The Commons Bar Mk IX - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
DaveSmith99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
Tory fool on the Daily Politics appears allergic to providing figures. I don't think the Tories have any intention at all to fulfil their NHS pledge.
Not just the NHS, Sajid Javid is refusing to give any details at all on any of their spending pledges or cuts.
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DaveSmith99)
Not just the NHS, Sajid Javid is refusing to give any details at all on any of their spending pledges or cuts.
Very true - the logical inconsistency in him attributed past failures to cut the deficit on unforeseen international circumstances whilst denying the distinct possibility that future circumstances could (and almost definitely will) hamper his current ridiculous pledge should be obvious to anyone paying attention.
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
BBC1 News: Clegg accusing Labour of not apologising then Farage, immediately after criticising Labour for not pledging enough despite apologising.

Sad state of affairs when Clegg sounds more full of crap than Farage.
username456717
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just to comment on the Birkenhead thing here because the threads are closed.

It is ridiculous to employ such a large ban on him. You cannot prove that those accounts were his if they were made by housemates on the same laptop and network. The over bearing moderation and ridiculous bans will continue to undermine this place.
JoeL1994
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nebelbon)

It is ridiculous to employ such a large ban on him. You cannot prove that those accounts were his if they were made by housemates on the same laptop and network. The over bearing moderation and ridiculous bans will continue to undermine this place.
Agreed.
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Also, why were the posts closed?

IIRC my ban posts were left open for people to berate me on.
Green_Pink
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Is it not time to move past this now? TSR Staff have independently investigated it, using evidence we don't have access to, and decided it is beyond reasonable doubt he has duped. This is not just a simple IP check, it has involved a full login and device history which revealed a pattern that clearly demonstrates abuse.
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Green_Pink)
Is it not time to move past this now? TSR Staff have independently investigated it, using evidence we don't have access to, and decided it is beyond reasonable doubt he has duped. This is not just a simple IP check, it has involved a full login and device history which revealed a pattern that clearly demonstrates abuse.
I've been away for the past week and have only just been notified of it.

They can check all that but there can still be people using the same device or IP and using different accounts - there is no way they can be 100% sure.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

They can check all that but there can still be people using the same device or IP and using different accounts - there is no way they can be 100% sure.
They wouldn't have done it if they weren't 100% sure. I'm sure there is a lot of evidence that they have, you just have to accept that you can't see it.
Green_Pink
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

It was people not only using the same device, but immediately after one another - Birk would log out, a dupe would instantly log in and then Birk would be back etc. We don't have the full details but I'm sure given how many staff looked into this they know what they were doing.
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
They wouldn't have done it if they weren't 100% sure. I'm sure there is a lot of evidence that they have, you just have to accept that you can't see it.
I've dealt with similar stuff before and there is always the chance that it was someone else.
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Green_Pink)
It was people not only using the same device, but immediately after one another - Birk would log out, a dupe would instantly log in and then Birk would be back etc. We don't have the full details but I'm sure given how many staff looked into this they know what they were doing.
It could still be a coincidence, what i'm trying to say is they can not be 100% sure. Therefore such a large ban is silly.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've dealt with similar stuff before and there is always the chance that it was someone else.
Again, there is likely to be far more then was made public. And the ban isn't too bad IMO.
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

This is not the place to go into the exact details of the case, as a lot of it contains private information about Birkenhead and his use of the accounts. However, the investigation was very, very thorough and carried out by multiple people, taking into account IP logs, device logs, posting history on all three accounts, posting patterns, the events during which the accounts were active and inactive and so on. The results of the investigation moved the conclusion beyond reasonable doubt.

That is all that can and will be said on the matter.
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Again, there is likely to be far more then was made public. And the ban isn't too bad IMO.
The ban is huge and way out of line. What i did was arguably worse and i got less time!
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kittiara)
This is not the place to go into the exact details of the case, as a lot of it contains private information about Birkenhead and his use of the accounts. However, the investigation was very, very thorough and carried out by multiple people, taking into account IP logs, device logs, posting history on all three accounts, posting patterns, the events during which the accounts were active and inactive and so on. The results of the investigation moved the conclusion beyond reasonable doubt.

That is all that can and will be said on the matter.
You still cannot be 100% sure. Why did you not leave the other posts open?

I'm going to talk about it here because the others are closed.
InnerTemple
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The ban is huge and way out of line. What i did was arguably worse and i got less time!
Would you like us to petition for your previous ban to be reviewed?

I also think the ban was extended because of the fuss Birk made. Initially it was a short ban for the remainder of this term. He then told a load of porkies in this thread and became generally unpleasant to deal with.

In any event, it's all done and dusted now. Order has returned to the Republic.
Kittiara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You still cannot be 100% sure. Why did you not leave the other posts open?

I'm going to talk about it here because the others are closed.
I have seen the evidence. I cannot share it here but, yes, it is 100 percent certain. Anyone who would see everything would say the same.

As for the announcements being locked, that was the decision of the Speaker. And in any case, this House has seen enough drama. What purpose does it serve to talk about stuff where a lot of it is info that cannot be shared for privacy reasons?

The Community Team has made a decision. It's their site. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is.
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by InnerTemple)
Would you like us to petition for your previous ban to be reviewed?

I also think the ban was extended because of the fuss Birk made. Initially it was a short ban for the remainder of this term. He then told a load of porkies in this thread and became generally unpleasant to deal with.

In any event, it's all done and dusted now. Order has returned to the Republic.
I wouldn't be surprised if they did tbh, the moderation here is generally awful. Apart from our mhoc mods such as kitarria and the other one i forget. the higher up you go the worse it is.

So what if he made a fuss? That shouldn't be a reason to extend a ban.
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kittiara)
I have seen the evidence. I cannot share it here but, yes, it is 100 percent certain. Anyone who would see everything would say the same.

As for the announcements being locked, that was the decision of the Speaker. And in any case, this House has seen enough drama. What purpose does it serve to talk about stuff where a lot of it is info that cannot be shared for privacy reasons?

The Community Team has made a decision. It's their site. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is.
Unless you have photos of him using the pc and signing into both accounts then you don't have 100% proof.

That was a stupid decision. Drama is needed to challenge these stupid decisions, how anyone can agree with such a long ban boggles the mind.

I will talk about it because i will not be silenced (and i missed out in the original drama).
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (31)
25%
No (93)
75%

Watched Threads