Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Lol there's a reason Barca fans are happy to see Cesc leave and hate the fact Sanchez left. You man really think Cesc is the same player from when he left us, you're deluded. I don't get this ****ing emotional attachment some of you have over him, so annoying. He was no Thierry Henry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Stacks)
    Lol there's a reason Barca fans are happy to see Cesc leave and hate the fact Sanchez left. You man really think Cesc is the same player from when he left us, you're deluded. I don't get this ****ing emotional attachment some of you have over him, so annoying. He was no Thierry Henry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No arsenal fan in the last few pages has been deluded about him

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    No arsenal fan in the last few pages has been deluded about him

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really? What about when we had the option to take him back before his move to Chelsea? Oh if I could recall some of you peoples posts...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have no emotional attachment to him. Ever since the whole Barca thing, the hilarious thing is Samir Nasri left in a better fashion than Cesc. People are going to pretend like Cesc didn't go on strike and even used of his own money to force a move.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Logic in here:

Ozil plays **** because he has no runners, poor system etc

Cesc is not the same player he was at arsenal and has declined when his game was nothing to do with mobility/pace

Spot the hypocrisy.

Maybe it's due to the fact he was played out of position the majority of the time and still put up great statistics. Was also their best midfielder for the majority of this season but let's ignore that as well because he's not the same player.

He was no Thierry Henry? Shall we just dismiss pires, viera etc as well because they were no Thierry Henry either.

ReputationRep:
    fxck cesc

he's part of the fail era. I rarely watched our games during that fail era of cesc,iscariot,almunia,denilson,a de,lord dane etc . That team was full of krillins and gohans pre super saiyen. I was used to the piccolo,goku,vegeta,tien,older trunks era.

our guys were 6'2 on average, built,strong, won't hesitate to choke a man on the pitch.

adams
    vieira
    seaman
    kneown
    parlour
    thierry
    lauren
    sol
    pires
    ljungberg
    dennis
    gilberto

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    Logic in here:

Ozil plays **** because he has no runners, poor system etc

Cesc is not the same player he was at arsenal and has declined when his game was nothing to do with mobility/pace

Spot the hypocrisy.

Maybe it's due to the fact he was played out of position the majority of the time and still put up great statistics. Was also their best midfielder for the majority of this season but let's ignore that as well because he's not the same player.

He was no Thierry Henry? Shall we just dismiss pires, viera etc as well because they were no Thierry Henry either.
    Their best midfielder this season? But yet everyone was begging Tata to take him and Neymar out the starting eleven for Sanchez and Pedro. Only reason he's had decent statistics the past 3 seasons is because the 3 managers were basically forced to incorporate him into team, at the expense of Thiago. Not saying he's a bad player (stats for proof) but let's be real he never made a difference for Barca the 3 years he was there. Played out of position? They changed so much to accommodate him and try bring out the best of him, yet he still never really performed as well as he could. He couldn't keep them going, they declined. Enough evidence for me to say he's declined.

Who is dismissing Cesc tho? He was a great player for us and carried us through a lot of games. What more?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Their best midfielder this season? But yet everyone was begging Tata to take him and Neymar out the starting eleven for Sanchez and Pedro. Only reason he's had decent statistics the past 3 seasons is because the 3 managers were basically forced to incorporate him into team, at the expense of Thiago. Not saying he's a bad player (stats for proof) but let's be real he never made a difference for Barca the 3 years he was there. Played out of position? They changed so much to accommodate him and try bring out the best of him, yet he still never really performed as well as he could. He couldn't keep them going, they declined. Enough evidence for me to say he's declined.

Who is dismissing Cesc tho? He was a great player for us and carried us through a lot of games. What more?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sanchez and pedro don't even play in his favoured position? You're just strengthening the argument that he was played out of position.

He was their best midfielder for the first half of the season lets get that out there now. Managers weren't forced to incorporate him in to the team that's a load of *******s. If his goal/assist output isn't making the difference then I don't know what is. In what way did they change to accommodate him they didn't play with a traditional 10 (his best role) he often played on the wing, false 9 etc and his best position occupies the same space as messi which nobody in world football can compete with. The entire team declined at the same time as him this year so [email protected] argument even messi was boo'd, xavi, busquets etc were ****ing terrible so lets not just shift all the blame to Cesc.

Ozils has declined as well going by your logic? Or does it not apply to arsenal players

ReputationRep:
    Lallana> Arsenal

ReputationRep:
    Sanchez and pedro don't even play in his favoured position? You're just strengthening the argument that he was played out of position.

He was their best midfielder for the first half of the season lets get that out there now. Managers weren't forced to incorporate him in to the team that's a load of *******s. If his goal/assist output isn't making the difference then I don't know what is. In what way did they change to accommodate him they didn't play with a traditional 10 (his best role) he often played on the wing, false 9 etc and his best position occupies the same space as messi which nobody in world football can compete with. The entire team declined at the same time as him this year so [email protected] argument even messi was boo'd, xavi, busquets etc were ****ing terrible so lets not just shift all the blame to Cesc.

Ozils has declined as well going by your logic? Or does it not apply to arsenal players
    When Cesc played Iniesta usually got sent to the wing.
    Really? So teams spend big on players to warm the bench? Of course managers will feel pressure to play them because they did spend big money on them. No ones blaming Cesc for Barcas decline, just saying he never added, improved or made a great impact for them throughout this, which he was obviously bought for. The next gen to take over after xavi and Iniesta.

The jury is still out for Ozil. Personally I think he had an ok season, not a bad one. Obviously not as good as his previous ones but wasn't as abysmal as you and other people think. We improved this season, because of Ozil or not you could give many reasons for either way. We won the FA Cup had our first title attempt for a while, finished 7 points off the top and on a personal level Ozil was a main figure in Germany's World Cup win. Whether he is a success or not at Arsenal is still yet to be decided.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    If Ozil plays at his best then he's better. Quicker, better final ball, better dribbler. Cesc the better goal-scorer and is involved more though.

Aaron Ramsey is definitely better to Cesc though
    :lolwut:

(Original post by SarcasticMel)
    Mario Götze.

Also ruined his career pretty much. He was a lot better at Dortmund.
    see above.

ReputationRep:
    Wenger says no striker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thugnificent.)
    fxck cesc

he's part of the fail era. I rarely watched our games during that fail era of cesc,iscariot,almunia,denilson,a de,lord dane etc . That team was full of krillins and gohans pre super saiyen. I was used to the piccolo,goku,vegeta,tien,older trunks era.

our guys were 6'2 on average, built,strong, won't hesitate to choke a man on the pitch.

adams
    vieira
    seaman
    kneown
    parlour
    thierry
    lauren
    sol
    pires
    ljungberg
    dennis
    gilberto
    Bizarrely Piccolo reminds me of Vieira for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    Really? So teams spend big on players to warm the bench? Of course managers will feel pressure to play them because they did spend big money on them. No ones blaming Cesc for Barcas decline, just saying he never added, improved or made a great impact for them throughout this, which he was obviously bought for. The next gen to take over after xavi and Iniesta.

The jury is still out for Ozil. Personally I think he had an ok season, not a bad one. Obviously not as good as his previous ones but wasn't as abysmal as you and other people think. We improved this season, because of Ozil or not you could give many reasons for either way. We won the FA Cup had our first title attempt for a while, finished 7 points off the top and on a personal level Ozil was a main figure in Germany's World Cup win. Whether he is a success or not at Arsenal is still yet to be decided.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So you've not replied to my point at all ok

ReputationRep:
    So you've not replied to my point at all ok
    You obviously find it difficult to read and take in what you don't want to hear.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cesc wasn't bought to improve Barcelona, he was bought because they felt entitled to have him. Pep, the squad and the board all wanted him back and considered him to have been 'stolen' from them. Barcelona already had a pretty much perfect midfield and added Cesc for the sake of it, and have been trying to figure out where to play him to get the best out of him without sacrificing their incredible midfield ever since. There was the whole notion he was to replace Xavi, despite the two of them being very different players, which obviously didn't work out.

Both Cesc and Barcelona would probably have been better off had he stayed at Arsenal IMO, will be interesting to see how he does at Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't trade Ozil or Ramsey for Fabregas to be honest. I would trade Arteta for him in an ideal world. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    You obviously find it difficult to read and take in what you don't want to hear.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No I just still can't understand how you've come to the conclusion he's declined but ozil hasn't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    I wouldn't trade Ozil or Ramsey for Fabregas to be honest. I would trade Arteta for him in an ideal world. :moon:
    I'd trade Ozil for him in a heartbeat if I was an Arsenal fan. Fabregas makes things happen, even against the toughest opponents, even when he has terrible players around him. Just a few examples off the top of my head. That 30 yard run and assist for Adebayor vs United. AC Milan. Running half the length of the pitch vs Spurs straight from kick-off. First game back from injury vs Villa, free kick, changed the game (and kick-started your season?). He can take the game by the scruff of it's neck and make things happen, like only the best number 10s can do. Fabregas was never suited to Barcelona's system. Doesn't mean he's declined.

ReputationRep:
    It'll be gutting to see Cesc in the blue of Chelsea. However I think the fact he's had to work with Jose and Chelsea, both whom he clearly doesn't like will mentally kill him.

Imagine getting rejected by both your biological parents and adopted parents and having to go stay with the wicked witch?

That's how Cesc feels right now.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.