozzle)
    Fair enough, sounds sensible...! Hopefully see you there then best of luck with your exams this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you 2 man

what you studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reformed2010)
    Congratulations on the two unconditionals, which uni's are they for? I'm also waiting for Edinburgh to do Politics, yourself?
    Thanks It was Stirling and Aberdeen for IR (& Politics). Edinburgh will surely get to our applications soon! Is it your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahad1912)
    Aah and I'm sitting here thinking I'll be hearing from my last 2 unis by the 31st march (I applied a couple mins after the deadline). Well I guess the news from king's won't be coming soon

Posted fromTSR Mobile
    I asked UCAS today and they said if you applied before the deadline then they have to reply by 8th May but UCAS ask them to reply by 31st March. I think the other date is July for after but if you only applied a couple of minutes after I'm sure it'll be fine and they shouldn't reply too late

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WorldPharmacist)
    D*DD! Woah good job!! I hope kings and Greenwich give you offers and well done on all your other offers! Who are you gonna firm and insure?

I'm doing a foundation year (maths and science in one year) so I don't know what my predicted grades are :/

I applied before the 6pm deadline... I finished my application in December and it was sent to my tutor who took long to reference it! He sent to UCAS a few minutes before 6 :O so I was lucky. I few people I know weren't so lucky.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hopefully I'll hear from King's before the end of this month. I'll be firming King's and Queen Mary will be my insurance.

So what do degree you planning on doing after your foundation yr?

Posted fromTSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ejl37)
    I'm not sure I'm afraid I think one was in Manchester though and one was London based. I can never keep up where everyone is applying!
    Ahh me too. My close friends from back at college are scattered across England

Posted fromTSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ejl37)
    I asked UCAS today and they said if you applied before the deadline then they have to reply by 8th May but UCAS ask them to reply by 31st March. I think the other date is July for after but if you only applied a couple of minutes after I'm sure it'll be fine and they shouldn't reply too late
    Thanks for asking them

I already have 3 unconditional offers (one of them is my insurance) which was better than I expected as I thought by applying after the 6pm deadline I'd be waiting quite a while for any news from them.

Posted fromTSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mmz)
    you 2 man

what you studying?
    I have an unconditional offer for Development studies and African studies at SOAS. Waiting tho hear back from Sussex but will probably firm SOAS next week

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional for at Andrews!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Application sent in on Sept. 11th.

Medicine
    Oxford (rejected)
    Edinburgh (rejected) :cry:
    Aberdeen (rejected)

Biomedical Science
    Imperial - OFFER - Firm choice
    Dundee - WITHDRAWN

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenn.)
    Application sent in on Sept. 11th.

Medicine
    Oxford (rejected)
    Edinburgh (rejected) :cry:
    Aberdeen (rejected)

Biomedical Science
    Imperial - OFFER - Firm choice
    Dundee - WITHDRAWN
    Wow. Really sorry!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't seem to have as much luck as you guys

Applied for:
    Canterbury CCU - Mental Health Nursing (Rejected)
    Canterbury CCU - General Nursing (Rejected)
    University Of Greenwich - Mental Health Nursing (Rejected)
    Canterbury CCU - Counselling, Coaching & Mentoring (Interview and Unconditional offer) so obviously my firm choice and I'm EXTREMELY excited to start

Not surprised I was rejected from all the Nursing degrees though because my A2 results are shambolic! I'll be 23 by the time I start so I already feel extremely old

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ski Racer)
    Law
    Surrey - conditional offer
    Oxford - conditional offer
    East Anglia - conditional offer
    Exeter - conditional offer
    Edinburgh - still waiting
    And what does that mean? Why did you quote me? What's the link between applying for Medicine and Law, seriously? Oh okay, you just wanted me to see that you've been successful and received 4 offers (including one from one of the prestigious universities in the UK, Oxford). Well, that's GOOD FOR YOU, dude! There's no need to show off... Just because I've been rejected by 3 of my choices doesn't mean I'm worthless or am an idiot (obviously, you don't know me in real life). If you don't change your attitude, you won't go far in life...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenn.)
    And what does that mean? Why did you quote me? What's the link between applying for Medicine and Law, seriously? Oh okay, you just wanted me to see that you've been successful and received 4 offers (including one from one of the prestigious universities in the UK, Oxford). Well, that's GOOD FOR YOU, dude! There's no need to show off... Just because I've been rejected by 3 of my choices doesn't mean I'm worthless or am an idiot (obviously, you don't know me in real life). If you don't change your attitude, you won't go far in life...
    Not to butt in but it may have just been an accident? Or they don't understand how the thread works?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenn.)
    He did exactly the same as what you did, overreaction much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenn.)
    i was exactly the same last year, got rejected from four out of five choices for vet med. My one conditional i didn't make. Reapplied this year to other courses in slightly different area and ended up with four unconditionals! Its just the competitiveness of the course, its not you.

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.