Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endless Blue)
    Gerrard is having a bit of a shocker in all honesty.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yea his pass accuracy must be at about 50% atm, he's been awful.

ReputationRep:
    Lallana should be in the team today, need a replacement for Allen - Can has no pace.

Defence needs to sharpen up, Lovren can't do it all by himself.

Other than that, it's half time and we're winning.

ReputationRep:
    Balotelli could've had a hattrick but at least he's getting in the right positions.

Defence a little shakey at times which means we need a 2nd (or 3rd) goal and Gerrard has been pretty loose - if he has a knock then Can should come on imo.

Don't think I'd change anything, we just need to score another..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Not really sure what Allen brings to the team to be honest.

Gerrard's long passing has been unusually inaccurate.

We've had a good lot of opportunities to score but we need to be more efficient for sure.
    Spurs clearances have been laughable but we haven't capitalised.
    One goal isn't enough, especially with Sakho at the back.
    Allen brings virtually nothing to the team, imo. Been saying this since we bought him. He wouldn't get into any other top 8 team because he's crap.

Gerrard has been woeful. That freekick near the end where he passed it straight to Erikson?! What is he doing?!

Sturridge is looking very lazy tbh. Other than the shot very early on from the Mario backheel I haven't seen him do anything at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barneystin)
    its called consistency. he doesnt have it.
    thanks man, i couldn't think of the word consistency....:dry:

in all seriousness though, this game should be about 3-1 right now.
    we need to be more efficient going forward and less shaky at the back.
    just seems like lovren is carrying sakho; he can't do that all season whenever skrtel's out...

ReputationRep:
    interesting game, closer then I was expecting (after last seasons demolitions of spurs by liverpool)

ReputationRep:
    Very, very comfortable. Quite surprising how easy it was really but then again, Spurs' personnel haven't changed too much from when we last played them, and we haven't dipped too much.

Very impressed by Henderson, as usual. Sturridge has looked good in flashes, typical, and good pass (I thought maybe a little late?) for Henderson and the goal. Raheem was absolutely incredible for the first half hour, he's really making a run at being called the attacking midfielder in the league. There's been absolute **** all between Raheem and Hazard over the last 6 months. Moreno and Manquillo both decent, pretty solid.

Gerrard, pretty awful. A couple of good pieces of defensive work, good anticipation on a few occasions but he's made to look lumbering at times when up against players ten years his junior. In possession, absolute ****e, as usual for when he's injured. Allen, good pressing and retaining of the ball but as usual offers nothing going forwards, we need an upgrade on him if we want to challenge for the league. Hopefully Can can be that. Sakho-Lovren partnership was pretty **** and they need working on definitely, and Sakho's passing has been outright disgusting. Normally I stick up for him so much but he's had a real shocker.

Balotelli, well, flashes. Lovely backheel to Sturridge one time, incredible pace and power to leave Kaboul on the ground. The shot from the corner, can't really blame him, but he really should have scored the two headers. Excellent defensively. More effort to come though, a bit lax with the passing at times. The natural ability is incredible though.

Pretty encouraging that half of our team have been average/****e but we've still comfortably held them off and could easily have had three. And they had only one chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtjl)
    Allen brings virtually nothing to the team, imo. Been saying this since we bought him. He wouldn't get into any other top 8 team because he's crap.

Gerrard has been woeful. That freekick near the end where he passed it straight to Erikson?! What is he doing?!

Sturridge is looking very lazy tbh. Other than the shot very early on from the Mario backheel I haven't seen him do anything at all.
    you aren't wrong
    allen can be very good with his vision, but he's hilariously weak.
    the problem is that replacing him with coutinho would leave us with even less defensive cover, but i'd probably take that risk.

i know he's our captain, but i'd seriously consider bringing on can for gerrard...

mario has had a shocker with finishing but he's been great everywhere else.
    tracking back with defensive work, holding up play, doing little flicks, excellent!

ReputationRep:
    Gerrard has been awful so far. Funny how before the game they showed his interview with carra and was asked about his performance against Basel. He hasn't contributed anything to this game either. Short and long passing has been poor and he's been caught on the poor too easily. Needs to pick it up in the second half, now he's player a quarterback role he could quite easily cost us a goal playing as poor as he is today.

Balotelli has been impressive, could have a hattrick though. Great hold up play, will be great when he's trained with the team a bit longer and gets fully match fit.

Need to get that second goal though, we all know how quickly we can drop off the boil and put ourselves under pressure

ReputationRep:
    3-0 or 4-1 to us

ReputationRep:
    Balo gets in good positions his end productterrible, both in terms of shooting and passing.

ReputationRep:
    Think that's very soft tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Allen's weakness is good for something I suppose...

ReputationRep:
    Allen you beautiful little swan. What a perfect little dive!

ReputationRep:
    Yes!

2-0!

Gerrard and Allen, two of our worst players today...

ReputationRep:
    Stonewall penalty in all fairness, soft yes, dive no.

ReputationRep:
    Not gonna lie either, if that was given against us I would be mad. Technically it was a penalty, but very, very soft.

ReputationRep:
    Its not a penalty you idiots, unless you think football isn't a contact sport.

ReputationRep:
    So Allen has some uses then.

Missed the goal. Gerrard took it I presume?

ReputationRep:
    Is Sakho having a bubble

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.