Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Lol, King's has 123 applicants for Economics... nearly double all the other colleges. That's my chances down the drain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oreoenthusiast)
    Nope! I'm so nervous about whether I'll get an interview or not (congrats on yours btw!) and these stats have increased the nerves tbh
    At least you didn't apply to Kings College, cant say those odds are what I like

You'll be fine, I'm sure you'll get an interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    At least you didn't apply to Kings College, cant say those odds are what I like

You'll be fine, I'm sure you'll get an interview
    True! I feel bad for the King's applicants that have looked at the stats - can't believe it has so many!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liamc1997)
    Lol, King's has 123 applicants for Economics... nearly double all the other colleges. That's my chances down the drain
    How do you know this??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomixox)
    How do you know this??
    http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergrad...ly/statistics/

ReputationRep:
    just got an offer from Surrey! who else has got one and what did they get offered?

ReputationRep:
    are AS levels the same as scottish highers?

ReputationRep:
    Also how common are unconditionals for economics

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I've applied for straight Economics in Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick and King's. I'm currently doing the IB Diploma with predictions of HL Maths - 7, HL Economics - 7, HL History - 7, SL English A - 7, SL French B - 6, SL Chemistry - 7 and three extra points (TOK - A, Extended Essay in Maths - A)

I really want to go to Cambridge or LSE, but would probably prioritise LSE if I got the offer! Is there anyone else with similar qualifications applying for Economics in the same universities?

ReputationRep:
    DOES THIS MEAN I GOT AN OFFER GUYS? received today. Applied on 7th Oct (A*A*AB) (Maths, Economics, Geography, Further Maths) applying with A2 grades. OXFORD, LSE, UCL, Warwick, Bristol

Dear Mr Edirisinghe,

I am very pleased to have received your application through UCAS to read Economics L100 at UCL and I intend to recommend that an offer be sent to you through UCAS in the near future. Before such an offer can be made and communicated, however, it is a UCL requirement that you attend an Open Day in the Economics Department. This will give you an opportunity to discuss the degree programme with members of staff and meet some of our students, who will show you around UCL. The event will also enable you to ask any questions you may have that will help you decide whether UCL is the right university for you

DOES THIS MEAN I'VE GOT AN OFFER

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thevindu)
    DOES THIS MEAN I GOT AN OFFER GUYS? received today. Applied on 7th Oct (A*A*AB) (Maths, Economics, Geography, Further Maths) applying with A2 grades. OXFORD, LSE, UCL, Warwick, Bristol

Dear Mr Edirisinghe,

I am very pleased to have received your application through UCAS to read Economics L100 at UCL and I intend to recommend that an offer be sent to you through UCAS in the near future. Before such an offer can be made and communicated, however, it is a UCL requirement that you attend an Open Day in the Economics Department. This will give you an opportunity to discuss the degree programme with members of staff and meet some of our students, who will show you around UCL. The event will also enable you to ask any questions you may have that will help you decide whether UCL is the right university for you

DOES THIS MEAN I'VE GOT AN OFFER
    Just got the same and it does! well done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceGeek!)
    Just got the same and it does! well done
    you too mate! Are you applying with A2 grades also? What are you applying for, where else are you applying?

ReputationRep:
    I think I just got an offer from UCL!!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thevindu)
    you too mate! Are you applying with A2 grades also? What are you applying for, where else are you applying?
    Just started my A2 year, applying for straight econ. Cambridge, LSE, Warwick and Bristol. You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    did you get an email similar to this? It's not clear enough. I guess i was expecting a big congratulations with a one liner like "YOU IN MY NIIIII"

Dear Mr Edirisinghe,

I am very pleased to have received your application through UCAS to read Economics L100 at UCL and I intend to recommend that an offer be sent to you through UCAS in the near future. Before such an offer can be made and communicated, however, it is a UCL requirement that you attend an Open Day in the Economics Department. This will give you an opportunity to discuss the degree programme with members of staff and meet some of our students, who will show you around UCL. The event will also enable you to ask any questions you may have that will help you decide whether UCL is the right university for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceGeek!)
    Just started my A2 year, applying for straight econ. Cambridge, LSE, Warwick and Bristol. You?
    Nice. Good luck with the rest of your placements!
    Im an A2 student applying to Oxford, LSE, UCL, Warwick, Bristol for Economics (and management)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thevindu)
    did you get an email similar to this? It's not clear enough. I guess i was expecting a big congratulations with a one liner like "you in my niiiii"

dear mr edirisinghe,

i am very pleased to have received your application through ucas to read economics l100 at ucl and i intend to recommend that an offer be sent to you through ucas in the near future. Before such an offer can be made and communicated, however, it is a ucl requirement that you attend an open day in the economics department. This will give you an opportunity to discuss the degree programme with members of staff and meet some of our students, who will show you around ucl. The event will also enable you to ask any questions you may have that will help you decide whether ucl is the right university for you.
    yes it basically is an offer!!!! Well done 🎉🎉🎉🎉

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can I just ask when you guys sent your applications, your GCSE AND AS grades and A2 predictions or grades? I'm DESPERATE for a UCL offer haha! Congratulations!!!!!!! 😊😊😊😊

ReputationRep:
    Offer from UCL!! need to attend an open day on the 26th for it to be formally sent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomixox)
    Can I just ask when you guys sent your applications, your GCSE AND AS grades and A2 predictions or grades? I'm DESPERATE for a UCL offer haha! Congratulations!!!!!!! ����������
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.