Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    liverpool win or a draw tonight would be great..

Leap back above tottenham and let things return to normal..

All we then need is a draw/west ham win against southampton, and things are getting there..

Southampton drop points against liverpool on the weekend.. and we are top4 by the end of the weekend.

(lol. as if this was going to happen.. we have had so many chances to jump into the top4 this season, and have cocked them all up. we will end up drawing aganst crystal palace or something, and still being 5th until the last bit of the season.. when wenger actually starts to get worried and goes nuts on chelsea + united..)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    liverpool win or a draw tonight would be great..

Leap back above tottenham and let things return to normal..

All we then need is a draw/west ham win against southampton, and things are getting there..

Southampton drop points against liverpool on the weekend.. and we are top4 by the end of the weekend.

(lol. as if this was going to happen.. we have had so many chances to jump into the top4 this season, and have cocked them all up. we will end up drawing aganst crystal palace or something, and still being 5th until the last bit of the season.. when wenger actually starts to get worried and goes nuts on chelsea + united..)
    What'll happen is this

Liverpool - Spurs (Draw)
    Chelsea - Everton (Chelsea win)
    Man utd - Burnley (Draw)
    Soton - Westham (Westham win)

& we'll lose to Leicester

Story of our life

On a serious note though, we really need to take advantage of this week..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    What'll happen is this

Liverpool - Spurs (Draw)
    Chelsea - Everton (Chelsea win)
    Man utd - Burnley (Draw)
    Soton - Westham (Westham win)

& we'll lose to Leicester

Story of our life

On a serious note though, we really need to take advantage of this week..

Don't say that, I've got a bet placed for Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Celtic winning this week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Anyways Reus is signing a new contract. Think it's just to raise his clause/transfer fee this window but I can see us being in the race for him!

There's no release clause in his new contract, and the wage BVB are allegedly offering is too high for them to offer it just to keep him for a few months and then let him go in the summer - would rip their wage structure apart and raise questions for and demands from other players who have proven their loyalty to the club longer (Hummels?), something which BVB can't afford at all.

It wouldn't make sense for Reus either to give the negotiation power to BVB like that if he wanted out this summer. There was never any reliable source or signals from Reus himself indicating he wanted out *now* anyway, quite on the contrary, so it fits. I can imagine that there's some verbal agreement though that he'll be allowed to leave for the right price later, e.g. in case there hasn't been the right offer for him now and he'd like to wait some more, which would put especially Barça (transfer ban, even if it doesn't make sense) and Bayern (not going for him this summer for marketing reasons, but perhaps next) in the picture. All other clubs he could already have accepted to join this summer, supposing they've already enquired since his release clause was expiring in March, and supposing he isn't just renewing out of empathy for BVB, while taking the risk of scaring his desired future club off with a fee that's ~€30M higher than before.

Unless of course there's already an agreement with some club that has guaranteed to pay whatever price - which seems unlikely. BVB aren't that desperate either.

This is supposing they'll stay up though

ReputationRep:
    Apart from CDM we do need a world class forward aswell (Benzema, Mandzukic etc) but i'd really love Lacazette/Reus and Schneiderlin to sign for us in the Summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    Apart from CDM we do need a world class forward aswell (Benzema, Mandzukic etc) but i'd really love Lacazette/Reus and Schneiderlin to sign for us in the Summer
    If we get Reus & Schniederlin in the summer we don't need another forward.

Sanchez, Reus, Walcott, Giroud, Welbz, Cazorla will get us enough

In other news, we'll get to see Sanchez & a (what looks like) stronger Ozil tonight. Reckon he'll nick another one and make it 4 goals in 4 appearances, and probably get a Sanchez assist too.

ReputationRep:
    We're not getting Schniederlin. I doubt we're even in for him or were that interested in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering with regards to FFP, wouldn't it be far more effective if points were deducted from those who breach the regulations rather than paying a fine?

Points deduction + reduced champions league squad would effect the team far more than £X,000,000 fine + reduced champions league squad.

ReputationRep:
    Now that Coquelin looks preety sorted, it is absolutely obvious that the number.1 thing Arsenal lack is that mythical bottle

Spurs at the weekend, there is nothing to discuss here. No man had the persona and on the ball presence to stand up to what it actually a fairly average Spours side who pressed us very well. And then I see guys saying we should get rid of Jack Wilshere, one of the few who would have had it at the w/e....

Meanwhile Santi Cazorla was last seen pottering about the WHL half way line scratching his ass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    I was wondering with regards to FFP, wouldn't it be far more effective if points were deducted from those who breach the regulations rather than paying a fine?

Points deduction + reduced champions league squad would effect the team far more than £X,000,000 fine + reduced champions league squad.
    It would be more effective but a fine is on an individual basis and affects no one else whereas point deductions have too many potential implications.

- What if someone finishes 4th and then appeals a point deduction? Do they play the CL qualifiers based on winning their appeal? Surely it's unfair to exclude them for another if they then win the appeal? Could be impossible to sort in the short window?
    - How/when do you determine the point deductions? Is it a set number of points regardless of level of breach or sliding scale? If the latter, how do you decide if to deduct 1-3-5 points and the impact it could have on the table e.g. finishing 1st or 2nd
    - the FFP breach is always historic since it will be based on the last set of accounts (so could be 18 months old) before you know they've breached but then you're in a different season to be punishing them?

ReputationRep:
    It would be much better to put a transfer ban

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    It would be more effective but a fine is on an individual basis and affects no one else whereas point deductions have too many potential implications.

- What if someone finishes 4th and then appeals a point deduction? Do they play the CL qualifiers based on winning their appeal? Surely it's unfair to exclude them for another if they then win the appeal? Could be impossible to sort in the short window?
    - How/when do you determine the point deductions? Is it a set number of points regardless of level of breach or sliding scale? If the latter, how do you decide if to deduct 1-3-5 points and the impact it could have on the table e.g. finishing 1st or 2nd
    - the FFP breach is always historic since it will be based on the last set of accounts (so could be 18 months old) before you know they've breached but then you're in a different season to be punishing them?
    I don't get on what grounds the appeals would be based on, considering the allegations will be based on accounts that all teams must show?

I think that's the whole idea, for teams to lose titles, champions league places etc if they breach the FFP - but that would means teams that don't deserve spots will get them.

Fair points tbh, but I just think that fining hasn't really effected the likes of PSG and City spending, and they're finding loopholes (like the Lampard loan).

AR makes a good point, that they should get a transfer ban for a whole season.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal team to play Leicester

Team: Ospina, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Rosicky, Walcott, Cazorla, Ozil, Alexis

Subs: Szczesny, Gibbs, Gabriel, Flamini, Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1423594644.758548.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  34.2 KB

Interesting line up, Sanchez playing through the middle and Ozil on the left.

Ramsey, Welbz, Giroud all on the bench

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1423594644.758548.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  34.2 KB

Interesting line up, Sanchez playing through the middle and Ozil on the left.

Ramsey, Welbz, Giroud all on the bench

That's my Fifa set up lol wtf (walcott sanchez ozil front 3 with cazorla behind). It will work fine me thinks. 3-0 to the Arsenal.

Just realised we're playing 3 CAM's today and none of them are in the #10 role :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    That's my Fifa set up lol wtf (walcott sanchez ozil front 3 with cazorla behind). It will work fine me thinks. 3-0 to the Arsenal.
    Haha, I play a whole different formation and somehow accommodate them all - but Cazorla is so much effective on the wing.

Anyway, I'm going for a big win tonight - similar to the Villa game. With Leicester going full on defensive it'll be tight but I still think we'll put 4 past them. I want Ozil to score, it will do his morale all kinds of good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Leicester XI: Schwarzer, Simpson, Huth, Morgan, Upson, Konchesky, Mahrez, Cambiasso, James, Schlupp, Kramarić.

3 CB's and one up front for Lesta, no idea what formation that is but it looks like they'll park the bus for 90 minutes.
    It's fine, we can completely change our style of play if we bring on Giroud and Ramsey so we should cause them a lot of problems today. Their forms not too good and we really need to make up for the loss on Saturday

COYG :cool:
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Meh line up. Always a risk when a couple aren't in natural positions. Just win, it's all I need COYG

ReputationRep:
    So irritating that it's not on tv.

Anyone got any reliable streams that they can PM to me, please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Haha, I play a whole different formation and somehow accommodate them all - but Cazorla is so much effective on the wing.

Anyway, I'm going for a big win tonight - similar to the Villa game. With Leicester going full on defensive it'll be tight but I still think we'll put 4 past them. I want Ozil to score, it will do his morale all kinds of good.
    He's already scored 3 in 3 so I think his moral is fine. Will be a tough game because Leicester will park bus but I can see us breaking through. Hope Cazorla carries on his form too.

Spoiler:
    Show

My best FIFA set up with Arsenal is 4-3-3 holding.

Arteta
    Ramsey Cazorla
    Walcott Sanchez Welbeck

Cazorla over Ozil cause he's currently rated higher (87 :eek: )

Anyways, proper pace abuse. I end up having around 40% possession every game but twice the amount of shots/ on target and goals . Counter attacking is so easy when half the players put on Ultra attack and shove everyone forward. Bearing in mind I am only division 5 rofl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    So irritating that it's not on tv.

Anyone got any reliable streams that they can PM to me, please?
    go on reddit and type in arsenal match thread, about 10 minutes before the match

I always find HD ones doing that

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.