Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HMRC Tax Professional and Operational Delivery Higher Officer Caseworker Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Percypig79)
    The 1320 campaign was for external so internal offers cant come from that campaign.. it was for 300 external jobs.. if people are being offered posts they applied at stage 4 so regardless of whether they are internal they applied on the external campaign... issues with vacancy holder is why some people can see scores etc and others cant.... csr confirmed this.with me yesterday..
    So they confirmed that there were 300 vacancies each for 1320 and 1321?

ReputationRep:
    The 1320 campaign was for external so internal offers cant come from that campaign.. it was for 300 external jobs.. if people are being offered posts they applied at stage 4 so regardless of whether they are internal they applied on the external campaign... issues with vacancy holder is why some people can see scores etc and others cant.... csr confirmed this.with me yesterday..
    I am pretty sure I read somewhere on the 1320 campaign that there was a line in the FAQ's that stated if you applied at stage 4 that you would only be considered after candidates who had successfully applied at stage 2 & 3. In fact I've just managed to find the line I read in the FAQ document which states "It is important to apply at the appropriate stage to ensure that, as an existing civil servant, you are considered ahead of stage 4". That would indicate to me exactly what I've said above, successful internal candidates will be offered positions first, before whats left being offered to external creating a merit list if there isn't enough vacancies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LBMD)
    I am pretty sure I read somewhere on the 1320 campaign that there was a line in the FAQ's that stated if you applied at stage 4 that you would only be considered after candidates who had successfully applied at stage 2 & 3. In fact I've just managed to find the line I read in the FAQ document which states "It is important to apply at the appropriate stage to ensure that, as an existing civil servant, you are considered ahead of stage 4". That would indicate to me exactly what I've said above, successful internal candidates will be offered positions first, before whats left being offered to external creating a merit list.
    I assume that line is standard in all adverts and would apply now in particular as there are internal and external campaigns running at the same time so rather than an internal candidate applying at stage 4 they would select the stage 3 campaign to be considered first.. so if you applied for 1320 it is external only and 1321 was the internal equivalent... it was to ensure you selected the right one at that time.... forever the optimist..lol

ReputationRep:
    So they are aware people can't see their feedback?

ReputationRep:
    I assume that line is standard in all adverts and would apply now in particular as there are internal and external campaigns running at the same time so rather than an internal candidate applying at stage 4 they would select the stage 3 campaign to be considered first.. so if you applied for 1320 it is external only and 1321 was the internal equivalent... it was to ensure you selected the right one at that time.... forever the optimist..lol
    Hopefully you are right, well I hope so as when I applied I was external but I have since secured another role and I am internal now, which is frustrating! However I am definitely going to apply internally on the new recruitment campaign and see what happens. What exactly did CSR say to you regarding external candidates when you spoke to them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamz115)
    Was wondering Trainee how you get to the office everyday? I know there's no on site car parking but those in the office that commute by car where do they usually park mostly? Do you commute by car bus train etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Parking around my building costs £16/week if you sign up to Odyssey parking etc. I just travel in either by taxi or take my car - usually I only take my car when I am going out on visits/meetings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TraineeAcc)
    So they are aware people can't see their feedback?
    Yes they are aware people cannot see feedback... they told me that if you received a successful email you would receive an offer as the vacancy holder is running this campaign differently than other campaigns.. needless to say that no timescale on when these offers may arrive... if you email them they will send you your scores and feedback if you cannot see them.

ReputationRep:
    Yes they are aware people cannot see feedback... they told me that if you received a successful email you would receive an offer as the vacancy holder is running this campaign differently than other campaigns.. needless to say that no timescale on when these offers may arrive... if you email them they will send you your scores and feedback if you cannot see them.
    It's positive that they've said that it's being run differently. It's also positive that they've (again) confirmed that everyone will get an offer.

However, I'd guess that an 'offer' means that it could be a reserve list offer. If they can clarify exactly what they mean by offer we'd have a bit of a better idea.

How have you been contacting CSR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Litts)
    It's positive that they've said that it's being run differently. It's also positive that they've (again) confirmed that everyone will get an offer.

However, I'd guess that an 'offer' means that it could be a reserve list offer. If they can clarify exactly what they mean by offer we'd have a bit of a better idea.

How have you been contacting CSR?
    I have been ringing them.. number is 0300 055 5671.. ring away.. more people that ring the more info we will get perhaps...

ReputationRep:
    Bare haters - mad ting, sad ting

ReputationRep:
    I've just had a look at the stage 4 advert for the latest recruitment 042R. I have noticed that they are employing Manpower to conduct the external recruitment process including all queries and even the pre-employment checks for those who are successful. From what I can see you are still required to submit 4 competencies, before then undertaking two 10 minute numerical and verbal reasoning tests. The highest scoring candidates from the online tests will then have their competencies marked and sifted with again the top scorers being invited to interview.

ReputationRep:
    Ive had the You have passed the interview email but I can see that they are now advertising the job again. What does that mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LBMD)
    I've just had a look at the stage 4 advert for the latest recruitment 042R. I have noticed that they are employing Manpower to conduct the external recruitment process including all queries and even the pre-employment checks for those who are successful. From what I can see you are still required to submit 4 competencies, before then undertaking two 10 minute numerical and verbal reasoning tests. The highest scoring candidates from the online tests will then have their competencies marked and sifted with again the top scorers being invited to interview.
    This is different to the previous campaigns isn't it? It was one competency for the application sift and now it's two?

I applied earlier in the year and got a 1 for the competency that was used for the sift. I also applied for the recent campaign and scored a 4 and got an interview but didn't go. I didn't have my GCSE certs, had my A-level ones and degree but they needed the GCSE ones. The good thing about this campaign is that they only need A-level or degree.*

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

As im in Bham, im hoping to have some sort of a start date by November. I am internal now, but applied externally for some weird reason. I know a lot of internals failed the sifting due to 4 competencies and as external only needed 1.

I have a friend who works here, and even though she cannot mention much, shes given a lot of positive insight as to what to expect. She did mention November as a potential start date....but until iv got it written....im still praying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waki7866)
    Hi Guys,

As im in Bham, im hoping to have some sort of a start date by November. I am internal now, but applied externally for some weird reason. I know a lot of internals failed the sifting due to 4 competencies and as external only needed 1.

I have a friend who works here, and even though she cannot mention much, shes given a lot of positive insight as to what to expect. She did mention November as a potential start date....but until iv got it written....im still praying!
    The one competency on the application form convinced me to go external. Why give yourself 4 chances to not score highly enough when you can concentrate on one example. It was only two competencies in the interview (plus the overarching leading and communicating).

Competencies are so subjective, it wasn't worth risking 4 when the same job with 1 was available!

Was a no brainer for me
    (when I thought that it was two sets of 300 jobs)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LBMD)
    I thought that they would end up advertising it externally given the numbers they were looking for. I've also noticed its the full four competencies like the internal advert, instead of one plus the online test which have been the case in previous recruitments. Could this be they are struggling to get the calibre of candidate they need thus making the application process harder?

Also TraineeAcc, can you tell me the difference between Enforcement and Compliance and Customer Compliance in terms of what the roles will be doing?
    Sorry I hadn't read ur question at the end.
    Enforcement and Compliance is to be renamed and under Customer Compliance so there'll be no difference to the day to day job just merging directorates under new names

ReputationRep:
    I just called CSR (13 Sept at 12:05) - for the June campaign... they are hoping to get offers out today......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simplymekaty)
    I just called CSR (13 Sept at 12:05) - for the June campaign... they are hoping to get offers out today......
    Thanks for the update. Was that offers out for a specific location or for everyone who is waiting?

ReputationRep:
    and is that for internals or externals?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Litts)
    The one competency on the application form convinced me to go external. Why give yourself 4 chances to not score highly enough when you can concentrate on one example. It was only two competencies in the interview (plus the overarching leading and communicating).

Competencies are so subjective, it wasn't worth risking 4 when the same job with 1 was available!

Was a no brainer for me
    (when I thought that it was two sets of 300 jobs)
    I did the same. Would never have gotten the chance with 4 competencies

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.