Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    anyone else still waiting from UCL?

ReputationRep:
    Because im an international student and i cant go to open days and i dont really know what uni to choose rn, so have anyone been to Sheffield/Newcastle/Kent/Edinburgh open day? and how was it like?
    I dont know which university i should choose as my firm choice, Edinburgh would probably be my insurance as they gave me a pretty low offer but i might make them my firm choice if i really like it.
    about my firm choice, which one would be a better choice u think, newcastle or sheffield? Im trying to apply for Kent international scholarship thing so if i get i might choose kent as firm but if not, newcastle or sheffield :0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemyerst)
    Yeh I'm probably going to firm bath cause I love the campus! The IB struggle oh god hahaha what do you take and where did you apply?
    HL: Art, French lang lit and English B
    SL: Bio, Psychology and Math

I will either go to UCL (for AIS though it they accept me) or to Oxfrod Brookes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiveTheMoment)
    HL: Art, French lang lit and English B
    SL: Bio, Psychology and Math

I will either go to UCL (for AIS though it they accept me) or to Oxfrod Brookes
    UCL rejected me cause of my task haha even though I thought it was quite good so whatever hope you get in though
    I do HL:Physics, History and langlit SL:german, spanish and math and AP studio art

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rocketluke1)
    Yeah, have you been interviewed? If so, when?
    I had my interview on the 9th of February, how about you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zzdevzz)
    anyone else still waiting from UCL?
    I'm still waiting eurgh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemyerst)
    UCL rejected me cause of my task haha even though I thought it was quite good so whatever hope you get in though
    I do HL:Physics, History and langlit SL:german, spanish and math and AP studio art
    they rejected me too for architecture but I also applied for AIS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiveTheMoment)
    they rejected me too for architecture but I also applied for AIS
    Oh sick I didnt know they had that haha

ReputationRep:
    For people still awaiting response from UCL after interviews, it is most likely they will not respond till after Easter (as they did not respond to anyone over the Christmas holidays)..
    I also imagine they should get back very soon after Easter break as their last bout of interviews should be done by then or soon after!
    Best of luck to all you guys!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowie)
    For people still awaiting response from UCL after interviews, it is most likely they will not respond till after Easter (as they did not respond to anyone over the Christmas holidays)..
    I also imagine they should get back very soon after Easter break as their last bout of interviews should be done by then or soon after!
    Best of luck to all you guys!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks that's really good to know! How long is the Easter break do you know?

ReputationRep:
    My interview is on 12th and I believe it's the last date so..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Storm2323)
    Thanks that's really good to know! How long is the Easter break do you know?
    ends on the 10th of April.
    I would imagine they should have responded to everyone 2-3 weeks from that date.. Must be such a pain for you poor guys waiting so long.. Must have been an especially high-applicant year for UCL architecture considering the last interviews are so late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowie)
    ends on the 10th of April.
    I would imagine they should have responded to everyone 2-3 weeks from that date.. Must be such a pain for you poor guys waiting so long.. Must have been an especially high-applicant year for UCL architecture considering the last interviews are so late.
    Ahhh that's so long away :/ It really is so frustrating waiting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Storm2323)
    It probably is, it's just weird that I've been invited to an interview more than a month ago and my interview is scheduled in mid april (12th). I'm an EU citizen.

ReputationRep:
    Im studying BTEC level 3 in sport and also mathematics. I am predicted D*D*D* and A*.
    My question is would this be acceptable for being accepted into top architecture university. I know bath and cambridge are out of the picture but what about sheffield? Would their decision be more weighted on how good my art portfolio is? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Francescopsq97)
    It probably is, it's just weird that I've been invited to an interview more than a month ago and my interview is scheduled in mid april (12th). I'm an EU citizen.
    That's becoz u applied on the eve of the dateline, right? Why didn't you apply earlier if you were truly interested in coming to the UK unis? BTW, what about your other four?

So, guys, with F's intv on the 12th, that negates Cowie's efforts to calm everyone......there might be other international intvs too... Still, Cowie, thanks for your kind thoughts and empathy about what the others are going thru.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hongwai)
    That's becoz u applied on the eve of the dateline, right? Why didn't you apply earlier if you were truly interested in coming to the UK unis? BTW, what about your other four?

So, guys, with F's intv on the 12th, that negates Cowie's efforts to calm everyone......there might be other international intvs too... Still, Cowie, thanks for your kind thoughts and empathy about what the others are going thru.
    I don't think that its because of me if the Bartlett is taking its time to assess all applications! I wanna get in really bad but I have enough patience to wait and see what happens, I just expected all interviews to be within 2-3 weeks from the invitation, so it was just a surprise to me, but I didnt mean to complain at all about that. don't overstress yourself, its not gonna make the Bartlett sort out its choices faster. I just don't understand the piss. Pretty much everyone wants to get into the Bartlett, you should have known it could take a long time to get a response. I hope you get in! best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that its because of me if the Bartlett is taking its time to assess all applications! I wanna get in really bad but I have enough patience to wait and see what happens, I just expected all interviews to be within 2-3 weeks from the invitation, so it was just a surprise to me, but I didnt mean to complain at all about that. don't overstress yourself, its not gonna make the Bartlett sort out its choices faster. I just don't understand the piss. Pretty much everyone wants to get into the Bartlett, you should have known it could take a long time to get a response. I hope you get in! best of luck!
    got an offer from Brookes in february and from Newcastle earlier this month.

ReputationRep:
    "but I didnt mean to complain at all about that. don't overstress yourself, its not gonna make the Bartlett sort out its choices faster. I just don't understand the piss."

Whoa, who is under stress now? At least, can we keep this thread civil? I have the right to express my thoughts too, as you have, but please do not degrade this thread nor TSR by using such language. I have NEVER complained about the wait, not faulted the Bartlett for that, yo!

P/S BTW, just pointing out facts and puzzled about applicants like u who profess to want something badly but applies for it last minute...the record shows, F!!

ReputationRep:
    Your reply:

to: Original post by Storm2323)

I replied to your post primarily when u said it was "weird" of the Bartlett to invite u for an itv on the 12th.....

If u find that "just weird", why not let other more sincere (and deserving?) applicants go for that interview! For goodness sake, there were plenty on this thread with brilliant portfolios who did not even get an interview. You applied last minute and were granted an itv, but please do not say it is "weird," give a thot to others.....and don't give us talk that u want to get in the Bartlett (UK unis) very badly and are patiently waiting, etc, ....coz if u really did, u would have applied much earlierl - like the 99 percent on this thread - and not last minute!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 4, 2017

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.