ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Iv wacked the oven up, and about to put the yorkies in

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds yummy, I love yorkshire pudding

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thestranger11)
    :hello:

I haven't been diagnosed with anything yet but have been in counselling for the last 3 years, got a doctors appointment next week to try and get evidence for dsa and I'm terrified .

On a gap year at the moment but will give me more time to sort stuff out after failing A2 (3 E's). Going to apply for a foundation year in forensics.
    Hey, welcome to the society.

I hope the doctor's helpful, and that you manage to get your health stuff sorted over this next year.
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    anything Politics/Sociology related, access course I applied for is in Social Science
    Ooh good luck!
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Welcome Squad
    Spoiler:
    Show
    feeling utterly ****. Just lying on my bed crying.
    Kinda feels good to get it all out though, tend to bottle things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubble999)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    feeling utterly ****. Just lying on my bed crying.
    Kinda feels good to get it all out though, tend to bottle things
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Ooh good luck!
    thanks hope things are good with you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    :hugs: Well done, I hope they say yes so you have more options.
    They said I can only withdraw and reapply next year .

I said I'll let them know what I decide ASAP but I don't know what to do now .
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Welcome Squad

(Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    thanks hope things are good with you?
    Not too great atm, but it'll pass

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not too great atm, but it'll pass

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs: hope you feel better soon then!

ReputationRep:
    Feeling a bit better. Bit guilty that I did nothing all day and severely lacking chocolate and/or cake. Going out for a little bit soon and my friend has conceded (with no influence from me) that I can have a drink or two as long as I don't get drunk. Apparently we're getting up early tomorrow to do everything we can in one day. Debating going out with other people in the hostel but then she would worry a lot which is unfair. Plus I like the idea in theory but it'll be loud and too many people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    :hello:

I haven't been diagnosed with anything yet but have been in counselling for the last 3 years, got a doctors appointment next week to try and get evidence for dsa and I'm terrified .

On a gap year at the moment but will give me more time to sort stuff out after failing A2 (3 E's). Going to apply for a foundation year in forensics.
    Heya! Welcome to the Soc! :hugs:

Don't be terrified about DSA. It's a bit more longwinded than one would like but it'll hopefully be more than worth it in the end

Ahhhh, you're a scientist! :eek: I joke Forensics sound fascinating :yep:

Well, Drs was much better than I'd expected! Referral to CBT in progress, and even better she thinks the wait won't be as bad as I'd imagined

Has anyone got any experiences with CBT? Would be interested to see how helpful people have (or haven't) found it

ReputationRep:
    Come to the realisation i don't have many friends. Been nominated for that ice bucket challenge and there isn't anyone i know who hasn't already done it for me to nominate

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james1211)
    Come to the realisation i don't have many friends. Been nominated for that ice bucket challenge and there isn't anyone i know who hasn't already done it for me to nominate

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had that same problem :console:

I still haven't done it yet, I really don't want to, I don't know why I just don't :/ don't like being filmed either. Might just donate instead

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well, Drs was much better than I'd expected! Referral to CBT in progress, and even better she thinks the wait won't be as bad as I'd imagined

Has anyone got any experiences with CBT? Would be interested to see how helpful people have (or haven't) found it
    I had CBT for 9 months in 2011. It was really hard work and often quite upsetting... but I learnt a lot about myself and as a result of the techniques I was taught, I have been able to deal with my psychosis a bit better and my anxiety a LOT better

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know this feeling as well! Only have a few close friends at home, and uni friends are all spread out across the country now. My parents have suggested trying a social group or volunteering, but I just think that those sorts of things will attract older people rather than people of my own age. Don't really have any other suggestions of ways to meet people though

Still, will give the social group and see what happens. I've got nothing to lose I guess!

(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    I had CBT for 9 months in 2011. It was really hard work and often quite upsetting... but I learnt a lot about myself and as a result of the techniques I was taught, I have been able to deal with my psychosis a bit better and my anxiety a LOT better
    Thanks for this. Yeah, I'm expecting it to be a bit emotional+hard work (many years of ingrained habits+attitudes won't change overnight!), but hopefully it'll help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    I had that same problem :console:

I still haven't done it yet, I really don't want to, I don't know why I just don't :/ don't like being filmed either. Might just donate instead

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'll feel worse if I don't do it because that will reaffirm in my mind that I hardly know anyone. I have about 5 close friends and that's it. Used to know so many people when I mountain biked but since everyone I know stopped that last year I fell out of touch with it

I'll probably still do it, I'll just nominate one person or something. I'll look like a loser but whatevs.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I know this feeling as well! Only have a few close friends at home, and uni friends are all spread out across the country now. My parents have suggested trying a social group or volunteering, but I just think that those sorts of things will attract older people rather than people of my own age. Don't really have any other suggestions of ways to meet people though

Still, will give the social group and see what happens. I've got nothing to lose I guess!
    I need to find a new hobby where I can meet people. A sports soc maybe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the support folks! .Much love to all. :hugs: I treated myself to a new cardi from the charity shop for surviving my first few days and I've fallen in love with it. :love:

I'll feel worse if I don't do it because that will reaffirm in my mind that I hardly know anyone. I have about 5 close friends and that's it. Used to know so many people when I mountain biked but since everyone I know stopped that last year I fell out of touch with it

I'll probably still do it, I'll just nominate one person or something. I'll look like a loser but whatevs.

I need to find a new hobby where I can meet people. A sports soc maybe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah sports are always good! I joined a fencing club about 6 months ago and really enjoy it (even though there isn't anyone else of a similar age there!). I might join another sports club as well: maybe tennis...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.