Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shohaib712)
    Hey guys, was there a question in AQA C3 about the flame test of potasium/sodium? (cant remember) :O
    Was that the one with the table? I remember there was one colour that was right, and the other ones were like no colour change or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnon121)
    Was that the one with the table? I remember there was one colour that was right, and the other ones were like no colour change or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think there was a table but TBH I cant remember. I only remember putting lilac and red because I thought it was asking about the flame test.

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think about this years C1 and C2 paper in comparison to last years?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I put lilac and red was that correct? (sorry, I crammed both units the night before so I can't remember anything)
    Potassium is lilac, sodium is yellow/orange

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    Which subject was the easiest to you guys?
    Chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone on results day.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Dizgurl)
    Thats really nice of you
    I can be nice😇

(Original post by extraordinaire)
    Chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile
    WHY DOES EVERYONE FIND AQA CHEMISTRY EASY? Chemistry made me want to kill my self, and I'm not joking, we didn't get a proper chemistry teacher until year 11! And she was a biology teacher who'd never taught C3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExoIceCream99)
    I can be nice😇

WHY DOES EVERYONE FIND AQA CHEMISTRY EASY? Chemistry made me want to kill my self, and I'm not joking, we didn't get a proper chemistry teacher until year 11! And she was a biology teacher who'd never taught C3.
    Because they made AQA chemistry easy? Idk but I have a friend who also found chemistry difficult. I didn't revise C1 properly so I didn't enjoy taking that exam😅
    Did your school not at least try to find an alternative chemistry teacher?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Because they made AQA chemistry easy? Idk but I have a friend who also found chemistry difficult. I didn't revise C1 properly so I didn't enjoy taking that exam😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep the exam and ISA wasn't that bad.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah that was the table. I think there was also a fill in the gap sentence underneath asking about the flame test colours for potassium and another element (maybe lithium or calcium since people mentioned red?)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can be nice😇

Ouch. Sounds like you had to self-study it.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They tried and failed, the stories really long but the exam may have been easy, but for someone who had to learn the whole subject in 1 year in a subject hard to revise cause I don't enjoy it, you've got a problem, I didn't even get the graph in C3 right and it was easy apparently...
    Yep the exam and ISA wasn't that bad.
    I got an A on the ISA, so yes I'll give you that, the isa was easy

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry was alright, it's physics that made me cringe

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think about this years C1 and C2 paper in comparison to last years?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I found C1 harder even though I revised through it properly (I think I made a silly mistake with the conditions for hydrogenation, and the 6marker)

C2 was pretty good though..
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    Ouch. Sounds like you had to self-study it.
    I tried but it was hard. My chemistry teacher in year 11 offered revision sessions in the morning and invited people from my class but didn't invite me and I got 18/60 in the C3 mocks too...

Mind you did get 11/60 in the B3 mock and I did much better in my current exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XLittleSparrowX)
    Chemistry was alright, it's physics that made me cringe

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Asking us about brown dwarfs smh:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This may be a stupid question but what will we actually see on results day on that sheet of paper? The grade we got for each subject, what about coursework grades, percentages, raw or UMS marks?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I got the ECHO QUESTION WRONG

ReputationRep:
    They tried and failed, the stories really long but the exam may have been easy, but for someone who had to learn the whole subject in 1 year in a subject hard to revise cause I don't enjoy it, you've got a problem, I didn't even get the graph in C3 right and it was easy apparently...

Yeah I get how you feel. For Product Design our teacher was ill half of year 10 when we needed her most. But there wasn't any suitable replacement until May/June. Even when she came back, she didn't help with the theory stuff so we had to self-teach the whole spec. With physics, our teacher wasn't very good at helping us understand the concepts so we had to self teach P3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I got 39/40 (my chem teacher said it was 100UMS)

I was really annoyed with my biology ISA. First my bio teacher marked it at a C, then got remarked to 48/50, then my teacher pushed it down to 44/50 before sending it off to AQA . (But it doesn't matter though cuz I know I failed biology - I didnt revise for unit 3)

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.