Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shouldBstudying)
    Got my offer for Ancaster today Not my most preferred room type. I got a private shared bathroom which was on the bottom of my preference list (asked for a ensuite first..). Does anyone know how long this corridor is? Is it unreasonable to be able to shower and quickly run to your room or will the bathroom be like.. 500 meters from my room at hte end of the floor?
    It won't be long at all. It will most likely be just next to you.

(Original post by shouldBstudying)
    Haha, we might be! Do you think they allocate the shared bathroom to be same sex? Or is that all just randomized too? Not that I mind, but if it was another girl, we could work out an agreement to leave flower and candy smelling shampoo in the shower I was a bit bummed not getting an ensuite or at the least, a shared ensuite but now I'm quite happy with it. Its an extra 150 pounds that I can spend on a pair of shoes or something haha
    All private shared are same sex.

ReputationRep:
    I have literally seen nobody doing physics

I'm in Cripps too, nice and close

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    I've applied for Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence (with a Year Abroad). It's based at Jubilee but I chose University Park to meet a greater variety of students. How about you?

Yeah, this the fresher's group:
    University of Nottingham Fresher's 2015

And this is the Ancaster group (it's really tiny right now):

Ancaster Hall Nottingham 2015
    Hey other Ancaster member
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasonpt)
    Hey other Ancaster member
    Haha, hey!! I don't think I've spoken to you on FB before, but it's nice to meet you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caraphernelia)
    Applied to do Genetics and got a conditional offer

Really really like the uni and campus and my dad did his pHD there so he rates it highly!

Hoping the rest of the year goes well grades wise, not too much longer to go so fingers crossed!

Thinking of making nottingham my insurance choice but I'm not too sure yet!
    That's awesome congrats! I'm thinking of applying for the exact same course in September - may I ask what were your A2 predictions and do you have any idea what you want to do in the future?

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer for medicine A100

I'm just wondering which hall I should go for.

I'm planning on going for a catered hall.

Any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leidenfrost)
    I got an offer for medicine A100

I'm just wondering which hall I should go for.

I'm planning on going for a catered hall.

Any suggestions?
    It depends how much you want to spend on your accommodation really, but I'd reccomend Nightingale because its got a good central location and all the rooms have double beds aha
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ButterflyGirl97)
    It depends how much you want to spend on your accommodation really, but I'd reccomend Nightingale because its got a good central location and all the rooms have double beds aha
    You can't choose catered halls, it's a random allocation system.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    thinking of firming nottingham. how does accommodation work. is it on a first come first serve basis? and is it too late to get the accommodation you want?

ReputationRep:
    You can't choose catered halls, it's a random allocation system.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's rough

When do we get notification of our allocation?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leidenfrost)
    That's rough

When do we get notification of our allocation?
    Usually within 2 weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Itsmonique)
    My AS subjects are Maths, Chemistry, Psychology and Sociology.
    Entry requirements are AAB minimum at A-level, and a minimum grade A in Maths GCSE and grade B in English lang (but i got C in english!)

I'm really suprised they have higher entry requirements for law than Oxford :eek:

What AS subjects are you doing?
    Are you still applying despite getting a C in English?
    I want to do Economics, 2016 entry, and they require a B grade in English but i got a C

(Original post by snikutsmullac)
      Can't find a thread anywhere for Unviersity of Nottingham 2015 applicants, so I thought I'd make one! What subjects are you all applying for?
      ---
      Connect to University of Nottingham here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying.
      Hi! I am applying for international media and communication studies! Well, I need to take my IB exams first

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by SanjayGill)
      Are you still applying despite getting a C in English?
      I want to do Economics, 2016 entry, and they require a B grade in English but i got a C
      You will defo need to improve that English grade or take the IELTS. There are other options available.

ReputationRep:
      Did anyone get a confirmation email when they accepted their Notts offer? I accepted it as an insurance weeks ago and haven't even received an email...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by daisystones)
      Did anyone get a confirmation email when they accepted their Notts offer? I accepted it as an insurance weeks ago and haven't even received an email...

Posted from TSR Mobile
      I didn't get a confirmation email from Nottingham as such but the day after I firmed them they sent me an email talking about student accommodation saying that I could now apply for it. So I guess if you chose them as insurance you wouldn't get that email? It should be fine, I think.

ReputationRep:
      just firmed nottingham for compsci. How are nottingham with students who miss their offers by one grade e.g. ABB instead of AAB?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by sml96)
      just firmed nottingham for compsci. How are nottingham with students who miss their offers by one grade e.g. ABB instead of AAB?
      I've seen quite a few courses that let people in with one grade lower - Physics, MEng, Psychology, Finance - but there is no way of telling how many of those who missed their grades were let in.

ReputationRep:
      Notts firmer here, but at least I don't spend my time looking down a perfectly respectable institution. Surely, there are better ways to spend your time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope nothing better than to counter Notts trollers

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by sml96)
      Notts are a face university not one that is built in true excellence. Just ask them queitly, nod nod wink wink and you'll get in. They always have spaces, usually I see them in clearing unless it's the years when they feel they are losing too much face

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.