Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Apparently a member of One Direction is going to be a director of Doncaster Rovers soon. Surely if the video of him the other week in Peru is genuine then he should not pass the owner and directors test?
    So long as the fixtures get fulfilled the League doesn't care.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Apparently a member of One Direction is going to be a director of Doncaster Rovers soon. Surely if the video of him the other week in Peru is genuine then he should not pass the owner and directors test?
    My question is what happens when the money stops coming in for One Direction? They won't be the best thing since sliced bread forever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    My question is what happens when the money stops coming in for One Direction? They won't be the best thing since sliced bread forever.
    See above. It's all gravy as long as the fixtures are fulfilled.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    1D could split up tomorrow (if only...) and it wouldn't affect them, they've already earnt enough money to sort them out for life. The guy is likely to have a higher net worth than a few of the owners in League One already.

I don't think the fit and proper persons test gives a **** about someone having a joint.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    1D could split up tomorrow (if only...) and it wouldn't affect them, they've already earnt enough money to sort them out for life. The guy is likely to have a higher net worth than a few of the owners in League One already.
    Money would run out eventually, though, surely? I think the plan is to have Doncaster in the premiership in three years, that won't come cheap.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    I don't think the fit and proper persons test gives a **** about someone having a joint.
    And nor should it - have a toke doesn't make someone an unfit owner. What should be considered is simply their history in terms of money management and previous management of businesses/clubs (if applicable).

Besides, can't be any worse than John Ryan and his ego trip (playing himself in one match because he could).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    And nor should it - have a toke doesn't make someone an unfit owner. What should be considered is simply their history in terms of money management and previous management of businesses/clubs (if applicable).

Besides, can't be any worse than John Ryan and his ego trip (playing himself in one match because he could).
    It never is though is it. The test is a joke and so is the organisation which administers it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sad news for Hereford fans with seeing their club being expelled from the Conference. Even worse news for North Wales Police that Chester have been reinstated. Just for the Chester-Wrexham game alone it cost them £40,000 to have the right amount of staff available for it to become a "bubble" match. So if you take both matches that's roughly £80,000 to police two games in the Conference which seems a hell of a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    Sad news for Hereford fans with seeing their club being expelled from the Conference. Even worse news for North Wales Police that Chester have been reinstated. Just for the Chester-Wrexham game alone it cost them £40,000 to have the right amount of staff available for it to become a "bubble" match. So if you take both matches that's roughly £80,000 to police two games in the Conference which seems a hell of a lot.
    I see they've appointed Jon McCarthy as coach/community director etc role. Hope it works out well for him - one of the best players we've had at York, and a nice guy too, by all accounts.

ReputationRep:
    So Leeds United have appointed David Hockaday as the new head coach...

What seems to have happened here is Cellino wants to pick & manage the squad, but doesn't have the necessary badges to be a football league manager, so has installed this man as a puppet to do whatever Cellino tells him. At this point I'd rather have Moy- Alright maybe not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrows)
    So Leeds United have appointed David Hockaday as the new head coach...

What seems to have happened here is Cellino wants to pick & manage the squad, but doesn't have the necessary badges to be a football league manager, so has installed this man as a puppet to do whatever Cellino tells him. At this point I'd rather have Moy- Alright maybe not
    Bizarre stuff though at least the FL are happy with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    VYDRA'S BACK. Next season just got that little bit more exciting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well with Vydra and (hopefully) Deeney, Forestieri, Abdi, Dyer, Anya and others, we could really do well this season. Still being cautious, after last season's comments on the Watford FC forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrew2209)
    Well with Vydra and (hopefully) Deeney, Forestieri, Abdi, Dyer, Anya and others, we could really do well this season. Still being cautious, after last season's comments on the Watford FC forum.
    Glad to see Uncle Pozzo going all out for promotion this year it seems, with so many attacking options, I don't know which formation we'll be playing, 3-5-2, or Sanninos preferred 4-4-2. Just waiting on confirmation on Ecuadorian rightback Paredes and Toszer and it should be a great season.

ReputationRep:
    Glad to see Uncle Pozzo going all out for promotion this year it seems, with so many attacking options, I don't know which formation we'll be playing, 3-5-2, or Sanninos preferred 4-4-2. Just waiting on confirmation on Ecuadorian rightback Paredes and Toszer and it should be a great season.
    How much is all this costing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    How much is all this costing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haven't spent a penny on transfers so far, Paredes will likely come with a slight fee.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Letting Donaldson go to Birmingham on a free is really disappointing but I can't help but think he's replaceable. He's only just good enough for the Championship - surely Birmingham have loftier ambitions? Gray from Luton might be good enough - I suspect not and similar with Tebar from Almeria. The two really positive signings are extending Warburton's contract and buying Odubajo from Orient. I have NO idea how we managed to afford him apart from really tight financial management over the last five years but hes going to be absolutely brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    New Leeds shirt...plain is good

Spoiler:
    Show

And the GK shirt looks unique, though didn't Napoli have a camo away kit last season? And I think Porto's away kit this season is also camo

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    A group of Coventry fans offered to pay the rent if the club returned. The club has refused. How much longer has this nonsense got to continue?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 22, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.